ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here! - Page 106 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3151 of 3178 Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfury View Post
Hello.

Is there anyone in Orlando, FL in July 12-13 and July 16-22? Or in Miami, FL in July 14-15?

I'll be there for vacations, but I'm thinking of taking my i1 Display PRO to profile it (I don't know if the expression is correct) with a professional calibrator.

If someone is available, feel free to PM me.

Thank you.
I might be able to accommodate since I will be in FL this month. However, you'd have to have the same TV with you that you plan to calibrate, and it doesn't sound like you will since you'll be on vacation.

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 3178 Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post
I might be able to accommodate since I will be in FL this month. However, you'd have to have the same TV with you that you plan to calibrate, and it doesn't sound like you will since you'll be on vacation.
Hello, Chad.

Can't you compare the readings from my i1 PRO to a reference sensor - like one you probably use to do your calibrations -, and then compensate the errors my colorimeter has? I was thinking about doing that to a regular display. Just using a reference colorimeter to correct the error readings of my i1 PRO. When I come to my home, then I would use it to calibrate whatever I wanted knowing that it was more accurate than before.

I hope I'm not expressing what I want to say badly.

Thank you.
post #3153 of 3178 Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
What part of Florida will you be in? Anywhere near Tallahassee?

Samsung PN60E7000
Sony HT-CT770
Custom HTPC - 3.2GHz/8TB/8GB/HD5670
post #3154 of 3178 Old 07-17-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

All over from the keys to Tallahassee. I would be happy to accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

post #3155 of 3178 Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfury View Post
Hello, Chad.

Can't you compare the readings from my i1 PRO to a reference sensor - like one you probably use to do your calibrations -, and then compensate the errors my colorimeter has? I was thinking about doing that to a regular display. Just using a reference colorimeter to correct the error readings of my i1 PRO. When I come to my home, then I would use it to calibrate whatever I wanted knowing that it was more accurate than before.

Thank you.

I believe the errors would be different on different displays so it should be done on each individual display you intend to calibrate.

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

post #3156 of 3178 Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone going to be in Dallas area soon? I need audio and video calibration done on my home theater room. Thanks!
post #3157 of 3178 Old 07-20-2014, 05:13 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpribelin View Post
Anyone going to be in Dallas area soon? I need audio and video calibration done on my home theater room. Thanks!
I will be there in October and offer very high quality audio and video services.
post #3158 of 3178 Old 07-20-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 46
From MrFury:

"Hello, Chad.

Thank you."

Quote:
I believe the errors would be different on different displays so it should be done on each individual display you intend to calibrate.

I believe what MrFury is talking about is a service that Jeff at Spectracal performed on my Gretag Macbeth Eye Beamer - earlier version of the I1 Pro I believe - shortly after my ISF Level II training. For a very reasonable price, he took it in and calibrated it up against his $25,000 Photo Research spectroradiometer and made it respond exactly the same way as the more expensive unit. As such, my Eye Beamer became fully realigned internally, using about the best reference meter on the market. Again, for a very reasonable price - a fraction of what the full 2 day Level II training cost each of us.

But I don't think this is something a calibrator can do for an owner on location. There is special software needed to accomplish this goal, I am sure, plus a special level of finesse and laboratory conditions - plus an eternal level of experience - which we calibrators really don't have access to. Jeff is an expert on such software and computers in general - his fingers were flyin' at that training! - and has the laboratory equipment and conditions, and knows the inner workings of calibration gear like nobody's business - so I really think the pod will have to be sent in for this realignment service, to where they actually do such things, if you want a realignment of your pod.

If you just want to observe the differences between your pod's readings and Chad's equipment's readings and chart them for use whenever you use your pod, I guess that would be a similar endeavor in some ways...

You'd want to do it only after Chad had completely calibrated your display, tho. And it would only be valid if your display is capable of a VERY linear grayscale, as in 10 step grade minimum...

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com

YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

Last edited by Mr Bob; 07-20-2014 at 11:14 AM.
post #3159 of 3178 Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptheRemote View Post
Here's details on my upcoming tour to Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Chicago/Northern Illinois and Michigan:

August-September 2014

Central Iowa area: Monday, August 25

Rochester, MN area: Tuesday, August 26

Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area: Tuesday-Friday, August 26-29

Madison-Milwaukee, WI area: Saturday, August 30

Chicago, IL area: Saturday, August 30 through Monday, September 1

Detroit, MI area: Tuesday-Thursday, September 2-4

Central/Southern Illinois areas: Friday, September 5

To learn more about this tour and my services, you can reach me via eMail (doug AT clearlyresolved DOT com), or by phone (314-226-1705).
Just sent you a email!
post #3160 of 3178 Old 07-22-2014, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Anyone in the Milwaukee, WI area? Looking to have a 55 inch Sony W800b series calibrated. Thank you.
post #3161 of 3178 Old 08-01-2014, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hello everyone!

My name is Jason Dustal, and I am certified by the ISF as both a calibrator and instructor. I live in Tampa, FL and am able to travel all over Florida.

Originally trained by Joel Silver in 2008, I was level 2 certified in 2010, and trainer certified in 2012. Bob Fucci of the ISF is my personal mentor.

My current rig consists of: DVDO 4k signal generator, X-Rite I1Pro2 spectrophotometer, X-Rite Chroma 5 colorimeter, CalMAN 5 ULTIMATE software, Sencore VP401 signal generator

I have calibrated almost 5,000 displays/video systems and have seen it all! I love to talk shop and share my knowledge. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here or you can always email me at ISFJasonD65@gmail.com.

