Display calibration multiple sources via AVR - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2017, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Display calibration multiple sources via AVR

Hi i need help to understand before booking a calibration service.
In the case of a UHD-bluray player , a gamepc and a nvida shield (used for streaming netflix and amazon) is the calibration of the only OLED enough?
All these 3 sources are connected to an AV pre marantz 7703 and only the OUTof the marantz is connected to the OLED tv.
As i understand each source should be calibrated with the OLED display since the 3 sources have different standards (2020 RGB etc etc).
But passing through the marantz they will go in the same IN of the OLED making impossible to have separated regolations (i can connect all the sources to the different OLED IN directly but in case of pc and nvidia the surround is lost)
Suggestions?
/Mikael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2017, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1261 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by våge View Post
Hi i need help to understand before booking a calibration service.
In the case of a UHD-bluray player , a gamepc and a nvida shield (used for streaming netflix and amazon) is the calibration of the only OLED enough?
All these 3 sources are connected to an AV pre marantz 7703 and only the OUTof the marantz is connected to the OLED tv.
As i understand each source should be calibrated with the OLED display since the 3 sources have different standards (2020 RGB etc etc).
But passing through the marantz they will go in the same IN of the OLED making impossible to have separated regolations (i can connect all the sources to the different OLED IN directly but in case of pc and nvidia the surround is lost)
Suggestions?
/Mikael
Your concern is valid, but I believe typically the calibration service would be performed by connecting a pattern generator to your TV input, so your other devices (nvidia shield and game pc) will not be included in the calibration, regardless of whether they go through the receiver.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2017, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Your concern is valid, but I believe typically the calibration service would be performed by connecting a pattern generator to your TV input, so your other devices (nvidia shield and game pc) will not be included in the calibration, regardless of whether they go through the receiver.
Thx Dominic!

Marantz AV7703, Mcintosh M6600, Magnepan 1.7, 2 (surround) Magnepan MC-1, Oppo 103, CambridgeAudio azure 650R, MSB Analog Dac, Clearaudio Performance DC, Nordost cables.

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
While the calibration would be done for the one input on your set, the receiver model that you use also has ISF controls included with this. Once the TV is set, whoever does the calibration should check these on your receiver as well, just thought you should know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page