Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 08-14-2014, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung UN32EH5300 HDTV Calibration ps4 help

Hello,

I am new to this forum and i dont know if i am on the right section.

I have an UN32EH5300 hd led tv, when i am playing on the ps4 and shooter game like bf4 i notice in the distance like a fence it has like jagy edges thats moves when i am moving that really making me nacious srry for my english its not my first lanuage. Its mostly in the edges and more in the distance when its close its good my sharpness is atm on 0.

So my qeustion is, is there any option to make them not move atm i am playing in game mode should i change it to pc mode or something and is there any really good calibration settings availible for it. I tried to do it myself with AVSHD free one and i really didnt understand it how to do it.

Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-14-2014, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
First make sure your TV's software/firmware is fully updated. It will be in the service menus.

Make sure your PS4 is set to RGB limited since you are playing on a TV. I think the Auto setting would be fine.

On Samsungs, we calibrate under the Movie picture mode. You can still use Game mode if you want but Movie would look more accurate and realistic. Just make sure noise reduction settings are off. Also settings like dynamic contrast, black tone, and auto motion plus should be off (Whatever Game mode has off, turn it off in other modes too). Another mandatory thing is to set screen adjustment to Screen Fit. Sharpness on Samsungs should be near 0 so you are correct there.

All of the other settings require proper understanding of calibration. Since you have the AVS disc, you should be able to do a good basic calibration but you need to learn how to make those adjustments (brightness, contrast, color, tint).

Last edited by ZKACAL; 08-15-2014 at 12:01 AM.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-15-2014, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKACAL View Post
First make sure your TV's software/firmware is fully updated. It will be in the service menus.

Make sure your PS4 is set to RGB limited since you are playing on a TV. I think the Auto setting would be fine.

On Samsungs, we calibrate under the Movie picture mode. You can still use Game mode if you want but Movie would look more accurate and realistic. Just make sure noise reduction settings are off. Also settings like dynamic contrast, black tone, and auto motion plus should be off (Whatever Game mode has off, turn it off in other modes too). Another mandatory thing is to set screen adjustment to Screen Fit. Sharpness on Samsungs should be near 0 so you are correct there.

All of the other settings require proper understanding of calibration. Since you have the AVS disc, you should be able to do a good basic calibration but you need to learn how to make those adjustments (brightness, contrast, color, tint).
My firmware is updated to 2002 or something its the latest out atm. So i have to turn game mode first off then play with the settings like you told me to. Qeustion about my tv is my bad tv bad to play videogames on the ps4 or do i just have to play with the settings?
post #4 of 13 Old 08-15-2014, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

I did what you told me the quality is much better but still got the problem from before. As you can see on the screenshots i made. It really makes me nacious because it flickers like or moves when i move. Close range everything looks perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battlefield 4™_1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	212962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battlefield 4™_2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	608.3 KB
ID:	212970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battlefield 4™_3.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	449.0 KB
ID:	212978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battlefield 4™_4.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	212986  
post #5 of 13 Old 08-15-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Double check that all of the motion interpolation settings are off. It could also just be the game...do you notice that same effect on other games or movies?
post #6 of 13 Old 08-16-2014, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoostil View Post
Double check that all of the motion interpolation settings are off. It could also just be the game...do you notice that same effect on other games or movies?
I got the same effect on other games. With movies i dont have any problem at all. With the motion you mean Led motion plus? its off, MPEG Noise filter is off asswel digital noise filter same. I really dont know what the problem is.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-16-2014, 03:21 AM

I can't seem to load your images up.

Game mode is good for new people like yourself because it turns off everything that should be turned off. The only problem with Game mode is that the sharpness is too high and the colors and grayscale and everything else are way off. That's why I was recommending Movie mode (with everything off like in Game mode).

It seems you have turned off all the external processing. Maybe the TV is just deficient. I suppose it's out of warranty so you can't get it fixed or replaced by Samsung. So you may have to buy a new TV.
post #8 of 13 Old 08-16-2014, 03:23 AM

You say movies are fine... Are you watching movies with the PS4 or some other blu-ray player?

If you try watching a movie in the PS4 and you notice problems, it may be the PS4 that is messing up. You could always try a different HDMI cable or you can try playing on a different input. Maybe one of the inputs on the TV is messed up.

Last edited by ZKACAL; 08-16-2014 at 03:28 AM.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You say movies are fine... Are you watching movies with the PS4 or some other blu-ray player?

If you try watching a movie in the PS4 and you notice problems, it may be the PS4 that is messing up. You could always try a different HDMI cable or you can try playing on a different input. Maybe one of the inputs on the TV is messed up.
With that i ment movies tv regular, only gaming on ps4.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-16-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can't seem to load your images up.

Game mode is good for new people like yourself because it turns off everything that should be turned off. The only problem with Game mode is that the sharpness is too high and the colors and grayscale and everything else are way off. That's why I was recommending Movie mode (with everything off like in Game mode).

It seems you have turned off all the external processing. Maybe the TV is just deficient. I suppose it's out of warranty so you can't get it fixed or replaced by Samsung. So you may have to buy a new TV.
I have the tv not more then 6 months when i bought it got waranty at the store and at samsung probaly itself. I still dont believe my tv is broke because regular tv is good. But how you sure its broke i dont want to bring my tv to the store and then someone telling me its not broke its pretty new.

Last edited by Unreale; 08-17-2014 at 03:27 AM.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you really want reliable colors you have to calibrate with a hardware sensor like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Datacolor-S4TV...ords=spyder4tv

Doing it by eye is impossible given that your eyes see colors in relation to the ambient light level and color temperature...
post #12 of 13 Old 08-23-2014, 09:16 AM

Unreale,

Try playing the PS4 on a different input. If that doesn't work, try using a different HDMI cable for the PS4. Your TV might be fine but the PS4 might be messing up. You will have to figure out with this experiment.
post #13 of 13 Old 08-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Liked: 10
From the screenshoots it looks that the issue results from the Upscaling done by the console. On PS4, Battlefield 4 runs at 900p, upscaled to 1080p by the console. Since it's not 1080p native, that kind of Aliasing might occur. Haven't played that game on PS4, so not really sure.

Adjust the Sharpness slider on your TV and see if there are any changes or enhancements.
Reply Display Calibration
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page