Set me straight on colorimeters - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 48Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 4,113
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 973
The i1Pro and i1Pro2 are approved by ISF and THX for professional use but if I thought my i1Pro wasn't "close enough" I'd own a 10-20k spectro. I've found it adequate on all display types except for laser.

I suspected there was a meter deficiency when I first calibrated a VT30 but it turned out to be display error. Ever since then I've used Color Girl Number 2 from the Qtec Hi-Definition Reference Disc (Blu-Ray) for one of my reference contents. Her flesh is quite pale and any Red problems show up like a sore thumb.

Color Girl Number 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	Color Girl #2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	217625
chunon likes this.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 


Last edited by buzzard767; 08-18-2014 at 11:09 AM.
buzzard767 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 88
My feelings, if a profiled i1D3 (from a i1Pro, especially the Rev D) is having issues on a Plasma then it's a problem with the profiling, software or the i1D3.

There were some strange reports when the i1Pro 2 was first released, I suspect there were software issues during this time.

I'll still be recommending having a i1Pro with the i1D3 (if budget allows).
chunon, PlasmaPZ80U and CalWldLif like this.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™


Last edited by turbe; 08-18-2014 at 12:12 PM.
turbe is offline  
post #63 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Member
 
djsketchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yikes...I've been considering buying a retail i1 Display Pro to learn how to calibrate TVs as a hobby, and this thread has definitely taken the wind out of my sails. What's the point in dropping $190 for a colorimeter that itself needs to be calibrated yearly, and has seasoned folks debating on the accuracy of those calibrations to begin with. I think I'll just stick with a pro even though I think I have the patience and aptitude for calibrations. Not willing to invest so much time and money into something that might yield marginal results.
Andrei_VVB likes this.
djsketchie is offline  
post #64 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
Profiled well???? Did you compare the i1Pro to a reference spectro? If so, publish the readings please.
Hello Buzz.

Here is a screen shot of a report from Klein on my I1Pro 2. They used there CS-2000 as the reference. They used many different types of displays, the picture I included in my post is of a plasma. However it is not a VT50 or 60.

As you can see the biggest problem is with Red followed by Green (as Tom suggests).

ss
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plasma.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	218185  
sillysally is offline  
post #65 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,640
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsketchie View Post
Yikes...I've been considering buying a retail i1 Display Pro to learn how to calibrate TVs as a hobby, and this thread has definitely taken the wind out of my sails. What's the point in dropping $190 for a colorimeter that itself needs to be calibrated yearly.
They don't need to be calibrated yearly. NIST certificate are only valid for a year, because you can't guarantee something longer than that. But the C6's that have come back in for recertification have all passed, except for those that are physically damaged. So we have meters that are 2 years old and still very close to how they came out of the package.

This isn't true for lesser meters like spyders, or any meter that has exposed filters, but the sealed optics in the i1 Display Pro are quite durable.

I think the other thing to note is that you've seen amateurs debating the validity of the meter's accuracy. People the people that actually have access to high end hardware on a regular basis (there is a CS-2000, 15ft away from me at the office) are the ones that will tell you the D3 is really pretty good out of the box.
|Tch0rT| likes this.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #66 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 271
@sotti , Tom and gwgill.

When using your respective software to make a meter profile of say C3/I1Pro using a Plasma display.
How much variation is there between multiple meter profiles sessions, that are done with the above same meters on different days. ?

iow, could the above lead to a larger error factor with the readings of the profiled active meter. ?

ss
sillysally is offline  
post #67 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
CalWldLif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay'Los Angeles California.
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Hello Buzz.

Here is a screen shot of a report from Klein on my I1Pro 2. They used there CS-2000 as the reference. They used many different types of displays, the picture I included in my post is of a plasma. However it is not a VT50 or 60.

As you can see the biggest problem is with Red followed by Green (as Tom suggests).

ss
wow
a couple questions if you don't mind.
the Y values are curious in that Red and Blue are similar yet the White x and y are close to D65.

my post with the pics of the values from a D3 vs Pro 1 have the same white values and similar errors on the primaries but the Red and Blue luminance are more correct?.

Is this a Pro 2 issue and did you contact x-rite?
doesn't that comparison show the Pro 2 is out of NIST?

.