Thanks for looking!

http://www.imagingscience.com/dealerpage.php?id=9773
post #3162 of 3178 Old 08-04-2014, 05:06 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

I will be in the following states in September for the highest quality home theater calibration and design services of video and/or audio. You can contact me at www.accucalhd.com/contact.htm.

Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
post #3163 of 3178 Old 08-10-2014, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Have a jvc x500r pj.
Anyone going to be in south Florida?
post #3164 of 3178 Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Look 3 posts up.

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #3165 of 3178 Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm located just north of Pittsburgh, PA. Wondering if anyone would be able to calibrate / optimize an Optoma HD25e projector on a 110" screen?

Or.. it's it overkill to calibrate such an inexpensive projector?
post #3166 of 3178 Old 08-11-2014, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp5002 View Post
I'm located just north of Pittsburgh, PA. Wondering if anyone would be able to calibrate / optimize an Optoma HD25e projector on a 110" screen?

Or.. it's it overkill to calibrate such an inexpensive projector?

You have a full cms, simple white balance, and gamma selection among other controls. Also I often encounter and correct installation related geometry problems. It would be worthwhile.
I could do it for you; if you would like to schedule please fill out the form at hdtvbychadb.com/contact

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

post #3167 of 3178 Old 08-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post
Look 3 posts up.

b
thanks,....missed that.
post #3168 of 3178 Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

I have openings in North Carolina and Tennessee for September. Please go to my website www.accucalhd.com for more information on my audio and video services.

W. Jeff Meier

post #3169 of 3178 Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just a quick update on my IA-MN-WI-CHGO-MI tour beginning next week...I'm fully booked for central Iowa, Rochester, Minneapolis and Central Illinois but still have openings available in Madison/Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit.

If anyone is interested in scheduling an appointment for any of those available dates, my schedule is listed below below. You can contact me via eMail via doug AT clearlyresolved DOT com or by phone on 314-226-1705.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptheRemote View Post
Here's details on my upcoming tour to Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Chicago/Northern Illinois and Michigan:

August-September 2014

Central Iowa area: Monday, August 25

Rochester, MN area: Tuesday, August 26

Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area: Tuesday-Friday, August 26-29

Madison-Milwaukee, WI area: Saturday, August 30

Chicago, IL area: Saturday, August 30 through Monday, September 1

Detroit, MI area: Tuesday-Thursday, September 2-4

Central/Southern Illinois areas: Friday, September 5

To learn more about this tour and my services, you can reach me via eMail (doug AT clearlyresolved DOT com), or by phone (314-226-1705).

Doug

ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #3170 of 3178 Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
anyone for montezuma, ny? in the central ny area
post #3171 of 3178 Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I know this may sound like a dumb question, but when you have a professional calibration done on your set. Do you get a printout of before and after cms, gray scale, etc.?
post #3172 of 3178 Old 09-02-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I give a digital .pdf report with that in it.

touring calibrator
Jeti 1211

Latest reviews:

post #3173 of 3178 Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaByte View Post
I know this may sound like a dumb question, but when you have a professional calibration done on your set. Do you get a printout of before and after cms, gray scale, etc.?
Quote:
I give a digital .pdf report with that in it.

Same here.
post #3174 of 3178 Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thx for the answers guys.....
post #3175 of 3178 Old 09-03-2014, 05:27 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaByte View Post
Here is an example of the reports I provide. The information provided and services offered depend on the client.

Example Basic Theater Calibration Report

Example Room Acoustics Info

Example of Audio Frequency Changes

W. Jeff Meier

post #3176 of 3178 Old 09-05-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Dumbfounded

Hi All

Glad I found this thread, as I am in need of someone more pro to tweak a future purchase. I was dumbfounded when I found a guy on the ISF site who blew me off with this response

Hi XXXXXX

Sorry I can not give you a price because this is due to several factors like condition and type of equipment.

If you are looking for a price I think Best Buys offers ISF calibration for a price.

Good luck,

XXXXXXXX

Now I for one completely understand variable's do exist, and he cant give me the perfect quote. But was I supposed to call him, he comes over, and then charges me whatever he wants? i don't get it.

The only real variable was that I was deciding between a 7150 75 inch Sammy and a Vizio 80 inch(2013) model. Both have 3d, and all the bells and whistles.

I am in Bucks County PA if anyone is near.

Thanks!

I'd love to get my hands on a Blu Monster's Ball.-LilStinky

Refering to a possible release of said movie on BD LOL
post #3177 of 3178 Old 09-08-2014, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I would recommend you call the ISF office and talk with Joel Silver or Bob Fucci directly about this. They may want to know who this is and extend to him a little extra from-the-shoulder training in pricing. They are very conscious that their agents represent them and ISF, out there in the field.

At the very least he should give you a range of the max and min it could cost to have him do your calibration, which could be more pinned down once he's on location with your set, and not just leave you hanging without any idea at all.

You might want to hire one of the more experienced agents for your set, like the highly recommended gents who appear here in this thread. Many do calibration tours that may cover your area. Either of the sets you mentioned is a nicely sized, magnificent set, and you deserve the best picture that can be gleaned from it.

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

Last edited by Mr Bob; 09-08-2014 at 12:14 AM.
post #3178 of 3178 Old 09-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Looking for someone in the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area for a Jvc 4910 and possibly a Panasonic vt60.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page