ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here! - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #451 of 3214 Old 08-02-2007, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a Samsung FP-T6374 63" plasma and I am looking for someone in the Chicagoland area for a calibration in about a month or so....once It has the 100 hours on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3214 Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody in the Windsor Ont. area to calibrate a Samsung 710AE ?

KJ
post #453 of 3214 Old 08-12-2007, 07:39 PM

Hello all. I am Andy Lorenz of Totally Tweeked. I am an ISF Certified Calibrator and an HAA Certified Calibrator serving Charlotte North Carolina and the surrounding areas.

I have been calibrating in the Charlotte area for 1 year and prior to that I did calibrations in Chicago area for 3 years.

My equipment is as follows:

Sencore CP5000 Color Pro Color Analyzer
Sencore VP401 Video Pro Multimedia Video Generator
Sencore SLP295 Sound Meter with Multiplexer

You can contact me at (704) 465-8824 for more information.

Andy Lorenz
Lynchburg, VA

"Anybody that cares about cinema or music or any of these kinds of art forms becomes concerned about the quality of the presentation."

---George Lucas
post #454 of 3214 Old 08-12-2007, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone can calibrate a KD-34XBR970? I am looking for a expert that is good on CRT that
can fix geometry and whatever the calibrator do (color, purity, convergence, etc.). If so, what
is the estimate to do it? I am located in Schaumburg, IL 30 minutes away from Chicago.

There is always someone out there that gives you opinion of a product that they don't even own.
post #455 of 3214 Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.no.other. View Post

Anyone can calibrate a KD-34XBR970? I am looking for a expert that is good on CRT that
can fix geometry and whatever the calibrator do (color, purity, convergence, etc.). If so, what
is the estimate to do it? I am located in Schaumburg, IL 30 minutes away from Chicago.

CRT HDready DVs have registers in there that help with the centering of the images and all sorts of things out at the edges, to make the picture super sharp all the way out. But their abbreviations bear no earthly resemblance to reality, except for when they say R and L for right and left, and U and D for up and down.

This is in addition to all the regular things you can do with grayscale and color rendition on Sonys, which are quite superb.

I did one of the Sony 34" DVs for Bill Joy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, at his SF home (he has others...). It was during an installation of an awesome Red Rose Music sound system, in fact they were the ones who hired me. (Can you say Mark Levinson?...)

Would be glad to trick yours out for you. I am currently organizing a Chicago tour. Contact me.

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

post #456 of 3214 Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

any ISF certified pro calibraters in the Philadelphia area. I dont want to pay for so much travel so the closer the better. Central PA might work but even state college is at least 3 hours from me and other parts of central pa could be further as philly is in the south eastern part of pa closer to jersey.

NYC and Baltimore would be closer cities then any part of Central PA and anywhere in Jersey wouldnt be bad.

i've been quoted on travel cost from NY would be so as long as its not more then that I'd maybe request you Dave from Central PA

who are the best calibraters for Samsung dlp particularly the new HLT's and the 6756 in particular.
post #457 of 3214 Old 08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post

any ISF certified pro calibraters in the Philadelphia area. I dont want to pay for so much travel so the closer the better. Central PA might work but even state college is at least 3 hours from me and other parts of central pa could be further as philly is in the south eastern part of pa closer to jersey.

NYC and Baltimore would be closer cities then any part of Central PA and anywhere in Jersey wouldnt be bad.

i've been quoted on travel cost from NY would be so as long as its not more then that I'd maybe request you Dave from Central PA

who are the best calibraters for Samsung dlp particularly the new HLT's and the 6756 in particular.

If this is you Joe W. that sent me an email also, I got it and I'm replying to it after this

Sorry, been out of touch for a few days.

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Harper Home Theater Systems
ISF Calibrations, Consultations
Sales & Installations
post #458 of 3214 Old 08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Austin, TX. - I too need an ISF calibration done on my Sony Peal. I've contacted everyone locally on the IS list and they either are tied up for months, only do calibrations on equipment they sell, didn't answer or respond, or the company is temporarily without a certified ISF calibration tech. Anyway, please contact me if you come to this area, or will be in this area any time soon. Thanks, AustinHorn
post #459 of 3214 Old 08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I will be in the Chicago area on Tuesday the 28th, for 2 jobs at this point - one a repair and one a cal - with one more still being decided upon. This leaves lots of time for other calibrations, repairs or optics cleaning gigs, before I would need to return. I plan to stay at least 2 days after the jobs are complete, just playing tourist.

One advantage to getting in on this tour is that the owner flying me out is using his sky miles, and only asks that the other participants pony up for their own shares of my travel expenses outside of the master plane flight between Oakland and Chicago, which he is taking care of totally. IOW, he's taken care of the plane flight both ways; anyone else participating does not have to worry about being part of that expense.

Contact me if you want in. There's still a week before the outbound flight.

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #460 of 3214 Old 08-25-2007, 02:07 PM

Company: Defined Images

Name: Eric Pfoutz

Phone: 310.372.2558

Email: eric@definedimages.net

Serving Southern California

I have been a full time Professional ISF Calibrator since Sept. 1999.

My clients include: Quentin Tarantino, Wolfgang Peterson, Brett Ratner, Bryan Singer, Danny Elfman, JPL NASA, SCEA (Sony Playstation), Movie Trailer Co., DVD QC Co., Animation Studio.

Full Time Professional ISF Calibrationist Servicing all of SoCal
post #461 of 3214 Old 08-26-2007, 11:28 AM

Looking to get my set calibrated.
Model: 720p Sony 50e2000
post #462 of 3214 Old 08-27-2007, 09:37 AM

Can anyone calibrate my set.please let me know.Location:Lewiville,TX

TV:Samsung LNT5281f lcd with LED local dimming
Audio Receiver: Onkyotx-sr 705.Hooked up.>Need audio calibration
post #463 of 3214 Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 AM

getting my 50e2000 calibrated by Eliab Alvarez de la Campa (avical) this wednesday
post #464 of 3214 Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM

I have a bestbuy ISF certified tech come home and do calibration for a Samsung 5281f in oct 1st week.I have a question with that.In future if there any firmware upgrades or some board swaps from samsung like 65 series sets, will the calibartion settings be still good or will they all reset back to factory defaults.Can anyone please let me know? I don't want to spend 325$ and then with a new firmware update everything gets lost.
post #465 of 3214 Old 08-31-2007, 03:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It's very possible that a firmware upgrade/update, could return something to it's default settings or still even have a effect on a calibration if it did not. Because even if it did not, it would still depend on what the changes/corrections are that the firmware upgrade/update was designed to do. As for a board replacement, if it has even anything to do with the video, it would in most cases have some sort of a effect on a calibration.
post #466 of 3214 Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post

Steve Martin - Smart Calibration, LLC
I've been an ISF Calibrator since 2001.
http://www.smartcalibration.com/

Mostly serving the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex with occasional trips to surrounding areas.

Anyone know if Steve still does Calibrations in the Dallas area? I have a 4-yr old RPTV (Mitsu WS-55411) that is still in need of a calibration. Or does anyone know another ISF calibrator that works in Dallas? Thanks.
post #467 of 3214 Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ruhnie,

Yes, Steve still provides ISF calibrations in the Dallas area. I exchanged eMails with him earlier in the week. PM me if you need contact details.

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #468 of 3214 Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Son

Anyone in the Green Bay, Wisconsin area? I would like to have my Benq W10000 tuned up....

Thanks
post #469 of 3214 Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Does anyone offer services in the El Paso, TX/Las Cruces, NM area?

Lost Causes, NM - HD King
post #470 of 3214 Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I need one as well in Allentown, PA. Which is also considered NE PA.(maybe same trip as garyc8710)
Samsung HL-S5087W, would not be opposed to audio calibration as well with Yamaha and Energy speaker set-up.
post #471 of 3214 Old 09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I replied to you guys' messages via PM. Let me know if you got them.

E-A-G-L-E-S.............I LOVE that user name. Why didn't I think of that Of course after last weekend I'm not so sure I'd be proud of that one You should see if there's a way to make the letters green

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Sales & Installations
post #472 of 3214 Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Dave, I got it and I am responding now. Thanks for the super quick response.
Please don't even get me started on my Birds or I'll end up banned for going nuts!
That green letter idea is great, gotta look into that.
post #473 of 3214 Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I hired Chris Eberle to calibrate my new Panny Plasma after getting his name from this site. I new I wanted a certified and active ISF tech, and Chris was willing to come to my area. His prices were reasonable and he sounded competent and qualified. I also checked out his website and he had some great blog entries.

He was on time, professional, and took great care as he thouroughly calibrated my display. He calibrated two HDMI inputs seperately, on econnected to a PS3 with Blu ray playback my main concern, and the other to an HD cable box.

The results were spot on and just what I had hoped for. I notice improved shadow detail while still at the same black level as before. This is a big one for me, as I feel that dark blacks and detail really help produce a full 3-Dish image. He also got the color more lifelike and realistic. So now instead of oversaturated colors I have accurat ecolor which preserves the details in the image.

Now I can rest easy and stop tweaking the damn settings. Not only do I know that Chris dialed in my set for Blu Ray playback, but I see it! I simply never touch the settings while watching Blu ray's.

I can definatley reccomend Chris and his service. If you want to quit fiddling with your set, and start enjoying it more, get a proffessional calibration and be done with it.

