Sony 930D Service Menu - What is the command? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Otto Pylot

post #1 of 7 Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony 930D Service Menu - What is the command?

I've been trying to adjust the individual colors on my Sony 930D, but I've found the main menu only has Color and Hue control in the main menu. I figured the individual controls may be in the service menu, but the instructions on how to open the menu for this model are nowhere to be found online. The instruction for other models to press Display + 5 + volume up + power (while the set is off) does not work for this model. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1453 Post(s)
Liked: 914
Word of caution. Accessing the SM is very dangerous to do unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing because you can permanently damage your panel. Even if you are able to access it, depending on the firmware version, board(s) version, the commands may have different functions. There is no reason for the enduser to access the SM, unless that is required to calibrate the panel and I sort of doubt it. Good luck, and be careful.
Rolls-Royce likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Sony's recent TVs do not have a CMS, neither in user or service menus.

They ship with a generic correction table for R.709, DCI-P3, Adobe RGB and R.2020.

2pt white balance is available in the service menu though. -- But I see no reason to touch it unless you're trying to increase your contrast ratio by bumping the SM WB and then the 10pt user WB.

post #4 of 7 Old Today, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
Sony's recent TVs do not have a CMS, neither in user or service menus.

They ship with a generic correction table for R.709, DCI-P3, Adobe RGB and R.2020.

2pt white balance is available in the service menu though. -- But I see no reason to touch it unless you're trying to increase your contrast ratio by bumping the SM WB and then the 10pt user WB.
Thanks for the info Quad, I will start a separate thread to figure out the color issue. I used HCFR and an i1 to adjust the grey scale (the 930D has a 10pt control in the user menu), but the colors are off and I thought I would just be able to adjust them independently.

Last edited by forkenbrock; Today at 09:03 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Liked: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkenbrock View Post
The 930D has a 10pt white balance control in the user menu. I calibrated the Grey Scale very well using these controls, but the primary and secondary colors are off. Quad, your response was clear, but surprising...you're saying that the 930D (which is a deluxe model) has only Color and Tint controls to adjust the color, in the User Menu and the Service Menu?
Hi, any 2016/2017 Sony (or any price range, even the ZD9 also) has only Color/Tint for CMS, not full CMS to calibrate 1-Point of each primary/secondary color, there not available any menu to do full CMS adjustments in service menu.

If you want to calibrate the CMS completely you have to move to 3D LUT display characterization, there many options out in the market, here is the complete 3D LUT device (specs/features) comparison list:

Think that Sony had 2-Point Grayscale to all the their models until 2015, starting from 2016 they added 10-Point Grayscale controls.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you TEDDD for clarifying. That's lame of Sony. The picture is pretty good, but unless I'm missing something (I will go back and try to dial in Color and Tint again), their color settings are not so perfect they don't need adjustment controls. I'm sure most of those video processors cost as much as I paid for the TV.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Liked: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkenbrock View Post
I'm sure most of those video processors cost as much as I paid for the TV.
Look the eeColor 3D LUT Box, it's the only processor which works with free open source software DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS, so the cost to get to 3D LUT world is the lowest possible, having already a meter. For patch generation for thousand color points you can use the Google's ChromeCast which is low cost also.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration