Getting error messages using Chromasurf to profile??? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-31-2017, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Getting error messages using Chromasurf to profile???

I'm trying to profile my K10A to a CR250 using chromasurf and CRI APP on a 65B6 OLED and keep getting the error messages that I didn't use to get on other displays.

This all started about the time I switched to an OLED display but at about that time, I updated chromasurf and possibly CRI App.

Can't really tell if its the display or one of the two programs that I use.

Has anyone else come across this and knows what's happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-04-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1733 Post(s)
Liked: 2138
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'm trying to profile my K10A to a CR250 using chromasurf and CRI APP on a 65B6 OLED and keep getting the error messages that I didn't use to get on other displays.

This all started about the time I switched to an OLED display but at about that time, I updated chromasurf and possibly CRI App.

Can't really tell if its the display or one of the two programs that I use.

Has anyone else come across this and knows what's happening.
Hi Jim, have you solved the problem using earlier versions of ChromaSurf I send you? I haven't checked out the latest ChromaSuft.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #3 of 6 Old 04-04-2017, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi Jim, have you solved the problem using earlier versions of ChromaSurf I send you? I haven't checked out the latest ChromaSuft.
I'm traveling and wont be back for. A few days. Someone else is having the same problem who sent the iMessage.
I'm looking forward to getting a chance to try it out. I did write klein support about this. For whatever reason, I'm not able to log into my email account with my mobile device. So I don't know if Itheyve replied.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-12-2017, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

I've been in contact with Klein about this and it turns out that the current versions of ChromaSurf has a problem where if you manually enter the values for the reference meter, it'll report an error when you click on the accept button.

Version 5.37.557 doesn't have this problem so if you can reinstall it from your downloads, you should be fine.

Edited to remove erroneous information. Thanks Ted.

Last edited by JimP; 04-14-2017 at 03:57 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-13-2017, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've been in contact with Klein about this and it turns out that the current and first previous versions of ChromaSurf has a problem where if you manually enter the values for the reference meter, it'll report an error when you click on the accept button.

They're working on a new release but if you're in a jam, give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Another solution would be to check your downloads and see if you happen to still have Version 5.29.232. I think that's the version that fell between versions that had other problems I was dealing with.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info, I had no issues using Klein ChromaSurf 5.37.557 (17 February 2016) so far, I haven't checked the latest version Klein ChromaSurf 5.43 (04 January 2017).

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #6 of 6 Old 04-14-2017, 12:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Lets compare.

Windows 7 operating system
Manually entering reference values?
Windows 10 here and the values I enter manually are coming from an excel file JETI is exporting, they have 4 demicals.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page