Acer H236HL help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Acer H236HL help

I just need some help with the contrast and brightness. I have been using the default Contrast of 50 and lowered the brightness down to 50 as well. It just seems too dark. Turning the brightness up seems to hurt my eyes. Same with contrast. But I think it's just because I'm adjusted to the lower settings. Can anyone tell me what they have their contrast and brightness set to? I have been looking for 2 months. I just want a general idea of what looks good to others. A second opinion I guess. I am OCD and things like this are actually very hard for me. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 10:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Whitmon View Post
I just need some help with the contrast and brightness. I have been using the default Contrast of 50 and lowered the brightness down to 50 as well. It just seems too dark. Turning the brightness up seems to hurt my eyes. Same with contrast. But I think it's just because I'm adjusted to the lower settings. Can anyone tell me what they have their contrast and brightness set to? I have been looking for 2 months. I just want a general idea of what looks good to others. A second opinion I guess. I am OCD and things like this are actually very hard for me. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum. Buy a calibration disc or download the AVS HD709 program: AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration .

'Sharing display menu settings?'
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration