HD-Fury Integral w/ DVDO ATPG - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2017, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
HD-Fury Integral w/ DVDO ATPG

Has anyone use the combination of the HD-Fury Integral and DVDO TPG to calibrate an LG OLED B-series set? The reason I as is because I've been out of the calibration loop for about 8 months and recently purchased a LG OLED B-series. I currently have the DVDO AVLAB-TPG, but was told that I would need the HD-Fury Integral if I wanted to use the DVDO TPG. Are there any disadvantages of using the HD-Fury Integral and DVDO TPG combo as opposed to having a AccuPel DGA-6000 or Murideo 6-G?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-13-2017, 12:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 100
For a non pro the Fury range is arguably the most cost effective way.
You can use the DVDoTPG for Rec709 still, with the fury you can add the HDR signal required to switch the display into HDR mode.
Although you will likely get some exchange errors from 8bit generation, however these will be arguably small.

The real generators, are as always more flexible and quicker to get setup and going.

Masterpiece Calibration Ltd
Lincolnvilleshire
New Zealand
post #3 of 4 Old 03-13-2017, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked: 2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsform1 View Post
Has anyone use the combination of the HD-Fury Integral and DVDO TPG to calibrate an LG OLED B-series set? The reason I as is because I've been out of the calibration loop for about 8 months and recently purchased a LG OLED B-series. I currently have the DVDO AVLAB-TPG, but was told that I would need the HD-Fury Integral if I wanted to use the DVDO TPG. Are there any disadvantages of using the HD-Fury Integral and DVDO TPG combo as opposed to having a AccuPel DGA-6000 or Murideo 6-G?
Hi, If you want a complete solution for both HDR10/Dolby Vision, Murideo Fresco SIX-G can do that job, it's working with LightSpace/CalMAN/ChromaPure, but there a lot of money for HT enthusiasts. Accupel will be great choice when it will be supported by LightSpace/CalMAN additionally from ChromaPure and when it will have Dolby Vision patch generation capability.

I have HD Linker and Integral but I prefer the HD Linker with my DVD AVLab TPG, because linker has scalling capabilities also, so having DVDO AVLab TPG configured to output 4:4:4 or RGB @ 2160p24 with HD Linker which is adding the metadata/AVI infoframe and sending the REC.2020 flag also (for displays may need rec2020 flag to provide their wider gamut..native); In HD Linker since it's scaller also you can configure it to send other resolutions (like 2160p60) or other color bitdepth (10/12 etc.)

About Dolby Vision, CalMAN can trigger only Dolby Vision mode (not HDR10), using it's internal software patch generator.

CalMAN's internal software pattern generator with require an accurate 1080p RGB output from a notebook/PC to trigger Dolby Vision mode. Unless you test this to your setup, you can't be sure if it will or not, it has to do with your video card output. Usually Intel or Nvidia properly configured can have accurate output, while using AMD it's very difficult to have accurate output in RGB.

Dolby Vision is not delivering dynamic metadata using additional metadata infoframe like the way HDR10 is using now with HDMI 2.0a for static metadata or will deliver later using HDMI 2.1 with dynamic metadata. (when there will be movies released mastered with dynamic metadata)

Dolby Vision sends RGB signal (HDMI 1.4 can be used also) and it's including dynamic metadata internally to the signal.

Internally the video is actually has 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 chroma sub-sampled 12-bit HDR signal which is called 'data wrapper'.

So Data Wrapper is like standard 8-bit RGB signal but it's data inside are 12-bit HDR with dynamic metadata.

Having the dynamic metadata inside the stream it's better for timing/sync reasons.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

post #4 of 4 Old 03-13-2017, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked: 2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by <^..^>Smokey Joe View Post
Although you will likely get some exchange errors from 8bit generation, however these will be arguably small.
Hi, with current calibration software versions there no improvement of final results if you send 10bit patterns, since the 10bit is coming from a 8bit -> 10bit conversion of the software to command the pattern generator, all calibration software are calculating the targets from 8bit values, you can't send specific 10bit value.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page