Samsung SUHD Quantum Dot .ccss file - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Unread 03-22-2016, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Samsung SUHD Quantum Dot .ccss file

Hello

I just got an i1D3 that seems to be working really well with my computer monitor. I do have some issues with a Samsung 55" JS8 though. While the meter seems to be reading light radiated from the set okayish, i.e. it seems possible to have a smooth gamma ramp, it always ends up with a colored tint. To my eyes, this colored tint does not appear on the computer monitor upon calibrating with hcfr.

I guess the meter could have some general issues measuring output from Samsung's SUHD sets, possibly something that could be fixed using a colorimeter calibration spectral sample. Unfortunately, I do not currently have the hardware to make a sample, but maybe someone else does?

From the looks of things, it seems straightforward, in HCFR select Advanced -> Meter correction file -> Build CCSS.

Most probably it is possible to invoke some ArgyllCMS command to achieve the same result.

I would be interested in seeing if a sample would improve reading of the new Samsungs, and a .ccss could be useful to anyone else who might come across a SUHD set.

Anyone able to help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Unread 03-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I also have been looking for a correction file for a js8500 but haven't found one. Is there one out there?
Thanks

Samsung UN65JS8500 TV
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver
post #3 of 4 Unread 03-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Try setting the Display Type to "Non-Refresh Display" in HCFR or "None" in DisplayCal.

You probably won't be able to do the CMS very accurately but the grayscale should come out ok.

post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks. Sorry I took so long, I lost the thread. Am I better off just leaving the TV at it's default settings than trying to calibrate the CMS?

Samsung UN65JS8500 TV
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
suhd ccss i1d3 spectral sample