HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 291 Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Member
 
tingtong5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Delft (Holland)
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasl View Post

Ronald,

Have you tried extracting the MPEG from the transport stream and seeing if that will play on your DVR box? I had no problems playing the SD patterns MPEG on my older SD TIVO.

cheers,


--tom

Hi Thomas,

I just tried, but it doesn't play either :P

Ronald.
tingtong5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 291 Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Member
 
tingtong5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Delft (Holland)
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I am in bussinnes now :-)
I took the original hd ire transport streams and converted them to SD pal format using tmpgenc. Now the dreambox is playing them :-)
tingtong5 is offline  
post #243 of 291 Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Member
 
tingtong5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Delft (Holland)
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
By the way if someone wants them I can make them available on my website...

Edit: here they are: http://www.ronaldverlaan.com/downloa...e-patterns.tgz
tingtong5 is offline  
post #244 of 291 Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

dr1394,

I'm looking for a test pattern to test the Slingbox Pro HD. I want to know if the Slingbox is dropping the odd or even frame from the video signal, NTSC or ATSC which have 60 fields per second.

What HD test pattern could I use to prove this? The simplest thing would be a pattern where all odd frames had a number 1 and all even frames have a number 2.

In the end I could simple tell which frame is dropped because 1 of the numbers would be absent.

Does a pattern already exist for this? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Does anyone follow me here? NTSC/ATSC is 60 fields per second. Is there a test pattern I can use that will prove to me what field is being dropped? I know the hardware and software I use is limited to 30fps and they are dropping either the odd or even frame.

Thanks again.
bunklung is offline  
post #245 of 291 Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

Does anyone follow me here? NTSC/ATSC is 60 fields per second. Is there a test pattern I can use that will prove to me what field is being dropped? I know the hardware and software I use is limited to 30fps and they are dropping either the odd or even frame.

Thanks again.

Sorry I missed your first post. Sometimes I'm just way too busy and can't respond. Anyway, here's a test pattern like the one you requested.

http://www.w6rz.net/interlace.zip

Please report your findings.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #246 of 291 Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
thomasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasl View Post

Hi Ron, in case you don't a chance to do some SD 75% color windows

Ron, I know that you said using your SD encoder is more of a pain (and that you're very busy) but any chance for SD versions of the 75% Rec601 color window patterns to play on non-HD DVRs?

cheers and thanks again for all the patterns,


--tom
thomasl is offline  
post #247 of 291 Old 04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

Sorry I missed your first post. Sometimes I'm just way too busy and can't respond. Anyway, here's a test pattern like the one you requested.

http://www.w6rz.net/interlace.zip

Please report your findings.

Ron

Thank you very much for your efforts. However, my source player (Sling Catcher) is not playing nice with your .ts file. I converted it to mpg, but it still doesn't play nice. Both .TS and MPG play nice on my PC, but when I convert them to MPG the file size is reduced significantly (from 70M to about 15M).

HDTVtoMPEG2_v1.11.94 just doesn't work and MPEG_Streamclip_1.2 works, but again reduces the file size considerably.

Do you have any suggestions?

Why is the file size reduced?

Maybe my hardware is having a problem with the video bitrate? The file compatibility for my players seems to indicate .TS and 20mbps is compatible:
http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005704.html

Is there something that is non standard with your TS files? Thanks again.
bunklung is offline  
post #248 of 291 Old 04-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jeff_DML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

Thank you very much for your efforts. However, my source player (Sling Catcher) is not playing nice with your .ts file. I converted it to mpg, but it still doesn't play nice. Both .TS and MPG play nice on my PC, but when I convert them to MPG the file size is reduced significantly (from 70M to about 15M).

HDTVtoMPEG2_v1.11.94 just doesn't work and MPEG_Streamclip_1.2 works, but again reduces the file size considerably.

Do you have any suggestions?

Why is the file size reduced?

Maybe my hardware is having a problem with the video bitrate? The file compatibility for my players seems to indicate .TS and 20mbps is compatible:
http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005704.html

Is there something that is non standard with your TS files? Thanks again.

The TS file is mostly NULL packets to pad it out to ATSC rate, MPG file just had the video/audio data and strips out the NULL packets
Jeff_DML is offline  
post #249 of 291 Old 04-04-2009, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

Is there something that is non standard with your TS files? Thanks again.

Oh crap, my bad. The video is encoded with 4:2:2 chroma. The decoder in the slingbox is probably having a difficult time with that (while PC decoders like VLC have no problem). It's because the last time I used the encoder, it was for the Big Buck Bunny movie.

http://www.w6rz.net/bbb24p_01.zip

Because there are many versions of this movie on the Internet, I decided to code it in high bitrate 4:2:2 to make it a little different than the rest. Of course, I forgot all about it, and I left the encoder in 4:2:2 mode when I did your clip.

Let me redo the clip in 4:2:0 chroma, and it should work as is (no conversion required). In the meantime, you could try one of the other 4:2:0 patterns on the website. For example, the cropping pattern:

http://www.w6rz.net/overscancrop.zip

BTW, Jeff_DML is correct about why the file size changes when you convert to Program Stream. The video bitrate for that pattern is only about 3.5 Mbps., but it's in an ATSC rate (19.392658 Mbps) TS.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #250 of 291 Old 04-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
dr1394,

http://www.w6rz.net/overscancrop.zip works! It must be the chroma. At your convenience, can you redo the http://www.w6rz.net/interlace.zip with 4:2:0 chroma?

Thanks again.
bunklung is offline  
post #251 of 291 Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Woah does your site have a READY TO BURN FILE?, that is great.
Gslide is offline  
post #252 of 291 Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am reading the entire thread, I see you posted countless of zip for different things

did you put all of those in your ready to burn file or would I need to DL these zips

separate?
Gslide is offline  
post #253 of 291 Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslide View Post

I am reading the entire thread, I see you posted countless of zip for different things

did you put all of those in your ready to burn file or would I need to DL these zips

separate?

There's one big zip with almost all of the files.

http://www.w6rz.net/allpatterns.zip

Be careful, it unzips to around 4.7 GB.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #254 of 291 Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

dr1394,

http://www.w6rz.net/overscancrop.zip works! It must be the chroma. At your convenience, can you redo the http://www.w6rz.net/interlace.zip with 4:2:0 chroma?

Thanks again.

Okay, here it is.

http://www.w6rz.net/interlace.zip

Because it's the same url, you may have to clear the cache on your browser to download the new file. The date of the new file is 4/6/2009 at 10:12pm.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #255 of 291 Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

Okay, here it is.

http://www.w6rz.net/interlace.zip

Because it's the same url, you may have to clear the cache on your browser to download the new file. The date of the new file is 4/6/2009 at 10:12pm.

Ron

Thank you so so so much. The file works great. My results are here as far as the Slingbox is concerned (not to confuse the Slingcatcher since that was just my source player):

The Slingbox does not maintain the NTSC/ATSC signal! Bogus! It drops half the fields. So my follow up question to you is:

"The simplest thing would be a pattern where all odd frames had a number 1 and all even frames have a number 2."

Did you make the number 1 the odd frames and number 2 the even frames? If so, the Slingbox only show the 1's. The odd frames. Only when I pause the video do I sometimes get 2's (50% chance). As soon I resume the video, it goes back to 1's.

If you have time, could you make the same pattern, but make it a 1280x720x60p video (progressive.zip?)? I wonder if the Slingbox HD drops half the fields when dealing with a progressive ATSC video. Thanks again.
bunklung is offline  
post #256 of 291 Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

Thank you so so so much. The file works great. My results are here as far as the Slingbox is concerned (not to confuse the Slingcatcher since that was just my source player):

The Slingbox does not maintain the NTSC/ATSC signal! Bogus! It drops half the fields. So my follow up question to you is:

"The simplest thing would be a pattern where all odd frames had a number 1 and all even frames have a number 2."

Did you make the number 1 the odd frames and number 2 the even frames? If so, the Slingbox only show the 1's. The odd frames. Only when I pause the video do I sometimes get 2's (50% chance). As soon I resume the video, it goes back to 1's.

If you have time, could you make the same pattern, but make it a 1280x720x60p video (progressive.zip?)? I wonder if the Slingbox HD drops half the fields when dealing with a progressive ATSC video. Thanks again.

The terms odd and even are a little ambiguous because there are different ways of numbering the lines. In compression, we like to use top and bottom. The top field contains the 1st line of the image. For the interlace.ts bit-stream, the "1" is in the top field and the "2" is in the bottom field. The pictures are coded top_field_first = 1, so the "1" field occurs before the "2" field in time.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #257 of 291 Old 04-09-2009, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung View Post

If you have time, could you make the same pattern, but make it a 1280x720x60p video (progressive.zip?)? I wonder if the Slingbox HD drops half the fields when dealing with a progressive ATSC video. Thanks again.

Here's the 720p version.

http://www.w6rz.net/progressive.zip

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #258 of 291 Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

Here's the 720p version.

http://www.w6rz.net/progressive.zip

Ron

Thank you again for your help. This is my results:

I place my source into 720/60p mode. When I play the file and stream in through my Slingbox, it picks either 1 or 2. If I pause it, it will pause at either 1 or 2 (50% chance), and it will maintain the number when I resume play.

It appears the hardware has trouble picking up the fields and still only wants to stream at 30fps so it has to dump the other field.

If I set my source to 720/60p and stream the interlaced file, it essentially behaves just like the progressive.ts file, since the source is scaling/deinterlacing the signal and causes the Slingbox, again, to choose between what field to stream and what field to ignore.

I would assume that this limitation is in their encoders. I recall that WMV has some interlacing limitations, maybe not VC-1. Slingmedia's eralier products are based on WMV. The Pro HD is based on H.264, but is backwards compatible.

Very sad. I figure that their older product lines (Slingbox Classic) will be limited to horrid deinterlacing and 30fps. I am hopeful that with your help, we have shed some light on their newer product lines (Slingbox Pro HD) and maybe someday enable better ATSC/NTSC and interlaced support. Thanks for your efforts.
bunklung is offline  
post #259 of 291 Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

The terms odd and even are a little ambiguous because there are different ways of numbering the lines. In compression, we like to use top and bottom. The top field contains the 1st line of the image. For the interlace.ts bit-stream, the "1" is in the top field and the "2" is in the bottom field. The pictures are coded top_field_first = 1, so the "1" field occurs before the "2" field in time.

Ron

Some other questions, since you seem so knowledgeable.

For the sake of my next questions, 60fps is 59.94 and 30 is 29.97.

What does the industry refer to NTSC as 30 fps when it's 60 fields per second? Decoders look at your interlaced.ts file and list it as 30fps? Is it really only 30 fps when the source is encoded as such where the broadcaster's source is 30fps and they want full resolution (see ex. 1)? I know they do this with telecine film, You get 24fps and maintain the film in full resolution.

Would it be more appropriate to list A/NTSC as 60i? I can see some shows on TV that want 30fps and want to utilize the full resolution for each frame.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

ex. 1

broadcaster wants to show a TV show at 30fps in full resolution:
1st field (top) is 1920x540 - frame 1
2nd field (bot) is 1920x540 - frame 1
frame 1 1920x1080 complete
3rd field (top) is 1920x540 - frame 2
4th field (bot) is 1920x540 - frame 2
frame 2 1920x1080 complete
repeat to get full HD resolution for 30fps

Is the above example normal? This to me is 30fps or 30p. Is this a standard? This is like telecine, but for 30fps, not 24fps.

ex. 2

broadcaster wants to show you the super bowl in 60 fps in interlaced resolution.
1st field (top) is 1920x540 - frame 1
2nd field (bot) is 1920x540 - frame 2
3rd field (top) is 1920x540 - frame 3
4th field (bot) is 1920x540 - frame 4

Is the above example normal? This to me is 60fps or 60i. Is this a standard?

Why does the industry use the identification 30i in some cases? *If* ex. 2 is identified as 30i, then why isn't 720p identified as 30p. It just seems inconsistent here.

Am I making any sense here? Thanks again.
bunklung is offline  
post #260 of 291 Old 04-11-2009, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Interlace is for you to grok in your own personal way. To me, it's 30i. That's because each field is not only different in time, but also different in spatial offset (by one line). Two fields make a frame, especially when there's no motion.

For example, the two patterns I just created for you are not exactly the same. In the interlaced pattern, the "1" is one line above the "2". In the progressive pattern, the "1" and "2" are on the same lines.

Just FYI, the creation of the two patterns was entirely different. For the interlaced pattern, I created two RGB images in Photoshop. One 1920x540 image with the "1" and one 1920x540 image with the "two". Then I converted the RGB images to YCbCr. The final step was to "weave" (one line from one image followed by one line from the other image) the two fields into one frame (which I repeated 900 times to create a 30 second clip). The final output (that gets loaded on an uncompressed file server) is 900 interlaced 1920x1080 frames.

The progressive pattern was also created from two RGB image. However, they are two full size 1280x720 images of a "1" and a "2". After conversion to YCbCr, the images are just strung together alternately. That is, a frame of "1" followed by a frame of "2". The final output (that gets loaded on an uncompressed file server) is 1800 progressive 1280x720 frames.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #261 of 291 Old 04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Member
 
bunklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

Interlace is for you to grok in your own personal way. To me, it's 30i. That's because each field is not only different in time, but also different in spatial offset (by one line). Two fields make a frame, especially when there's no motion.

What if there is motion between the fields for all frames? Would you still consider this as 30i? There seems like there should be a distinction between this to avoid confusion when the material needs to be deinterlaced. If there is no motion between mated fields, then the decoder should be smart enough to create a 30p presentation otherwise it should scale/deinterlace to 60p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

Just FYI, the creation of the two patterns was entirely different. For the interlaced pattern, I created two RGB images in Photoshop. One 1920x540 image with the "1" and one 1920x540 image with the "two". Then I converted the RGB images to YCbCr. The final step was to "weave" (one line from one image followed by one line from the other image) the two fields into one frame (which I repeated 900 times to create a 30 second clip). The final output (that gets loaded on an uncompressed file server) is 900 interlaced 1920x1080 frames.

