Samsung Calibration (blue is purple) - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung Calibration (blue is purple)

Hi I've been at this for ages trying to figure out whats wrong. I have a 22" Samsung LED UE22D5003BW and as written in the title, blue looks purple. Some shades of blue look ok but if i look at the main red, blue and green colours blue looks very purple. I done the calibration with a checkered image and it says success but the blue still looks purple. I'll attach an image of what I mean.

When I press calibration and there's blue on screen it actually turns blue temporarily until calibration is done and it just goes purple again. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	472.6 KB
ID:	637945  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-31-2015, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 307
How are you calibrating? With a disk alone (which isn't a calibration), with a light meter and software, by eye?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-31-2015, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
How are you calibrating? With a disk alone (which isn't a calibration), with a light meter and software, by eye?
Thanks for replying. I haven't been manually calibrating i was just using auto hdmi calibration and that was the result. I did find out though that turning the sub brightness down lower makes it start turning blue but the picture gets much darker too. Just that I have a 40L1333 toshiba 40" tv and all them colours are really blue on it and are really purple on the samsung.

Here's a picture attached using my laptop of the same webpage to show how the colours are supposed to look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	638321  
post #4 of 6 Old 03-31-2015, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Are you doing that thru the normal user accessible controls or are you getting into the Service Menu (not recommended) to make adjustments?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-31-2015, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

I had to use the service menu the colours were way worse than they are now all of them were wrong. Brown was nearly red blue was even more purple andeverything looked really pink but now it's only the blue and turning the brightness down low fixes blue colour. I have no idea why it's just weird other TVs don't turn purple with the brightness settings and it wasn't even set high it was 45 of 100.
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Try doing a hard reset on your TV. Then select Movie mode. That is the most accurate for Samsungs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
calibration , Samsung