EEcolor lut box artifacts in dark areas of OLED - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By dlj11
  • 2 Post By ConnecTEDDD
  • 1 Post By dlj11
  • 1 Post By BlackJoker

post #1 of 24 Old 03-10-2017, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
EEcolor lut box artifacts in dark areas of OLED

I have been wrestling my new EEcolor lut box for the past 2 weeks. I am using the following gear to calibrate my 65" LG OLED B6P:

Calman 5
Profiled I1 Display Pro 3
Reference I1pro Rev D spec
Mobile Forge generator on android tv box. Checked the box to expand to PC levels (took awhile to figure this out).

I am finally getting very good dE numbers of average below 1 with maximums below 2 .

BUT, i cannot get rid of the substantial artifacts/noise in dark areas of the video displayed on the OLED. It is very distracting and irritating no matter how good of dE numbers I am getting. Of course all the tv video enhancements etc are turned off when calibrating.

I am setting the 100% white point with the tv controls, wide gamut, and clearing out the lut box slot. I have also tried 100, 1000, 3000, and 5000 point luts and still always have the artifacts in dark areas. I upgraded to the OLED specifically for the blacks so this is a problem.

Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of these artifacts? As of right now I am thinking of trading the eecolor box for a used 1080p Lumagen of some type to see if it can do a good color calibration without the artifacts . I know they only do 125 point luts but the eecolor has good numbers with a lightning lut of 101 points but has those damn artifacts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-10-2017, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiraclejr View Post
I have been wrestling my new EEcolor lut box for the past 2 weeks. I am using the following gear to calibrate my 65" LG OLED B6P:

Calman 5
Mobile Forge generator on android tv box. Checked the box to expand to PC levels (took awhile to figure this out).

I am finally getting very good dE numbers of average below 1 with maximums below 2 .

BUT, i cannot get rid of the substantial artifacts/noise in dark areas of the video displayed on the OLED. It is very distracting and irritating no matter how good of dE numbers I am getting. Of course all the tv video enhancements etc are turned off when calibrating.

I am setting the 100% white point with the tv controls, wide gamut, and clearing out the lut box slot. I have also tried 100, 1000, 3000, and 5000 point luts and still always have the artifacts in dark areas. I upgraded to the OLED specifically for the blacks so this is a problem.

Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of these artifacts? As of right now I am thinking of trading the eecolor box for a used 1080p Lumagen of some type to see if it can do a good color calibration without the artifacts . I know they only do 125 point luts but the eecolor has good numbers with a lightning lut of 101 points but has those damn artifacts.

Hi, the problem you see it's not an issue coming from eeColor as a device, eeColor is just a 3D LUT table holder, when the generated table has issues from the software you are using (from bad calculations or bad meter readings or levels issue during patch generation) sure you will have issue to real content, I'm sure your near black area has been lifter a lot, so this produce these artifacts.

If you like, go there:

C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\SpectraCal\CalMA N 5 Home Theater\LUTs

or there (I don't remember which one folder):

C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\SpectraCal\CalMA N 5 Home Theater\CDFs

locate a 14-16MB TXT (text file)....zip it and upload it.... this is the correction table CalMAN generates...since CalMAN don't have tools to analyse it and find where the problem is located... (you have spend some hours to take 100, 1000, 3000, and 5000 point luts to find out)...I can tell you where you have problem in a few seconds, so it will help you look how to solve them, I have CalMAN but not using it for 3D LUT, I will import your file to LightSpace where it has tools to overview any 1D/3D LUT correction file and let you know what is happening.

BTW see some similar issues from other users:

MadVR - ArgyllCMS

eeColor + CalMAN Enthusiast Calibration Questions

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #3 of 24 Old 03-11-2017, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the offer. I am travelling right now but will get you that file tomorrow sometime. Thanks again.

post #4 of 24 Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Tried to upload the zipped 2.4 mb file but the limit looks to be 1 mb. Any suggestions? Thanks.
post #5 of 24 Old 03-13-2017, 02:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Tried to upload the zipped 2.4 mb file but the limit looks to be 1 mb. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Hi, upload it using a free space provider, like http://www.filedropper.com/ and post the download link.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #6 of 24 Old 03-13-2017, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

Calman 5

^

If you use mobileforge with FireTV or similar it wont work correctly, the B6 has issues with some devices outputting RGB to tht TV. The conversation isnt working properly, take a IRE5 pattern with mobileforge and compare it with an IRE5 pattern from TED´s disc. You will see that gamma at IRE5 is much higher (darker) with the pattern from mobileforge. TED´s pattern are correct.

Would be better if you could force your graphicscard to output ycbcr and use madTPG as patterngenerator...
RIppolito and ConnecTEDDD like this.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-14-2017, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

I have had internet issues while on vacation but finally got them resolved enought to post upload the file to filedropper.com. Here is the link.

https://filedropper.com/filemanager/...4c219aa0a31fb0

Thanks for looking at this for me.
post #8 of 24 Old 03-14-2017, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlj11 View Post
^

If you use mobileforge with FireTV or similar it wont work correctly, the B6 has issues with some devices outputting RGB to tht TV. The conversation isnt working properly, take a IRE5 pattern with mobileforge and compare it with an IRE5 pattern from TED´s disc. You will see that gamma at IRE5 is much higher (darker) with the pattern from mobileforge. TED´s pattern are correct.

Would be better if you could force your graphicscard to output ycbcr and use madTPG as patterngenerator...
I will have to attempt to use my laptop as a pattern generator with Calman 5 when I get back home. I only have mobileforge, dvdo iscan duo (8bit and cant be used for 3d luts), and my laptop as possible generators right now. I do have Ted's disc though.

Thanks for your input.
post #9 of 24 Old 03-14-2017, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have had internet issues while on vacation but finally got them resolved enought to post upload the file to filedropper.com. Here is the link.

https://filedropper.com/filemanager/...4c219aa0a31fb0

Thanks for looking at this for me.
Quote:
I will have to attempt to use my laptop as a pattern generator with Calman 5 when I get back home. I only have mobileforge, dvdo iscan duo (8bit and cant be used for 3d luts), and my laptop as possible generators right now. I do have Ted's disc though.

Thanks for your input.
Hi, I have downloaded your correction file generated from CalMAN for your eeColor and loaded to LightSpace.

Usually when someone has problems with 3D LUT, to locate the issues of a setup he can evaluate the performance by taking post-calibration measurements with a meter, verify color reproduction patterns (this is why I have added about 150 Color Reproduction patterns to my calibration disk for that evaluation) or watch real content to see if there problems introduced.

Since it's a correction from other user (and not came from my setup...where I can do the 3 above evuluations), I used LightSpace CMS where it has tools and you can import any 3D LUT correction table, I can locate the errors in a cube generated correction in a few seconds, not only for those generated for my system (never has happened) but from any other user which has used any other calibration solution and it's experiencing problems.

There 3 ways to locate the problems with LightSpace, looking the: 1) 1D LUT Viewer, 2) Looking and rotating the 3D Cube Viewer, 3) using LUT Preview.

Looking the 1D LUT Viewer, there is an extreme lifting of all near black and low-mid levels, probably from levels issue mismatch of the pattern generator/software with combination of TV input setting (this need examination from the user) or a bad calculation. There is a drop of peak output also while seems that you had pre-calibrated 100% White before starting the 3D LUT.

The Pink line is the UNITY line, I added this manually using PhotoShop for better understanding of what the LUT is doing to the signal.

Looking the 3D LUT viewer I see that you have used the Wide Gamut, so your Green and Red was over saturated but there is an issue to blue/magenta area where seems like it's not oversaturated to some luminance levels, while @ 100% Saturation was oversaturared, strange cube...

Finally using the LUT Preview, you can load your own pictures and you can see how applying your correction is affecting the image. Here you have see the problems, if you have my calibration disk and you upload that correction to your eeColor and see the same patterns you will see the same results. Just that LUT Preview of LightSpace saves a lot of time to upload and verify manual from your player.

Here you can see the de-saturation I was talking about (which is normal when you have a very wide gamut, but to the blue/magenta area, the issue is visible there.

