Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2016, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Help with "ghosting?"

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having with my Samsung UN55HU7000 4K TV
The issue is that I'm sometimes getting sort of a ghosting effect when people are in motion. I call it ghosting for lack of a better analogy. What it looks like is that there's faint clear ripples around their heads as if they were emitting heatwaves. It's not super pronounced but it is visible and annoying.
Is there something that could be causing it that I should look for be it with the display or external issues like HDMI cables etc..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2016, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post
Hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having with my Samsung UN55HU7000 4K TV

The issue is that I'm sometimes getting sort of a ghosting effect when people are in motion. I call it ghosting for lack of a better analogy. What it looks like is that there's faint clear ripples around their heads as if they were emitting heatwaves. It's not super pronounced but it is visible and annoying.

Is there something that could be causing it that I should look for be it with the display or external issues like HDMI cables etc..?

This may be caused by over aggressive Auto Motion Plus settings on the tv. I'd suggest looking at those settings and experiment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement