LG B6 Settings for i1 Display Pro ICC Profile - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-13-2017, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question LG B6 Settings for i1 Display Pro ICC Profile

I recently purchased a 55" LG B6 and an X-Rite i1 Display Pro and would like to calibrate the TV for my HTPC setup.

My TV is hooked up to a PC via HDMI 2.0a (an Intel NUC7i3BNH), which should be able to feed it UHD HDR. The TV exclusively gets content from this source. The software included with the i1 can generate ICC profiles for attached displays, and I'm hoping to use this instead of manually setting the TV controls. My understanding is that the ICC profile will essentially act as a LUT box. Given that the ICC profile can only lower the values being output by PC, I assume I should set the TV to output everything as wide as possible before starting the calibration. What TV settings would achieve this?

TL;DR: I want to use the i1Profiler application to generate an ICC profile for my HTPC, what settings should I set the TV to for the widest starting gamut?

Or conversely, what TV settings should someone use before calibrating for a LUT box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just be aware that some video applications will not use your generated icc profile. So depending on what applications you are using your final results may vary. I'm not sure that the i1Profiler software is setup to measure/calibrate HDR or wide gamut. You might have to contact X-Rite tech support.

LG OLED65B6P TV, Yamaha RX-V665 AV receiver, Sony BDP_S1700 Player, Klipsch F-30 speaker system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration