The Official ChromaPure 3 thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279Likes

post #61 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Tried downloading free upgrade and getting " the signature of Cp3setup.msi corrupt or invalid". Happened twice now.Have upgraded laptop to win 10 (not full clean install) since I purchase CP2, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by rolling01; 01-01-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Bro, u need a new license to make CP3 work...better check with Tom on this. Send him an email and he will respond to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #63 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
Bro, u need a new license to make CP3 work...better check with Tom on this. Send him an email and he will respond to you.

Cheers mate.

post #64 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Really looking forward to trying CP3, still waiting for the new license file but looks very good and I like the fact there is multiple measurements and references in each module. Something I thought would greatly enhance CP and there it is. I sent my email with my old license file 2 days ago and keep checking my email so I can try out what is new.

Great work Tom, as for the bugs I think that is to be expected. I have yet to see many software titles that do not have them out of the gate. As long as the core functionality is intact, the rest should not be too hard to debug.

Samsung 55" JU7100 calibrated picture settings:
Cal-Day Daylight: **Updated 12/22/2015**

Cal-Night/Dark:
post #65 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post
Tried downloading free upgrade and getting " the signature of Cp3setup.msi corrupt or invalid". Happened twice now.Have upgraded laptop to win 10 (not full clean install) since I purchase CP2, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
You will need a new license as desray2k said, but once you download it. Go to your downloads under the file system and you can click on the install CP 3 and it will install it. You can start it up, but it will be waiting for your SN import before it fully runs. I think it is just a security certificate issue. I am running Windows 10 myself.
post #66 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1660 Post(s)
Liked: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlapd View Post
You will need a new license as desray2k said, but once you download it. Go to your downloads under the file system and you can click on the install CP 3 and it will install it. You can start it up, but it will be waiting for your SN import before it fully runs. I think it is just a security certificate issue. I am running Windows 10 myself.
I got the same message downloading to a Windows 8.1 computer. I downloaded CP3 on a WIN 7, copied the file to the WIN 8.1, and it installed with no problem and NO new license.

Buzz
THX Certified Level II Video Calibrator

post #67 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey! New version is very nice!
But..... Am I blind or
Calibrating gamma I get only the target gamma and the
Graphical rapresentation WITHOUT the target as Y (cd/m2)??

In 2.58 version I found very usefull the target expressed in cd/m2 as a more accurate Indication that helped me to reach the best compromise.

Could you mind to help me to understand better?

post #68 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Revert back to use CP ver 2.5.8 while waiting for tom release the fix.

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk
post #69 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased an LG 9100 OLED set and have a i1 Display Pro on the way was well. Looking at purchasing this software, my question is does this work for OLED, and are there any settings that need to be changed?
post #70 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifo View Post
Hey! New version is very nice!
But..... Am I blind or
Calibrating gamma I get only the target gamma and the
Graphical rapresentation WITHOUT the target as Y (cd/m2)??

In 2.58 version I found very usefull the target expressed in cd/m2 as a more accurate Indication that helped me to reach the best compromise.

Could you mind to help me to understand better?
That's right. You have a point I hadn't considered. Right now, there is a dE column, which is redundant. I think we can easily replace that with Target Y.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #71 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibJab24 View Post
I just purchased an LG 9100 OLED set and have a i1 Display Pro on the way was well. Looking at purchasing this software, my question is does this work for OLED, and are there any settings that need to be changed?
Sure it works with any display technology. The best accuracy is obtained by having us calibrate your i1D3 meter for several modes, including OLED.
JibJab24 likes this.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #72 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

If anyone has purchased or requested a v. 3 upgrade but haven't yet received it, please let me know.

I am now back at home base and should not need you to send me your v2 license.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #73 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Advanced Member

Tom, just curious, when can we see an update to fix some of the requests and bugs listed here...is there a timeline that we can look forward to? Thanks!

post #74 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi Tom,

Do users who have upgraded through Ricky@Kalibrate in the UK need to contact you directly or wait for the new license file from Ricky?
post #75 of 1258 Old 01-01-2016, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skood View Post
Hi Tom,

Do users who have upgraded through Ricky@Kalibrate in the UK need to contact you directly or wait for the new license file from Ricky?
Go through Ricky, although I play a role in this. What's your name?

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #76 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I sent him the license about an hour ago. You should be getting it shortly.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #77 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 12:07 AM

Excellent thanks.
post #78 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Tom, do you think you'll get through the rest of the license upgrades today? I sent mine over Wednesday. Thanks.

Theater Equipment list:
Video: JVC RS500, 138" Elite EZ Frame 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV Genie
Audio: Marantz SR-6011, Mains: Paradigm Prestige 85F, Center: Paradigm Prestige 55C, Sides: Paradigm Monitor 7 V6, Rears: Polk TSI100 Atmos: ELAC A4 (2)
Other: Monster Power HTS-5100, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments, HD Fury Linker
Additional setup: Vizio P65-C1, Denon 2112CI, Paradigm Atom V6, Paradigm CC-290 V6
post #79 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 09:03 AM

Hi Tom,

I may have picked up a couple of bugs with the built in signal generator.

Firstly only full fields and Windows seems to work, selecting APL and small windows just outputs a full field.

Secondly something strange is going on with the HDMI output - on Chromapure 2 and Calman I can get my laptop to output 16-235 no problem and I have verified this against pattern discs. CP3 however is doing something with the signal and no matter what I set the graphics card to a 0% gray window is visible against the black background - I may have solved this by disabling YCbCr on the Intel HD graphics control panel - 16 black is no longer visible unless I up the brightness.

Thirdly the test pattern drop down option bar is a little buggy - For example if I try selecting a pattern without having already generated a test slide from within a calibration module it throws up an Unhandled exception saying "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
When I do have a test pattern open on the extended desktop the drop down option bar no longer works and I have to drag the test pattern back to my laptop desktop before it will work again. Finally all the test patterns appear to be cropped for example the brightness pattern only displays the letters BLAC and the sharpness cross is in the bottom right of the screen.
I'm using Windows 10 and .NET framework is updated and I have tried a clean install of CP3.

Edit - after a little more testing it appears that all drop down option boxes have a problem when there is a pattern open on the extended desktop as I am unable to change meter modes.

Further edit - the problem with the drop down boxes seems to be something to do with desktop scaling - when the extended desktop is set to the same resolution as the laptop then they work fine however the patterns are still cropped.

Last edited by Skood; 01-02-2016 at 09:44 AM.
post #80 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi Tom,

Edit - after a little more testing it appears that all drop down option boxes have a problem when there is a pattern open on the extended desktop as I am unable to change meter modes.

Further edit - the problem with the drop down boxes seems to be something to do with desktop scaling - when the extended desktop is set to the same resolution as the laptop then they work fine however the patterns are still cropped.
Ha! let me guess...yours is a Quad HD display or some really high resolution dpi...that's the problem for me as well. I have informed Tom about this while he helped me with my meter licence a while back. There is nothing much we can do except to play around with the desktop resolution. You may want to disable the high dpi option on CP3. I dun think there is nothing Tom can do about it...
post #81 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Ha! let me guess...yours is a Quad HD display or some really high resolution dpi...that's the problem for me as well. I have informed Tom about this while he helped me with my meter licence a while back. There is nothing much we can do except to play around with the desktop resolution. You may want to disable the high dpi option on CP3. I dun think there is nothing Tom can do about it...
No I don't think so. My laptop is set at 1366x768 and the extended desktop is outputting 1920x1080 which the tv will be scaling to its native 4K.
post #82 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No I don't think so. My laptop is set at 1366x768 and the extended desktop is outputting 1920x1080 which the tv will be scaling to its native 4K.
Try the "disable high dpi" option first and see if it works for you in that case but bump up to the native resolution for your laptop. To date, I still can't get my CP2 to work correctly on my QuadHD display on my laptop.
post #83 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Try the "disable high dpi" option first and see if it works for you in that case but bump up to the native resolution for your laptop. To date, I still can't get my CP2 to work correctly on my QuadHD display on my laptop.
Where do I find that option?

