Samsung LED UA40ES6200RXZN No Picture only alternate colors flashing on full screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-03-2014, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Samsung LED UA40ES6200RXZN No Picture only alternate colors flashing on full screen

Hello guys,

I bought a Samsung LED UA40ES6200RXZN 3D Smart TV about 15 months back, I am overseas and a week back my wife informed me that there is no picture on the screen, only solid colors flashing on full screen in a sequence which doesn't change, to me it seems to be some sort of code. Searched on the net and some point it to be a case of entering the service/test mode & some point to faulty Main board or t-con board. Now if it is the first case then it might be due to a universal remote that I just used once before getting a new original one from company as the old one was broken. And if it is the latter case then investing in so called big companies like samsung is pointless if the LED costing 1200 USD doesn't even last 15 months....

The problem when first surfaced I told her to switch it off for 30 mins and then back on, the set came back to normal and everything was playing but since the next morning the issue resurfaced and hasn't been resolved since a week now.

Can anyone please help, I hope it is only a minor issue because I get scared with even a thought of replacing the mainboard which would cost half the price of the set.

Please help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Wow I would try contacting Samsung. If it's under warranty, they should be able to replace it if it can't be fixed.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-03-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by be2_sharma View Post
...when first surfaced I told her to switch it off for 30 mins and then back on, the set came back to normal and everything was playing but since the next morning the issue resurfaced and hasn't been resolved since a week now...
Did she merely power it down using the remote/button on the Tv or did she actually unplug the Tv POWER cord. There is a difference. If you have not tried actually unplugging the POWER cord, then try that. Unplug it for at least 3 full minutes.

If you can get a picture back on the Tv then do a MENU > SUPPORT > SELF DIAGNOSIS > RESET.

If the problem continues then try updating the Tv Firmware using USB (if Tv is on network then may already have latest, attempting USB update won't do any harm). See samsung support site to get correct latest version for your model.

Lastly, the Main board in the Tv would need to be replaced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-04-2014, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post
Did she merely power it down using the remote/button on the Tv or did she actually unplug the Tv POWER cord. There is a difference. If you have not tried actually unplugging the POWER cord, then try that. Unplug it for at least 3 full minutes.

If you can get a picture back on the Tv then do a MENU > SUPPORT > SELF DIAGNOSIS > RESET.

If the problem continues then try updating the Tv Firmware using USB (if Tv is on network then may already have latest, attempting USB update won't do any harm). See samsung support site to get correct latest version for your model.

Lastly, the Main board in the Tv would need to be replaced.
Thanks for the reply mate.
Yes the power cord was removed, how to do a firmware update using USB? Also, is it possible that the universal remote might be the cause of the problem?
post #5 of 8 Old 08-04-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Remote will not cause this issue. Firmware file found here:

http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mo...RXZN-downloads

put usb into PC
format usb fat32
download firmware file from website
run the exe and extract to usb
unplug Tv power cord
plug usb into Tv
plug in Tv power cord
hopefully it recognizes the usb and prompts you to install firmware
do not interrupt the process, Tv may appear to not respond for several minutes and/or reboot, just wait until it tells you it's done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-05-2014, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Remote will not cause this issue. Firmware file found here:

http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mo...RXZN-downloads

put usb into PC
format usb fat32
download firmware file from website
run the exe and extract to usb
unplug Tv power cord
plug usb into Tv
plug in Tv power cord
hopefully it recognizes the usb and prompts you to install firmware
do not interrupt the process, Tv may appear to not respond for several minutes and/or reboot, just wait until it tells you it's done
Have downloaded the exe file, will be home in 2 days and will go through your advice step by step. Thanks a lot for advice, will update here when after that. Hope it fixes the issue...

EDIT: Also I saw there are lot of posts on justanswers website where the expert are saying the TV might have gone into 'service mode' and needs the special button combo on remote to get it back to normal, does anyone know about it?

Last edited by be2_sharma; 08-05-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Addition
post #7 of 8 Old 08-10-2014, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

@hammerdwn : Extracted the exe file to a usb as suggested by you, reached home today and unplugged the TV, plugged the USB waited for 5 minutes plugged in the TV alas no change still the same bold colors alternatively coming on full screen, nothing else comes on the screen to see whether I can use the usb or not..:-(

Anymore help please?
post #8 of 8 Old 08-11-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
...Lastly, the Main board in the Tv would need to be replaced.
Searched but nothing on eBay or Uk... If you want to DIY then there might be a part number printed on the board that you can use to find one for sale

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page