Please share calibration SAMSUNG UE55HU7000U - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Otto Pylot
  • 1 Post By ConnecTEDDD

post #1 of 7 Old 01-20-2017, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Please share calibration SAMSUNG UE55HU7000U

Please share calibration SAMSUNG UE55HU7000U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-20-2017, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked: 853
You're in the wrong forum for sharing calibrations. I would go to the LCD forum that is specific for your model of tv. Sharing settings may or may not work depending on how close your tv's component tolerances are to the tv that the settings came from. It could look ok or it could look like crap. Either way, you can't calibrate a tv by using someone else's settings. All you're doing is adjusting your tv to someone else's. There are four methods to optimize your settings:

1. Adjust your panel with a calibration disk like the free AVS HD709 disk or a commercial one like WoW or Spears & Munsil. It will not be a calibration, only an adjustment, but it may be all you need. To calibrate, you need a light meter.

2. Tweak to taste your basic settings: brightness, contrast, color, aspect, and sharpness.

3. Buy a light meter and appropriate software and learn how to calibrate yourself. Can be a steep learning curve but very satisfying.

4. Pay for a professional calibration.

Sharing settings may be a good way to learn how the various parameters affect each other, but to optimize your panel to its fullest capability you need to calibrate with a light meter so that your panel is set to its own component tolerances according to rec.709 standards and your viewing environment.
GeorgeAB likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-21-2017, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 31
You're better off grabbing display that you know is (semi-)accurate and eyeballing* the calibration:
Make the room completely dark, stick both displays next to each other, bring up 90% white on both screens and adjust the RGB Gain controls so the TV's whitepoint matches the reference display. Then bring up 35% white and adjust the RGB Offsets.

Current generation iPhone's and Macbook's are decently accurate and it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who will let you borrow it for 10min.

This is 1000x better than using someone else's calibration data as Samsung is known to source panels from multiple places and their factory calibrations vary wildly (which in turn influences the offsets of the calibration you are copying).

Some Notes: Set the TV to Movie, Contrast to 88, Brightness to 44 and Gamma to -2 before starting. Also disable any Eco features and pick a backlight setting you like (as changing it after the fact will mess up the calibration). You may also do the basic CMS this way but that requires a lot of patience. **You cannot do the 10-point by eye, so don't even bother.**

* This assumes you are a standard observer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIE_19...ndard_observer

post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2017, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you
post #5 of 7 Old 01-22-2017, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
Current generation iPhone's and Macbook's are decently accurate and it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who will let you borrow it for 10min.

This is 1000x better than using someone else's calibration data as Samsung is known to source panels from multiple places and their factory calibrations vary wildly (which in turn influences the offsets of the calibration you are copying).
Hi, I measured before some days with my JETI 1211 and MobileForge 3 different iPhone, same time/place, with non-contact measurement (disabled Auto-Dim in iPhone, set at max brightness, no auto-lock) using a custom calibration extention tube for this reason (ala NIST) where at one side I had the JETI and to the other side it has placed each iphone, so it was not possible for any external from environment light (notebook screen) to affect the measurement; in an already light controlled room.

Here are the results, validated with 5-Point Saturation (100% Stimulus Level), REC709 colorspace, target gamma 2.2.

iPhone 7:

iPhone SE:

iPhone 6:

The iPhone 7/SE 100% White dE was exact the same; 3.18 dE2000 while it was 5.79 dE2000 for iPhone 6.
Quad5Ny likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #6 of 7 Old 01-22-2017, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, I measured before some days with my JETI 1211 and MobileForge 3 different iPhone, same time/place, with non-contact measurement (disabled Auto-Dim in iPhone, set at max brightness, no auto-lock) using a custom calibration extention tube for this reason (ala NIST) where at one side I had the JETI and to the other side it has placed each iphone, so it was not possible for any external from environment light (notebook screen) to affect the measurement; in an already light controlled room.

Here are the results, validated with 5-Point Saturation (100% Stimulus Level), REC709 colorspace, target gamma 2.2.

iPhone 7: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/i...aturation).png

iPhone SE: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/i...aturation).png

iPhone 6: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/i...aturation).png

The iPhone 7/SE 100% White dE was exact the same; 3.18 dE2000 while it was 5.79 dE2000 for iPhone 6.

This is pretty much expected, may I assume the high dE is because the Whitepoint is around 6800K on the 7 and D75 on the 6? I know on my 7 Plus with 100% White (set to 120cd/m2) I get a dE2000 of 2.5, which is because of the higher color temperature (6720K). What is the color temperature on your 6 and 7?

I know I'd rather have a correct daylight illuminant (anywhere from D63-D70) rather than a random illuminant as a result of having RGB being all over the place.

As for eyeballing a whitepoint, it is not perfect but it does work. I did a experiment where I matched a KU6300 with a old Samsung F5500 by eye (after calibrating W+RGBYCM on the F5500) and my eyeballed results were... well here take a look:

This quite frankly amazed the **** out of me. I couldn't believe the Perceptual Colour Matching article on Lightillusion was real!
post #7 of 7 Old 01-23-2017, 02:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
This is pretty much expected, may I assume the high dE is because the Whitepoint is around 6800K on the 7 and D75 on the 6? I know on my 7 Plus with 100% White (set to 120cd/m2) I get a dE2000 of 2.5, which is because of the higher color temperature (6720K). What is the color temperature on your 6 and 7?
I had over 6800K for 7/SE and over 7200K for 6.

What measurements do you have measuring the peak output level? and what meter you used?

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page