Here you can see the boost (lift) of near black-low-mid levels leaves no near black detail, so everything is brighter than expected, unwatchable results.

This shows that there something wrong not related with hardware used as 3D LUT table holder (eeColor 3D LUT Box), but something related to software or setup configuration, just it needs some further testing from the user.

This is my help (using LightSpace tools) for you locate where you have problems, send the file that CalMAN generated to SpectraCAL also, among with the other files CalMAN creates during LUT generation to see if they can help you; this is why users pay annual support, to get support when they experience problems, to help you locate what causing these issue.
RIppolito and 1forsnow like this.

post #10 of 24 Old 03-15-2017, 01:26 AM

I think its the problem with mobileforge, Gamma gets darker the more you go down to black so your charts make perfect sense to me. The LUT has to lift the levels up cause it is too dark down there... So it is the faulty RGB conversation of the B6 + mobileforge. If the neutral greytones arent correct, no wonder the other colors are wrong also. I had the case that my Color was way undersaturated when I used mobileforge/fireTV combination, thought that my display was broken till I used TED´s Disc and found out that mobileforge/fireTV is the faulty part.
Better use another solution for your patterns, DONT use mobileforge with the B6 if you use RGB-output (if you use fireTV the pattern are to 100% not OK). You can use it if you have a bluray player with HDMI-Input, so the player can convert correctly and then send it to the B6.
post #11 of 24 Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Is a FireTV like Chromecast?
I know Chromecast will not send RGB, it get's converted into YCbCr and has no way to change this.

I suspect this to apply to other such devices (USB dongle or wireless) for USB bandwidth reasons.
This agrees with Mr. Aspiotis' assessment (wrong black levels).
post #12 of 24 Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
^

On my E6 I have no problems with full RGB signals. I've compared measurements between RGB and YCbCr on my PC, Ted's disc via MPC-BE+MadVR and HCFR+MadTPG, and using Ted's disc files on my PS3 and PS4. While results were different, they were nothing like Dmiraclejr has.
I only checked grayscale though, and only in PC Icon mode (only way to have 4:4:4 chroma).

I would like to note that, as far as I know, RIppolito has been the only person who has had problems with RGB, which may or may not be caused by the PC Icon mode. It could be his panel, or not.
post #13 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Ice View Post
Is a FireTV like Chromecast?
I know Chromecast will not send RGB, it get's converted into YCbCr and has no way to change this.

I suspect this to apply to other such devices (USB dongle or wireless) for USB bandwidth reasons.
This agrees with Mr. Aspiotis' assessment (wrong black levels).
From some post a couple of years ago, there are several things going on and possibly going on. Chromecast is only accurate for grayscale. Amazon Firestick (the first one) is correct for grayscale and color gamut outputting RGB. I bought both thinking that I could sell off my hardware pattern generators and just go with the dongle. Didn't really work as Chromecast didn't do color right and Firestick output RGB and at the time I was using a Samsung F8500 plasma which didn't do the RGB to YCbCr conversion correctly. A secondary issue, presuming that your OLED is doing the conversion correctly (I haven't checked) is that in low light levels, it may need a much longer read time to be consistant which becomes a problem with OLEDs because after 10 seconds on the same pattern gradually get brighter and then at some point start dimming. So its trying to take a read with the pattern changing. Then you've got the issue of making comparisons to a bluray player that's not setup exactly the same as the output of the dongle. In many cases, 1080i 24 is darker than 1080i60 so you've got that to deal with that's even different that the whole video level versus pc levels issue.

Klein K-10A, CR250, i1D3, i1Pro2, Calman Enthusiast, LG 65B6P, Panasonic 65VT50, and a great wife that puts up with all this.:)
post #14 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 AM

Yes cause you have the E6, only the B6 have problems with fireTV/mobileforge or some RGB-sources Confirmed by a lot of useres and calibrators on the german HiFi-Forum...
post #15 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Maybe you just need a bitperfect PG to get a good 3DLUT calibration with these displays. Near black is critical for these displays and because of the nature of Mobileforge, it's exactly at near black it will be the most inaccurate since the video output it's going through 2 or 3 (3 is the most probable) rescaling levels, none which Calman has any control over since it's happening inside the "idevice" gpu with encoding, and then decoding and scaling by the ATV GPU. Lastly there's an extra "interpretation" rescaling inside Calman...
post #16 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Yes cause you have the E6, only the B6 have problems with fireTV/mobileforge or some RGB-sources Confirmed by a lot of useres and calibrators on the german HiFi-Forum...
I can confirm that issue with every B6 I calibrated they have problems with the RGB Levels of the Stick or even the FireTV Box.

The only way to get rid of this problem is to use the HDMI Input of the Bluray Player if he has one.

Mobileforge

TED Disc

post #17 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 03:07 AM

That is exactly what I see with mobileforge, the RGB-balance is pretty close but the Gamma is way off with mobileforge. The darker it gets the more it gets screwed... After greyscale-calibration with mobileforge the colours are undersaturated (with the mobileforge pattern) too, so you cannot trust mobileforge at all when you have a B6. Or like BlackJoker said, if you have a hdmi-input on your bluray-player let the player do the RGB-conversation and send it to the TV. Then you will also have a difference when you compare it with TED´s disc, but it can be ignored cause it is really small. And the fact that you have an automatic patterngenerator means a lot when you hav to do a 20Pt greyscale calibration :-)

But if you want the best accurate results just use TED´s Disc, really by far the best disc out there!
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #18 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
EEcolor lut box artifacts in dark areas of OLED

Quote:
And the fact that you have an automatic patterngenerator means a lot when you hav to do a 20Pt greyscale calibration :-)

But if you want the best accurate results just use TED´s Disc, really by far the best disc out there!

That's true but meanwhile I only use TED's Disc because you get always the best results. And to be honest we are calibrators where is the fun when u use mobileforge?

And like you said the RGB triplets aren't correct!

But it's necessary and much more comfortable when you create a 3D LUT.

Here is an example of a 65B6 calibrated with TED's Disc

ConnecTEDDD likes this.

TV: LG OLED 65E6D Sources: Oppo UDP-203 Video Processor: TruVue eeColor
Probe: C6-HDR profiled by i1Pro2 Software: Lightspace HTL, Calman 5 Enthusiast
post #19 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 05:45 AM

Have to figure out how to get correct pattern into my B6, my eecolor box is arriving this week (I hope so). My laptop has not the ability to output YCbCr, but I need madTPG as pattern generator for DisplayCal.
Maybe there is hope: I could connect my laptop to the eecolor, then the eecolor-output to the TV (with eecolor off I can do the profiling). Maybe the B6 handles the eecolor-output correctly, I know that the eecolor is only a LUT-holder and that the box does not do anything to the signal, but maybe it works
post #20 of 24 Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 AM

BTW I am working on a solution for the mobileforge-app: Raspberry Pi 3 with android OS, the raspberry can output RGB and YCbCr
post #21 of 24 Old Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Ice View Post
On my E6 I have no problems with full RGB signals. I've compared measurements between RGB and YCbCr on my PC, Ted's disc via MPC-BE+MadVR and HCFR+MadTPG, and using Ted's disc files on my PS3 and PS4. While results were different, they were nothing like Dmiraclejr has.
I only checked grayscale though, and only in PC Icon mode (only way to have 4:4:4 chroma).

I would like to note that, as far as I know, RIppolito has been the only person who has had problems with RGB, which may or may not be caused by the PC Icon mode. It could be his panel, or not.
Have you measured the Color Gamut with PC Icon On/Off to see if there measured differences to ColorChecker or Saturation tracking. I took a quick test between these 2 icon options using color space evaluation patterns but didn't noticed any difference, sending to E6 1080p signal throu eeColor from OPPO UDP-203 with RGB-Video/YCbCr 4:2:2/4:4:4) output from the player.

post #22 of 24 Old Today, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Have to figure out how to get correct pattern into my B6, my eecolor box is arriving this week (I hope so). My laptop has not the ability to output YCbCr, but I need madTPG as pattern generator for DisplayCal.
Maybe there is hope: I could connect my laptop to the eecolor, then the eecolor-output to the TV (with eecolor off I can do the profiling). Maybe the B6 handles the eecolor-output correctly, I know that the eecolor is only a LUT-holder and that the box does not do anything to the signal, but maybe it works
Hi, it's better to have eeColor 3D LUT with a UNITY correction (1:1 Input-Output) as active while you measuring, not have it to ''0'' Off.

post #23 of 24 Old Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi, notebook's HDMI output usually can be accurate when they send RGB output but inaccurate when you send YCbCr.

Blu-Ray Player are doing the opposite, can usually have accurate output with YCbCr but inaccurate with RGB out. See for example some players I recently checked for digital errors: Oppo UDP-203 or Pioneer LX-91 or Sony BDP-S5200.

Also there TV's that handle different RGB input from YCbCr input, for example LG OLED when you send RGB signal, it has different near black performance (reducing near black levels) vs. the YCbCr input.

Generally when you are using software pattern generator using your notebook output as extended desktop, there is no problem with that if you have verified that it's matching the readings you get from your player outout (blu-ray/media player), to be sure that your calibration and your decisions of adjusting calibration controls will have accuracy when you playback a movie also.

When you are using an external pattern generator (Reference/Notebook HDMI output etc.) you have to compare the player output using a calibration disk to see if it's matching the pattern generator output. If it's not matching then makes no sense to use the generator output at all.

Since the consumer/enthousiast/DIY don't have a waveform monitor or HDMI Analyser or DVDO AVLab TPG ColorChecker, Murideo Six-A Analyser; that kind of equipment at their home, to check each player output setting to see if its accurate, you will always have better performance when you will use the specific player you will use for movie player for patch generation, because doing that you will include to the correction the player inaccuracies also, so you will have calibrate your full video chain.

When movies are mastered they are using systems which have their full video chain calibrated, calibration software is connecting with color-grading solutions like Assimilate Scratch, BlackMagic Desgn Resolve, SGO Mystika etc, and it generates the patterns from inside the color-granding software.

For sure it's easier and will require less time to spend if you use the software internal pattern generator but you have to test to see if it matches your player first.

The best thing is to take some measurements (Grayscale/Saturation/ColorChecker) from your Blu-Ray/Media player and then take the same measurements with the internal pattern generator.

Check the reports to see if the measurements from the both inputs are matching closely under meter repeatability tolerance.

post #24 of 24 Old Today, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is exactly what I see with mobileforge, the RGB-balance is pretty close but the Gamma is way off with mobileforge. The darker it gets the more it gets screwed... After greyscale-calibration with mobileforge the colours are undersaturated (with the mobileforge pattern) too, so you cannot trust mobileforge at all when you have a B6. Or like BlackJoker said, if you have a hdmi-input on your bluray-player let the player do the RGB-conversation and send it to the TV. Then you will also have a difference when you compare it with TED´s disc, but it can be ignored cause it is really small. And the fact that you have an automatic patterngenerator means a lot when you hav to do a 20Pt greyscale calibration :-)

Hi, for manual cal using internal displayt controls, since with LG is better to do full pass of Grayscale patches and then at the end look the charts and do the adjustments...there is an Automated Measuring Procedure of 21-Point Grayscale (or 20-Point Grayscale...skipping Black since it's 0 nits) for CalMAN 5 users with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk, instructions generally for available measurement modes are here: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/m...solutions.html

Free Version contains ColorChecker Classic Chapter only, so you have to select the '9' from the available options you see when you run the Batch file....to see how it works.

For Full Versions users selecting '2' it's for 21-Point Grayscale.

You need CalMAN 5 opened behind the Batch window and to have enabled the keyboard commands from CalMAN Settings, and when you will see the Info Screen that the Batch file will tell you, you have to press a key for the Automated measurement procedure to start.

How this works.......CalMAN 5 has some keyboard shortcuts for quick meter or slider actions.

For example, the F5 keyboard button takes a single measurement and with the AutoAdvance option enabled from your Source Settings in CalMAN the slider will select the next color automatically after each measurement.

