eecolor + DisplayCAL -> 3DLUT - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By sillysally
  • 1 Post By DrFaxe
  • 1 Post By sillysally
post #1 of 7 Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 92
eecolor + DisplayCAL -> 3DLUT

is anyone using the eecolor box with DisplayCal 3.2.x for creating 3DLUTs?
Looking at https://hub.displaycal.net/wiki/3d-l...vr-or-eecolor/
it seems pretty simple or am I missing something?
My display is a Samsung Plasma 64F8500 and I have a i1 DisplayPro colorimeter
and looking to use it for plain 1080p only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
is anyone using the eecolor box with DisplayCal 3.2.x for creating 3DLUTs?
Looking at https://hub.displaycal.net/wiki/3d-l...vr-or-eecolor/
it seems pretty simple or am I missing something?
My display is a Samsung Plasma 64F8500 and I have a i1 DisplayPro colorimeter
and looking to use it for plain 1080p only.
Its pretty easy to use. May take you a few treys so run a small profile at first.

ss
rickardl likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3 of 7 Old Today, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Its pretty easy to use. May take you a few treys so run a small profile at first.

ss
Thanks, and there is no need for the manual steps outlined here? eeColor processor - ArgyllCMS
I understand Argyll CMS is included in DisplayCAL but there is no need to use MadVR, MadTPG, TruVue?

post #4 of 7 Old Today, 03:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Hi,

ArgyllCMS and DisplayCal are 2 separate programs, you will need both. DisplayCal is only a GUI for ArgyllCMS. You need the TrueVue App to upload the LUT files into the eecolor box, Argyll or DisplayCal can't write in the eecolor memory directly. Mad TPG is highly recommended, because of it's dithering. Assuming You want to calibrate for video, just force Your GPU to output 0-255 and select 16-235 in the display settings of Mad TPG. Make sure You select the right display, if eecolor is attached it shows SSI-Repeater.
The mentioned eecolor processor - ArgyllCMS thread shows everyting You need and what to do.
rickardl likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 04:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Quote:
Thanks, and there is no need for the manual steps outlined here? eeColor processor - ArgyllCMS
I understand Argyll CMS is included in DisplayCAL but there is no need to use MadVR, MadTPG, TruVue?
Yes just use the packaged setup "DisplayCAL via Zero Install".
You don't have to use madTPG, there is a color patch generator that is incorporated in argyllCMS, although I would recommend madTPG to use with dispcalGUI.. madTPG works very well once you have it setup.

The hardest thing when first starting out using argyllCMS/dispcalGUI is setting up the three main components, argyllCMS, dispcalGUI and madTPG. You should read and use this link for setup, https://displaycal.net/#settingsfile.

Unless dispcalGUI has changed you will need truVue to transfer your cLUT from your PC to eecolor.

Understand argyllCMS/dispcalGUI/madTPG are made by three different guys, but fhoech (dispcalGUI) has done a very good job of combining these three different software's into a package.
Here is a link encase you have a problem setting up madVR/TPG MadVR - ArgyllCMS
'madshi' is the creator of madVR/TPG (TPG is the part of that software that you will use for patch generator) and is active on that thread.

Do yourself a solid and take your time setting up and a basic understanding these three components. Once you have that you will be able to make a cLUT as good as the pros. If you enjoy doing profiling/calibration you may want to get a I1pro (spectro meter) and that way you can make your own meter matrix for the display you are working on, as the pros should also do.

The alternative is to buy LightSpace that is a very well supported software and is made by Steve and his crew for making cLUT's.

ss
rickardl likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"

Last edited by sillysally; Today at 05:21 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks!

I installed DisplayCAL and when launched, it updated ArgyllCMS to the latest version.
I did a quick calibration with the included pattern generator using the min number of patches and could write out a 3DLUT .txt file for eecolor.
Outstanding. Now I only need a deck of cards. And order the eecolor... will think about it...
post #7 of 7 Unread Today, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 1756
Quote:
Thanks!

I installed DisplayCAL and when launched, it updated ArgyllCMS to the latest version.
I did a quick calibration with the included pattern generator using the min number of patches and could write out a 3DLUT .txt file for eecolor.
Outstanding. Now I only need a deck of cards. And order the eecolor... will think about it...
Hi,

You can download the TruVue Application Software Version 2 from here: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/f..._Version_2.zip

Here you can download the latest FTDI VCP CDM communication drivers for the eeColor: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

-----------------------------

Your software will export some files after 3D LUT generation, locate the large TXT file (about 14-15MB) and rename it to 3DLUT_1.txt if you want to be uploaded to Slot 1 of the eeColor.

After that you will use the TruVue eeColor Application Software to upload the 3D LUT table to eeColor memory.

You have to paste that 3DLUT_1.txt file to the TruVue eeColor Application Software installation directory: ''C:\Program Files\Entertainment Experience LLC\TruVue eeColor Application\Data\3dtable\standard nonrgb led\General Media''

Here you can see where you have to click upload custom 3D LUT correction table to eeColor:

You can create to your desktop a shortcut that will bring you very quick the correct folder to place there the custom eeColor TXT files.

(you can browse for custom icon and load one of the eeColor DownLoadTable.exe files you see inside the TruVue eeColor Application directory to bring you an eeColor icon for that shortcut)

As destination for that shortcut (for my Windows 10 64bit) is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment Experience LLC\TruVue eeColor Application\Data\3dtable\standard nonrgb led\General Media"

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration