ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here! - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #3421 of 3440 Old 06-27-2015, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 1
looking for calibration fot my 60VT60,NYC queens. pls PM me if how much for the price.

i only want 1 input, and ISF night. thats all. please give me a better price. thanks.

Last edited by tapsilog; 06-27-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3440 Old 06-29-2015, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapsilog View Post
looking for calibration fot my 60VT60,NYC queens. pls PM me if how much for the price.

i only want 1 input, and ISF night. thats all. please give me a better price. thanks.

For a quote, either send me a PM or email me at: dan@avcolorsolutions.com
post #3423 of 3440 Old 06-29-2015, 06:13 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapsilog View Post

I will be in your area in September. Please go to my website for more information www.accucalhd.com. You can also contact me from there. I highly recommend my audio service if you have a surround system. You should read my client reviews www.accucalhd.com/reviews. Assuming you will get similar results from everyone is a mistake as well.
post #3424 of 3440 Old 07-04-2015, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Need a calibration in Nova Scotia, canada

Hey folks,

Does anyone know anyone who can do an ISF quality calibration in Nova Scotia Canada. I have a JVC x500 now and a buddy of mine may want his Epson 10000 done in the fall timeframe. Thanks
post #3425 of 3440 Old 07-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Thanks! ISF Experts
post #3426 of 3440 Old 07-05-2015, 05:07 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Hey folks,

Does anyone know anyone who can do an ISF quality calibration in Nova Scotia Canada. I have a JVC x500 now and a buddy of mine may want his Epson 10000 done in the fall timeframe. Thanks
Many people ship me their projectors to calibrate.
post #3427 of 3440 Old 07-05-2015, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post
Many people ship me their projectors to calibrate.

thanks, probably not cost effective, minimum $200 to ship from Canada one way...
post #3428 of 3440 Old 07-05-2015, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Understood, too bad because today's fixed pixel displays don't need to be set up critically on their image structure, like in the old days of CRT. Having Jeff do it and send it back to you takes care of it, unless your screen produces a different color tonality than his. You may have to send him your screen also, then it's taken care of.

It's really hard for an American calibrator to go up to Canada and do calibration work there. Your border patrol is a lot more stringent than ours is. If they find we are going up there for calibration work, they get stopped dead at the border, as it would be taking money out of the pockets of Canadians.

Guess how I found all that out?...

b

PS - Try Michael Chen, I believe he's in Calgary. He's one of the founders of the THX calibration.
WERA689 likes this.

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

post #3429 of 3440 Old 07-07-2015, 12:46 PM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post
..Having Jeff do it and send it back to you takes care of it, unless your screen produces a different color tonality than his. You may have to send him your screen also, then it's taken care of.....

I have screen material samples for a variety of screens and can obtain more if needed. My client satisfaction with this has been 100%.
post #3430 of 3440 Old 07-08-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Jeff will get it done.

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #3431 of 3440 Old 07-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Hi Asharma - PM sent
post #3432 of 3440 Old 07-16-2015, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Looking for calibration for my LG 55EC9300 OLED

Also calibration for my Korean monitor(not home atm, dont have name or model)

Chicago,IL(Darien,IL)
post #3433 of 3440 Old 07-17-2015, 08:10 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw0rdm3n View Post
Looking for calibration for my LG 55EC9300 OLED

Also calibration for my Korean monitor(not home atm, dont have name or model)

Chicago,IL(Darien,IL)

I will be in your area in September. I also offer audio calibration services to improve the whole home theater experience. Please go to my website at www.accucalhd.com for more information about me. You can also contact me from there.
post #3434 of 3440 Old 07-22-2015, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hello Florida residents,

I am scheduling a trip from St. Petersburg to Jacksonville in the near future and am looking to fill 1 appointment for video calibration. Dates are flexible, so if you are in Orlando, Gainesville, Ocala, St Augustine, etc let me know and I will get you scheduled.

Thanks!

ISF certified in 2008
ISF Level II certified in 2010
ISF instructor certified in 2012
ISFJasonD65@gmail.com
Serving Florida
post #3435 of 3440 Old 07-22-2015, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hello Florida residents,

I am scheduling a trip from St. Petersburg to Jacksonville in the near future and am looking to fill 1 appointment for video calibration. Dates are flexible, so if you are in Orlando, Gainesville, Ocala, St Augustine, etc let me know and I will get you scheduled.

Thanks!

ISF certified in 2008
ISF Level II certified in 2010
ISF instructor certified in 2012
ISFJasonD65@gmail.com
Serving Florida
post #3436 of 3440 Old 07-26-2015, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I am going to be in Vegas August 23, at this point leaving again late the 25th. I would be glad to do a calibration or 2 while there and am free to extend my visit if needed.

I specialize in CRT technology - direct view, front projection and rear projection (self-contained CRT RPTV) - and also calibrate flat panels and other projection modalities like DLP (single and triple chip), LCOS, SXRD, D-ILA and Light Valve.

Double stacked CRT projectors are very powerful and deliver some of the finest contrast ratios available, far surpassing the contrast ratios of most of today's backlit and lamp driven devices. See the Screenshot War!!!!!!!! thread for examples.

Screenshot War!!!!!!!!

Only OLED surpasses CRT in contrast ratio, but to date OLED is still in its infancy for production models and AFAIK is limited to flat panels and head visors. Nothing I know of surpasses a CRT double stack in projected contrast ratio. Except of course a CRT triple stack (which yes, has been done!).

Multi-CRT projection (Barco) is used in the Portland OR Planetarium at OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). Nothing beats it for showing stars and constellations against crystal clear black night sky. This translates to completely/faithfully captured shadow detail and spaciousness, in home theaters.

I want to see CRT continue to remain in service for what it can do and kept alive indefinitely, rather than simply replaced as a matter of course by profit motivated integrators who want to come in and say "Out with the old and in with the new" and sell their owners all new equipment. CRT tech is like tube audio - it is deep and pure and lasting forever. It shows no signs of letting up on that longevity. And its HD has depth and palpability that many of the fixed pixel devices out there today can only dream of.

My job is to bring out the best in your modality, whichever one it is. Including fine tuning your audio system to silky smooth performance. Audio is half the battle in home theater and should not be left to chance.

Mr Bob
ISF Level II Certified

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

Last edited by Mr Bob; 07-28-2015 at 08:03 AM.
post #3437 of 3440 Old 07-27-2015, 08:52 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

I will be traveling east in September to Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Please contact me at www.accucalhd.com if you want to use my high quality audio or video services. Many client reviews can be found here http://www.accucalhd.com/reviews/.

My equipment is very high quality and includes customizations only available from me. I am a degreed engineer with a lot of experience with video and audio. My clients include consumers, home theater installers, film professionals, music professionals and commercial applications. Some of my clients are members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Emmy award winners and others have been involved in Grammy award winning performances.

Last edited by umr; 07-27-2015 at 08:56 AM.
post #3438 of 3440 Old 07-28-2015, 02:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post
I will be traveling east in September to Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Please contact me at www.accucalhd.com if you want to use my high quality audio or video services. Many client reviews can be found here http://www.accucalhd.com/reviews/.

My equipment is very high quality and includes customizations only available from me. I am a degreed engineer with a lot of experience with video and audio. My clients include consumers, home theater installers, film professionals, music professionals and commercial applications. Some of my clients are members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Emmy award winners and others have been involved in Grammy award winning performances.
Jeff Meier has been calibrating my home theaters every time I get new equipment for the past 5 years or so, and I unreservedly give him the highest possible recommendation. Both my audio and video quality are dramatically improved after he has completed his calibrations. You will not be disappointed after he is done. Do not hesitate to contact him if your system needs calibrating.

Cal68

Cal68
post #3439 of 3440 Old 07-28-2015, 05:30 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post
Jeff Meier has been calibrating my home theaters every time I get new equipment for the past 5 years or so, and I unreservedly give him the highest possible recommendation. Both my audio and video quality are dramatically improved after he has completed his calibrations. You will not be disappointed after he is done. Do not hesitate to contact him if your system needs calibrating.

Cal68

Thanks for such kind words.
post #3440 of 3440 Old Today, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Had Jeff out to my new home in April to calibrate the family room with a 5.1 setup and was amazed with his work. The basement theater is ahead of schedule and I have him set up to come take care of my 7.2 system in the theater. Besides great calibration I used his consulting services and he helped save me a good deal of money with equipment. He is a class act and both my wife and I enjoyed his company. Looking forward to seeing you in September when you come back to Illinois!

Matt S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration