Calibration for 75" Samsung J6300 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down Calibration for 75" Samsung J6300

I just bought a 75" Samsung J6300 tv and can't figure out what's wrong with the picture. I have tried to calibrate it and used different recommendations but I have not been able to fix it. The problem with my picture is that when I'm watching a basketball game or soccer game the wide view shows the faces of the players like it is a computer generated face. Seems like I'm playing X Box. It's not only for sports but regular programming. When there's a close up of the face the picture looks betterand not like a video game face but still not very happy with it. My TV is connected to the Bose® SoundTouch® 520 home theater system and I have Dish Network. I have no problems with my other tvs, which are almost 6 years old, and have a better picture than the new Samsung. Please help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-16-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by arev123 View Post
I just bought a 75" Samsung J6300 tv and can't figure out what's wrong with the picture. I have tried to calibrate it and used different recommendations but I have not been able to fix it. The problem with my picture is that when I'm watching a basketball game or soccer game the wide view shows the faces of the players like it is a computer generated face. Seems like I'm playing X Box. It's not only for sports but regular programming. When there's a close up of the face the picture looks betterand not like a video game face but still not very happy with it. My TV is connected to the Bose® SoundTouch® 520 home theater system and I have Dish Network. I have no problems with my other tvs, which are almost 6 years old, and have a better picture than the new Samsung. Please help!!!!
Is it just cable? Could be the source. See how blu-rays look. I found that the J6300 was pretty accurate out of the box. Put it in 'movie mode' and turn off all the junk like "auto motion plus." See how that looks. Movie mode is usually very accurate on the latest Samsungs.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 135
To the OP: if your other TVs are much smaller than your new Samsung, you may be seeing the effects of the upsizing to 75" and/or 4K. A poor-quality picture is mercilessly exposed by larger/higher resolution displays. We were DISH customers for a number of years, and some of their SD channels can look quite bad from multiple stages of compression->transmission->decompression on their way to you.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
calibration settings , display issues , Samsung , tv's