Ah, I get it! This is a digital encode/decoder thing. So a 30i encode is really a 30p encode (for sake of argument), BUT when it is decoded it shows top field first, then bottom, and repeat. This ends up producing a 60 images per second on interlaced displays. On a computer or progressive TV, you are at the mercy of the decoder in how it will deinterlace the stream. Interesting. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

My last question is:
How does one determine if an encode is 30i or 30p? It seems like computers and mediaplayers just say, 29.97 fps. I'm left to guess.

Thanks again for all the great information and responses.
bunklung is offline  
post #262 of 291 Old 04-14-2009, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasl View Post

Ron, I know that you said using your SD encoder is more of a pain (and that you're very busy) but any chance for SD versions of the 75% Rec601 color window patterns to play on non-HD DVRs?

cheers and thanks again for all the patterns,


--tom

Finally got around to it:

http://www.w6rz.net/sdpatchroma.zip

It has 75% color windows followed by 100%.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #263 of 291 Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Member
 
blaubart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What unique patterns, Ron, thank you !!

Just working on a way to visually show the differences between Catalyst ControlCenter's deinterl. options using DXVA (ati's HD GPU series) *here* (in German).
But on the pics you may see what I mean - the differences are very slightly noticeable.

Using your "Alternating black/white 1, 2, 3 and 4 pixel strips with moving interlaced bar 1920x1080", is a better way to show the diff. between just Vector- and MotionAdaptive:



See the white line near Schumachers car? (out of your "sdpaltest.zip" but same with 1080i proportional to the number of horiz. lines 576->1080)
"Normal" interlaced video shows the effect only with such diagolal bright lines moving somehow diagonal (or vertical?) and not too fast.

So I made a pic how a pattern could look like, maybe if it was...
- first interlaced still life for some seconds (to show Bob + Adaptive)
- then moving (like your "Film vertical and horizontal resolution test") but - diagonally left down to right up and back - or up-down (to show Wave, Motion + VectorAdaptive)
...this should finally blow up the ati-mashine?? :-)

cut out, resized:


Moving interlaced bar? Don't know, maybe the moving pic is enough..
--- Europe is PAL country so 25 fps interlaced would be a good thing !

If that is just too much I like your work anyways.. perhaps just a 25fps version of "Alternating black/white 1, 2, 3 and 4 pixel strips with moving interlaced bar 1920x1080"?

Craig
blaubart is offline  
post #264 of 291 Old 04-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
thomasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1394 View Post

Finally got around to it:

http://www.w6rz.net/sdpatchroma.zip

It has 75% color windows followed by 100%.

Ron

Thanks so much Ron. It worked perfectly on the SD TIVO.

Once again, thanks for all the effort on these patterns.


--tom
thomasl is offline  
post #265 of 291 Old 04-21-2009, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dr1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mizar 5
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just to start the ball rolling, here's an extended gamut color bars pattern.

http://www.w6rz.net/bars709_110.zip

The color bars are split into 110% (except for the white bar at 100% and the yellow bar at 107% due to having to limit the Y value to 235) on top, 100% in the middle and 90% on the bottom.

Here's the pattern in 16 to 235 RGB (just to show the layout).



Here's the same pattern in 0 to 255 RGB.



Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
dr1394 is offline  
post #266 of 291 Old 07-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Member
 
blaubart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
..did it myself now, Patterns 1080i + SD but thanks Ron, yours helped to give ideas! Any suggestions how to make it better?
Here's the thread

craig
blaubart is offline  
post #267 of 291 Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Jackie78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

i wonder if there is any screenshot or description what vertrezmotion.ts should look like with different deinterlacers, so how can I compare it to what I actually get?
Jackie78 is offline  
post #268 of 291 Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jeff_DML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am looking for a test pattern like to ramp.ts, basically I want to see if BTB and WTW are being passed through. Problem with ramp is both of those are at the edge of the pattern and the TV I am using is overscanning them away.

TIA
Jeff_DML is offline  
post #269 of 291 Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I'm looking for a HD 'Resolution Wedge' pattern, or whatever it is called similar to what HD Net uses (or use to). Something that 'Joe Average' can see on his display w/o test equipment. I see plenty of patterns with resolution bursts (whatever they are called), but the consistent problem with these is none of them are labeled to the frequency they represent. How is one suppose to know what (frequency burst) you are looking at?? I know those 'wedges' aren't the most exact method, but it does make thing a whole lot easier.
LL

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is online now  
post #270 of 291 Old 03-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Newbie
 
mrMuppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
i'm looking for the HD IRE 0-100 patterns, but not as video. Because my german IP-TV mediaReceiver doesn't play any extern videos at the moment i need the patterns in stills (bmp?)

Can you help me?
mrMuppet is offline  
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off