We are using a Batch file that you have to run and initially select what Chapter you want to use.

For example, to select ColorChecker SG (96 Color Patches) you have to input “10” and hit the Enter Button and after you see on your display the first patch.

You have only to press a keyboard key and that Batch file will send all the required timed commands without any other user prompt.

Now you will be able to use long measurement runs like 10-Step Saturation or ColorChecker SG automatically.

Using Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk 1.1 you need only select the Chapter you want to measure using your Player Remote and when you see the first patch to your display to press a key from the batch utility.

All the required measurements will be automated.

That Batch file contains a series of DOS commands that do the required tasks for this automated procedure.

We are using the WinSendKeys utility to send the keyboard shortcut commands.

This is the list of the Batch files that are included:

NOTE: Don't rename that 6 Batch files because they will not work later. You can change the folder name or create shortcuts with custom names of you like.

Pre-Automated Procedure Testing

Before using any Automated Batch file you have to measure the Chapter in which you are interested to see which Chapter of 2/6/10 sec. patch display time works without problems with your current display/meter setup.

Try to take the measurements the semi-automated way as you were doing previously.

For example, use the 6 sec per patch chapter to see if any measurement takes more than 6 sec. time to return results.

If this is happening with your current meter settings, it will break the sync of the automated measurements.

Try to reduce the exposure setting and this will reduce the required time your meter will need to read each patch.

For SpectraCAL C6 users It’s recommended to use a fixed exposure time setting and not x Sample setting because low luminance patches will require more time and will break the sequence when you read a Black Patch or generally dark patches like 5/10% Gray or 5/10/15% Luminance etc.

In some cases the C6 will take about 15/20 sec to read black etc.

If you want to skip the black patch reading from the automated measurement procedure, we have created batch files to skip from all available chapters the Black patch measurement in case you want to manually enter your Black level luminance (cd/m2) into CalMAN’s Workflow Advanced Options or in case you take this measurement manually.

X-Rite i1Display PRO (i1d3) / SpectraCAL C6, i1PRO1/2 or Discus meters will be able to use the 6 or 10 sec. per color patch Chapter & Batch file.

Klein users will have no problem using the 2 sec. per color patch Chapter & Batch file.

CalMAN Pre-Automated Procedure Setup

Open CalMAN’s Settings Panel and check that you have enabled the Keyboard Shortcuts.

It’s optimum to set the pattern delay 0, or 0.5 sec.

It has to do with each display and needs some testing to find which delay works better in your setup.

If you will use Ted’s CalMAN’s 5 Verify Calibration Tools Workflow or any other, open the Source Settings Panel and check that the Auto Advance is checked.

Using Virtual Meter you can check if your Keyboard F5 button is taking measurements.

Simply select a color from your CalMAN slider and press F5 to see if it’s measuring and if it is going to the next color slider.

If by pressing F5 nothing happens the automated procedure will not work and you need to re-check your settings.

Start Automated Procedure Batch File

Once you have decided and tested manually which sec. per color chapter you can use with your current display/meter setup settings, locate the Batch files folder and double click to run the batch file or your selection.

When you double click the Batch file for the first time, a Security Warning will pop-up. You can un-tick the radio button if you want this warning to not be displayed in the future.

This is the Batch File Main Screen.

Here you can input your number for the chapter you want to use and press the ‘Enter’ key to continue.

The Batch file will now wait...

Navigate the disk menu or locate the media file... Using your Player Remote, select the Chapter from the CalMAN Session of the disk you want to measure...

Check that you have CalMAN Window Opened on your desktop and it’s not minimized on your taskbar.

Select from the CalMAN Slider the color patch that the Batch file is asking for before continuing.

After selecting the required Chapter from Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk -> From CalMAN Session, you will see the initial Chapter Info Screen... after that screen when you will see the first color patch info screen to your display press a key from your keyboard... and let it flow...

After the end of the measurements, the Batch file it will return to it's main menu for you to select a new measurement if you like.

If you do all the steps correctly and the automated procedure measurements hasn’t started, re-run the Batch file and by right clicking select ‘Run as administrator’ command.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration