Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-07-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New Member - Sharp 70" Aquos and a Klein K-10 Colorimeter

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here. I've recently started employment with a company that uses a Klein K-10 Colorimeter. I have several TVs in my house and wanted to know if there is any benefit (if any) to using this Klein to improve any of my TVs? I am a noob to any type of display calibration. While my TV looks fine as it is out of the box, I was wondering if there would be any benefit to dabble with the Klein and my Sharp 70" Aquos.

I currently use the Klein to calibrate RGBW/Gamma on large video walls that are comprised of several smaller monitors. With a display setup like this, we have various levels of color/gamma uniformity so using the Klein helps correct this and improve overall uniformity. The software interface is of course proprietary. I'm guessing there is some sort of UI to be able to calibrate any TV out there with certain calibration tools.

Any help or guidance would be great. I would hate to have a nice expensive tool that is only used for work purposes.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-07-2014, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgamboa View Post
Hello everyone,

I am a new member here. I've recently started employment with a company that uses a Klein K-10 Colorimeter. I have several TVs in my house and wanted to know if there is any benefit (if any) to using this Klein to improve any of my TVs? I am a noob to any type of display calibration. While my TV looks fine as it is out of the box, I was wondering if there would be any benefit to dabble with the Klein and my Sharp 70" Aquos.

I currently use the Klein to calibrate RGBW/Gamma on large video walls that are comprised of several smaller monitors. With a display setup like this, we have various levels of color/gamma uniformity so using the Klein helps correct this and improve overall uniformity. The software interface is of course proprietary. I'm guessing there is some sort of UI to be able to calibrate any TV out there with certain calibration tools.

Any help or guidance would be great. I would hate to have a nice expensive tool that is only used for work purposes.

Thanks in advance.
This issue here is software. the two commerical software chromapure and Calman consider this a pro meter so you need a pro license which can be very expensive. The free software HCFR which by the way is excellent has recently added support for Klein k10. Head to the HCFR thread to find out how to configure it.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page