Here is his info if interested.

Chris Eberle

Precision Video

(914)850-0291

ceberle@hvc.rr.com

Sincerely,

Aaron Thomson
post #474 of 3214 Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

FYI,

I'm going to be unavailable for the next three months or so. In my absence I HIGHLY recommend the following calibrators in the NE region:

Gregg Loewen at Lion A/V www.lionav.com
Kevin Miller at ISF-TV www.isftv.com

If anyone knows of others in the PA/NY/NJ/MD area please recommend them also. The above mentioned Chris Eberle sounds good also, but I can't say as I've ever seen his work or met him but I'm sure he's more than qualified to do a GREAT job.

Thanks and catch you back around x-mas

BTW, I have a Progressive Labs CA-6X Colorimeter for sale if anyone's interested. It's a great unit and affordable for beginning ISFers looking for calibration gear to get started. PM me for info and pricing. Here's a link:

http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...isc&1194878911

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Sales & Installations
post #475 of 3214 Old 09-13-2007, 12:10 PM

anyone in Canada - Ottawa, Ontario, area that calibrates?
post #476 of 3214 Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 PM

Anyone in the Toronto / Mississauga area that calibrates LCD Tv's?

I have a Samsung LN T3253H that I need calibrated.
post #477 of 3214 Old 09-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Panasonic 58PZ750U, ready for calibration.

I have been unable to contact my local ISF listed person (no replies to email and phone unanswered - I hope nothing has happened), and two others listed in nearby San Jose on the ISF page no longer do this work even though the ISF page lists them.

Editorial comment - the listings on the ISF site are thus useless in my limited experience due to being out of date for three out of three I attempted to reach. I hope this forum can be of assistance.

thanks.

regards,

patrick
post #478 of 3214 Old 09-15-2007, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickthickey View Post

Editorial comment - the listings on the ISF site are thus useless in my limited experience due to being out of date for three out of three I attempted to reach. I hope this forum can be of assistance.

thanks.

regards,

patrick

Patrick, the deal with the Imaging Sciences Foundation calibrator directory is it basically includes everyone over the past decade or so who has taken ISF training and purchased calibration equipment. Like any industry, there is turnover and this is not reflected in the ISF listings. In addition, many of the companies listed at the ISF site are dealers who ONLY offer calibration on the equipment they sell.

As a result of all that, the ISF web site calibrator listings tend to be hit and miss for a consumer looking to hire an independent calibrator. Make no mistake, most active, working calibrators can be found at the ISF site, it just requires a fair bit of effort to work through the list.

Hopefully that will be changing soon. I own an ISF-affiliated site -- the ISF Forum -- and I'm currently redeveloping the site, with one of the primary goals to make it THE "go to" source for locating active, experienced and available calibrators.

http://www.isfforum.com/Find-a-Calib...ed-States.html

The requirement for a calibrator to be listed at the ISF Forum is membership at the private ISF Forum Library, which I also own and which is only open to ISF graduates who have registered equipment with the ISF head office. Because ISF Forum Library membership requires an annual subscription, if someone fails to maintain their Forum Library subscription (often a good indicator that they have exited the business), they will be removed from the ISF Forum listings.

So while the ISF Forum listings will never be as lengthy as the ISF site, they should be more useful to consumers.

The ISF Forum is currently in that twilight area between beta testing and official public release, so the listings are not yet complete and will certainly grow over next few months, both for the US and international markets. Currently there are about two dozen US-based calibrators listed, but because this includes many touring calibrators, we already have every US state covered (though probably not yet all areas of all states).

I hope the ISF Forum Business Directory will help you locate a calibrator in your area more quickly. Good luck.

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #479 of 3214 Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickthickey View Post

Panasonic 58PZ750U, ready for calibration.

I have been unable to contact my local ISF listed person (no replies to email and phone unanswered - I hope nothing has happened), and two others listed in nearby San Jose on the ISF page no longer do this work even though the ISF page lists them.

thanks.

regards,

patrick

I am actually in Santa Cruz today, but have only the day for a personal visit here and need to be back home to East Bay tomorrow, then off to Disneyland and a cal in LA for the rest of the week.

If your cal needs were short - like you had a CRT based RPTV and needed optics cleaning, or a convergence trimup - I could conceivably jam it in while I am here today. If you put your phone number on my answering machine at my home location, I could call you back on my cell while I am here today. Unfortunately I did not bring along my Panny service remote, for doing Panny plasmas, tho I happen to have the rest of my calibration gear along with me, from a cal I did while on the road Friday.

This upcoming week is totally jammed up. I am available after that. Let me know if I can help -

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #480 of 3214 Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 AM

I would like to have my Pio 6010 plasma calibrated....I am in between Miami and Ft.Lauderdale.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page