Loving D65
CalWldLif is offline  
post #68 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I don't have access to a reference spectro but I can say that I've used my i1pro (rev D) and C6 combo on three plasmas (an old 2008 Panasonic, the 2013 S60, and my current 2013 Samsung F5300). I've never seen anything visually to suggest the accuracy of my spectro or profiled colorimeter is off in any visible manner (test pattern or reference material). The fact that many pros still use the i1pro1/2 as their reference meter should speak for itself.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #69 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
wow
a couple questions if you don't mind.
the Y values are curious in that Red and Blue are similar yet the White x and y are close to D65.

my post with the pics of the values from a D3 vs Pro 1 have the same white values and similar errors on the primaries but the Red and Blue luminance are more correct?.

Is this a Pro 2 issue and did you contact x-rite?
doesn't that comparison show the Pro 2 is out of NIST?

.
No I didn't contact X-Rite.
Klein Instruments didn't seem to think my I1Pro 2 was any surprise judging from the I1Pro's they have on hand.

Actually the repeatability of my I1Pro 2 was fairly close to the Jeti 1201. When used on my VT60 and same pattern source's.
See; 'Jeti 1201 test results' thread for more detailed info.

Also note the Jeti 1211 doesn't have much of a problem in any of the areas that the Jeti 1201 had. If properly setup.

ss
sillysally is offline  
post #70 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
CalWldLif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay'Los Angeles California.
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
No I didn't contact X-Rite.
Klein Instruments didn't seem to think my I1Pro 2 was any surprise judging from the I1Pro's they have on hand.

Actually the repeatability of my I1Pro 2 was fairly close to the Jeti 1201. When used on my VT60 and same pattern source's.
See; 'Jeti 1201 test results' thread for more detailed info.

Also note the Jeti 1211 doesn't have much of a problem in any of the areas that the Jeti 1201 had. If properly setup.

ss
I am more confused.
using all the numbers from your klien report and my comparison,
the D3 is closer to the klien than the i1pro 1.
at least the ones I have.

Loving D65
CalWldLif is offline  
post #71 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
gwgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
The i1Pro and i1Pro2 are approved by ISF and THX for professional use but if I thought my i1Pro wasn't "close enough" I'd own a 10-20k spectro. I've found it adequate on all display types except for laser.
Any sort of laser display is likely to be trouble in terms of observer variability. The standard observer curves work fine for most people and normal display technology, but add critical observers to wide gamut laser displays, and a single set of standard observer curves are likely to show their limitations.
gwgill is offline  
post #72 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,640
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgill View Post
Any sort of laser display is likely to be trouble in terms of observer variability. The standard observer curves work fine for most people and normal display technology, but add critical observers to wide gamut laser displays, and a single set of standard observer curves are likely to show their limitations.
I completely agree, if they go to lasers we'll likely need at least 6 "primaries" to get any sort of consistency between different observers.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #73 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Senior Member
 
<^..^>Smokey Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 63
This is mountain out of a mole hill stuff

On average the i1Display Pro colorimeter performs well enough for 95% of users

The next 4% of DIY'ers and some Pro users crave reference grade performance so pair the colorimeter with a basic grade spectro to gain a little more accuracy.

The next 0.99% who are some DIY'ers and mostly Pro users with enough spare cash to purchase reference equipment. They gain ever decreasing circles of performance for ever increasing cost. I'd point out that pro users reason for having reference equipment is to minimise risk of wrong readings when dealing with an assortment of technologies.

The final 0.1% of users have ultra top end reference equipment to test the likes of the i1Display Pro.

Currently, the best buck for performance is the i1Display pro, period. This is the device I don't hesitate to advise to purchase for any DIY calibration situation. Sure there is error, but no measurement device is not without error, so keep this in perspective.

Masterpiece Calibration Ltd
Christchurch NZ
<^..^>Smokey Joe is offline  
post #74 of 179 Old 08-19-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TomHuffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 6,479
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
When using your respective software to make a meter profile of say C3/I1Pro using a Plasma display.
How much variation is there between multiple meter profiles sessions, that are done with the above same meters on different days. ?

iow, could the above lead to a larger error factor with the readings of the profiled active meter. ?
The biggest variable I have found is warm-up time of the display. Always wait at least a half an hour before taking measurements and then do that consistently.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

TomHuffman is offline  
post #75 of 179 Old 08-19-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,640
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by <^..^>Smokey Joe View Post
This is mountain out of a mole hill stuff

On average the i1Display Pro colorimeter performs well enough for 95% of users

The next 4% of DIY'ers and some Pro users crave reference grade performance so pair the colorimeter with a basic grade spectro to gain a little more accuracy.

