CMS Calibration With Color Checker - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2017, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked: 665
CMS Calibration With Color Checker

I have been curious about the combination of these 2. I have calibrated CMS really well with super low deltaE only to find out something is screwed up in Color Checker. I have also have had really good Color Checker deltaE but CMS wasn't as good. Should Color Checker only be for evaluation or can you calibrated off of it? If CMS is great but Color Checker is off, what would be the best approach? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2017, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I have been curious about the combination of these 2. I have calibrated CMS really well with super low deltaE only to find out something is screwed up in Color Checker. I have also have had really good Color Checker deltaE but CMS wasn't as good. Should Color Checker only be for evaluation or can you calibrated off of it? If CMS is great but Color Checker is off, what would be the best approach? Thanks everyone!

I think that's a display issue, color tracking needs to be refined. When you check saturation points ( which is what I focus on), then color checker you hope that tracks well.

You remember one of the firmware updates had some color tracking refinements. Other than that, a 3D LUT is next best bet. We have yet to see it available for HDR.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post

When you moving away from the specific points you calibrated and measure different saturation/luminance color levels, you will locate higher errors, the solution to get the less errors at every point you will measure is to move to 3D LUT.

I have posted some info about the difference of 3D LUT vs. Internal display controls calibration there: Sony A1E 4K HDR OLED TV Thread (No Price Talk)

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page