Edit - I've found it. That solves the cropped pattern problem. Thank you.

Last edited by Skood; 01-02-2016 at 09:14 PM.
post #84 of 1258 Old 01-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Where do I find that option?

Edit - I've found it. That solves the cropped pattern problem. Thank you.

Glad it solved your issue...

post #85 of 1258 Old 01-03-2016, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I may have picked up a couple of bugs with the built in signal generator.

Firstly only full fields and Windows seems to work, selecting APL and small windows just outputs a full field.

Secondly something strange is going on with the HDMI output - on Chromapure 2 and Calman I can get my laptop to output 16-235 no problem and I have verified this against pattern discs. CP3 however is doing something with the signal and no matter what I set the graphics card to a 0% gray window is visible against the black background - I may have solved this by disabling YCbCr on the Intel HD graphics control panel - 16 black is no longer visible unless I up the brightness.

Thirdly the test pattern drop down option bar is a little buggy - For example if I try selecting a pattern without having already generated a test slide from within a calibration module it throws up an Unhandled exception saying "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
When I do have a test pattern open on the extended desktop the drop down option bar no longer works and I have to drag the test pattern back to my laptop desktop before it will work again. Finally all the test patterns appear to be cropped for example the brightness pattern only displays the letters BLAC and the sharpness cross is in the bottom right of the screen.
I'm using Windows 10 and .NET framework is updated and I have tried a clean install of CP3.

I have confirmed the problem with the Brightness pattern levels. Until we fix this you should use a disc or external pattern generator to set brightness. I have also confirmed the problem with small windows and APL windows. Until this is fixed use fields or standard windows.

However, I cannot reproduce the other issues. Going back and forth between color test patterns and the drop down patterns causes no problem that I can see. If a test pattern seems to be cropped on the extended desktop ensure that the extended display (the calibration display) is set to its native resolution, 1920x1080 in most cases. The laptop screen--the main display--will generally be less. Mine is 1600x900.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #86 of 1258 Old 01-03-2016, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

To follow up, I was able to find a quick fix for the levels issue with the built-in test patterns.

Download madVR and run the utility MadLevelsTweaker.exe

Use that utility to force the HDMI output to 0-255 levels. This fixes the problem, at least it did on my laptop.

We will have more formal integration of this technology into ChromaPure in 3.1.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #87 of 1258 Old 01-03-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
I have confirmed the problem with the Brightness pattern levels. Until we fix this you should use a disc or external pattern generator to set brightness. I have also confirmed the problem with small windows and APL windows. Until this is fixed use fields or standard windows.

However, I cannot reproduce the other issues. Going back and forth between color test patterns and the drop down patterns causes no problem that I can see. If a test pattern seems to be cropped on the extended desktop ensure that the extended display (the calibration display) is set to its native resolution, 1920x1080 in most cases. The laptop screen--the main display--will generally be less. Mine is 1600x900.
I can confirm the cropped test patterns was fixed by right clicking cp3 shortcut/properties/compatibility and disabling high dpi.
post #88 of 1258 Old 01-03-2016, 05:31 AM

I'm also have problems with my i1 display 3 and stable/repeatable readings. The dE and RGB readings are bouncing all over the place. I seem to remember having this issue in an early version of CP2 but I don't remember how it was fixed.
post #89 of 1258 Old 01-03-2016, 06:51 AM

All up and running, can't wait to start playing with, thanks Tom.
post #90 of 1258 Old 01-03-2016, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the new version!

Haven't made any measurements, yet. Gonna give it a go when I get a minute.

On the HOME screen where my Display3 is listed I have the mode option to select PLASMA.

If I select a mode on the home screen should I also, select the same mode in the settings options for the i1 Display 3? I don't have a PLASMA mode option in the settings menu, only: AIO, CRT & LCD. Does it matter if I select/deselect the AUTO CONNECT?

Please help,
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page