The next 0.99% who are some DIY'ers and mostly Pro users with enough spare cash to purchase reference equipment. They gain ever decreasing circles of performance for ever increasing cost. I'd point out that pro users reason for having reference equipment is to minimise risk of wrong readings when dealing with an assortment of technologies.

The final 0.1% of users have ultra top end reference equipment to test the likes of the i1Display Pro.

Currently, the best buck for performance is the i1Display pro, period. This is the device I don't hesitate to advise to purchase for any DIY calibration situation. Sure there is error, but no measurement device is not without error, so keep this in perspective.
Exactly

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #76 of 179 Old 08-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Member
 
randal_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
OK, I get the fundamental operating principle part and the purpose of the various types of color temperature measuring devices.

Where I'm stuck is in figuring out which one to get, especially avoiding things that are locked to a particular software and can be used on more than one computing platform. Ideally, something that with little trouble, could be used to indicate color temperature (balance) and light levels without needing an expensive software package to go with it.

All I want to do is calibrate LCD computer and HDTV displays in my home and not spend a fortune.


If you read through the whole thread isn't it amazing how it can take on a life of it's own never really addressing the main question. Here is my two cent worth. You are a DIY and work on a budget. The standard i1display Pro works with all software bases (commercial and freeware). The only problem it is a colorimeter. There is no way to prove that any colorimeter will have your display devices within it's LUT. I personally would never use a colorimeter unless it has been profiled. The most economical way is to acquire an i1Pro 1 or 2 or get your self a colormuki (which is a spectrometer), as a reference meter.

I know I risk getting flack from others but lets face facts; most are hobbyist. The aforementioned combination of meters will give you a good quality to get the job done and be proud of it. I know enough professionals who use a colorimeter/spetro combo in the field.

A colorimeter is questionable at best as a stand alone meter and the spectro's readings from around 20% and lower are questionable. The marrying of the two meters will give you accuracy (even at low light levels) while being economical.

It would be easy for me to tell you to buy expensive equipment but that would not serve your needs. The method of Colorimeter & Spectro is in my opinion what you need.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Last edited by randal_r; 08-26-2014 at 08:18 AM.
randal_r is online now  
post #77 of 179 Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 4,113
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 973
If you could only have one meter --- I1 Pro or D3 if you could only have one meter?

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 

buzzard767 is online now  
post #78 of 179 Old 08-22-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 4,113
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 973
And about those 10 minute dark level readings with the i1Pro --- i1Pro Dark Readings - I Don't Get It

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 

buzzard767 is online now  
post #79 of 179 Old 08-22-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Buzz, try the same tests with your VT60 (plasma).
As you know a LCD will not come close to the back level of your VT60

Also what is the error margin when you use LS, CM, CP, Argyll, to make a meter profile matrix.?

It seems to me the best tool you can use is Klein's ChromaSurf software to make a meter profile matrix for your K10 using your I1Pro.
This also may involve making more than one meter profile and comparing them, depending on the source display.

Of-course meter setup for profiling (distance and/or on screen + warm up) is also important.

At-least the above is how I do a meter profile using the Jeti 1211 and K10-A meters.

Using a C6/I1Pro2 and calibration software (LS, CM) to make a meter profile, I could never get the kind of results as I get now doing a very large custom color patch 3DLUT for my VT60. The same goes for using the Jeti 1211/K10-A and LS (although better) using LS software to make a meter profile.

ss
sillysally is offline  
post #80 of 179 Old 08-22-2014, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 4,113
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Buzz, try the same tests with your VT60 (plasma).
I have better things to do - at 138" diagonal. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jordy.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	225001

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 

buzzard767 is online now  
post #81 of 179 Old 08-22-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
I have better things to do - at 138" diagonal. lol

Attachment 225001
Ah you have completed your house.

Little to much orange for my taste.

I think I will stay with my 65VT60 and set 9 feet away.

ss
sillysally is offline  
post #82 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Also what is the error margin when you use LS, CM, CP, Argyll, to make a meter profile matrix.?

It seems to me the best tool you can use is Klein's ChromaSurf software to make a meter profile matrix for your K10 using your I1Pro.
This also may involve making more than one meter profile and comparing them, depending on the source display.
Yeap, the best way for Klein users is to use Klein's ChromaSurf Verification feature.



Here is an example of aMeter Profiling with Verification using Klein's ChromaSurf.

JETI Specbos 1211 was used as a reference and I manually entered the xyY of WRGB values with 8 demicals precision to ChromaSurf's Window.

But for other meter users they can use CalMAN as well:



Verifying Meter Profiling for CalMAN Users

CalMAN users can create a Meter Profiling Workflow Page with design similar to the above picture example.

This Meter Profiling Check Layout Page can be found inside the 2x CalMAN 5 Workflows I send to my calibration disk users.....and it's very useful for users to check if their meter profiling correction table is accurate.

To do this verification, start by using Reference Meter Page to take WRGB measurements using your Spectro and after that run your meter profiling procedure like you normally perform using CalMAN.

(re-measure again the WRGB patches using your spectro and colorimeter).

Later, use the Profiled Meter Page to measure the WRGB Patches with your Profiled Meter to see if the correction table is accurate vs. your reference meter readings.
sillysally likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #83 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
CalWldLif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay'Los Angeles California.
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Yeap, the best way for Klein users is to use Klein's ChromaSurf Verification feature.



Here is an example of aMeter Profiling with Verification using Klein's ChromaSurf.

JETI Specbos 1211 was used as a reference and I manually entered the xyY of WRGB values with 8 demicals precision to ChromaSurf's Window.

But for other meter users they can use CalMAN as well:



Verifying Meter Profiling for CalMAN Users

CalMAN users can create a Meter Profiling Workflow Page with design similar to the above picture example.

This Meter Profiling Check Layout Page can be found inside the 2x CalMAN 5 Workflows I send to my calibration disk users.....and it's very useful for users to check if their meter profiling correction table is accurate.

To do this verification, start by using Reference Meter Page to take WRGB measurements using your Spectro and after that run your meter profiling procedure like you normally perform using CalMAN.

(re-measure again the WRGB patches using your spectro and colorimeter).

Later, use the Profiled Meter Page to measure the WRGB Patches with your Profiled Meter to see if the correction table is accurate vs. your reference meter readings.
wow,

I am glad you posted this info.
I have trouble getting a correction profile that becomes that accurate.
yours is great to the .000X.
what is a fail mismatch value?

Loving D65
CalWldLif is offline  
post #84 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
wow,

I am glad you posted this info.
I have trouble getting a correction profile that becomes that accurate.
yours is great to the .000X.
what is a fail mismatch value?
For ChromaSurf, it has by default setting to accept verification of about +-0.001 xy / +-1.5% Luminance difference, if your verification have larger deviation, it reports that the meter correction verification is not accepted.

KURO Plasma used for the meter profiling check with ChromaSurf.

BTW I used a virtual meter for the CalMAN 5 Meter Profiling Check measurements.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 08-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #85 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
CalWldLif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay'Los Angeles California.
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
For ChromaSurf, it has by default setting to accept verification of about +-000.1 xy / +-1.5% Luminance difference, if your verification have larger deviation, it reports that the meter correction verification is not accepted.

KURO Plasma used for the meter profiling check with ChromaSurf.

BTW I used a virtual meter for the CalMAN 5 Meter Profiling Check measurements.
.I on x or y and 1.5 percent of lumen?
could you state it differently for me?
like +- x .00xx +- y .00xx

Loving D65
CalWldLif is offline  
post #86 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
.I on x or y and 1.5 percent of lumen?
could you state it differently for me?
like +- x .00xx +- y .00xx
Ops, check again, It was my typing error.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #87 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
CalWldLif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay'Los Angeles California.
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Ops, check again, It was my typing error.
t hank you.
so +/- .001
the chart you posted shows 3 tenths, 1/3 of max allowance.
very nice.

.001 is pretty tight or am I just not used to seeing that great of a profile?

I imagine the program you showed is very precise.

using Calman 5 and 11pro and D3 what do you consider a good profile error
value?

Loving D65
CalWldLif is offline  
post #88 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
.I on x or y and 1.5 percent of lumen?
could you state it differently for me?
like +- x .00xx +- y .00xx
1.5% of Luminance, cd/m2 it's using as measurement units.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #89 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
using Calman 5 and 11pro and D3 what do you consider a good profile error
value?
The same tolerance during meter profiling verification using CalMAN also.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #90 of 179 Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
CalWldLif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay'Los Angeles California.
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
The same tolerance during meter profiling verification using CalMAN also.
thank you again.
I need to rethink what I get when profiling.
I have tried single pass, multi pass, the manual entering correction tables per the
utility,

damn, I worry enough about patterns and 4:2:2 vs 4:4:4 vs RGB and single hz and
progressive vs interlace.

Loving D65
CalWldLif is offline  
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off