Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 3169 Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
Looking for a someone to calibrate an older Sharp xv z12000 dlp front projector mated with a Panny bd30 blu ray player. I am in central New Jersey. Wondering if I can afford. Please PM me.

"It's time to nut up or shut up."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3169 Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

borat & den,

Here's a good starting point for your search for calibration in New Jersey:

http://www.isfforum.com/sobi2/ISF-Fo...ew-Jersey.html

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #633 of 3169 Old 03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Borat and Den,

I'm a touring calibrator and will be in your area soon. My references can be found here, in the archives, or googled. Prices are very reasonable.

Regards,
Chad Billheimer
post #634 of 3169 Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leonard Caillouet, Gainesville, FL, provides Home Theater System Optimization & Consumer Electronics Repairs in North Central Florida and along the Gulf Coast from FL to LA. Email lcaillo@devoynet.com , 352-219-6216, lcaillo on many forums.

Home Theater design, installation, calibration, and repair since 1979. BS & MS degrees, ISF certification. Hundreds of hours of manufacturer service training. Extensive service and calibration experience on most brands and all technologies.

Gretag Macbeth spectrophotometer, Accupel signal generator, DVD, HD DVD, Blu Ray, and computer generated test patterns, Sencore, B&K ,Tek, Fluke, Atlas, DSE, Behreinger, Galaxy, &, other test equipment.

Accucal, CalMAN Pro, WinsTips, AutoMan, Force32, Room EQ Wizard, True RTA (1/24 octave), and other software. TechAssist/Circuitwork, TechData, wa6ati, ISF, and other technical information resources, access to mftr. service web sites.

Service Manager for Electronics World, 1261 NW 76th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32606. Phone 352-332-5608 Fax 352-332-5668 Formerly with Art Colley’s Audio Specialties & Video Home Theater, Baton Rouge, LA (1979-1992)

I have had the good fortune to be associated with and learn from pioneers in the fields of consumer electronics and HDTV. Let me share that experience with you and help you to get the most from your electronic systems.

I have the experience, knowledge, and resources to not only calibrate your system, but provide more complete services. With the staff at Electronics World, any level of calibration, service, sales, design, or installation is available.

Serving you, the client and best meeting your needs is what I have been doing for decades. Don’t hesitate to call or email with questions. Be well. Be in touch.

ISF entry: http://www.imagingscience.com/isf_re...dlr_status=CAL

Yes, calibration is important...every user should be calibrated.

Need electronics repair? A great place to start looking for a shop in your area: http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
post #635 of 3169 Old 03-23-2008, 02:46 AM

Looking to calibrate a Pioneer Elite PRO-150FD 60" in Atlanta, GA. I was sorry to read about Randy Tomlinson. If there is anyone in the area qualified for this set me contact me at your convenience. ~darren 404 863-9444 (darren.kohn@mac.com)
post #636 of 3169 Old 03-23-2008, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Talk with Richard at Mastertech. If he is not skilled on the Elite I am sure he can recommend someone.

Need electronics repair? A great place to start looking for a shop in your area: http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
post #637 of 3169 Old 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM

Hey guys I just had my Pio 6010 calibrated today by Gregg Loewen of Lion Audio Video Consultants.Just wanted to recommend him highly.He is very friendly and explains everything he is doing step by step and answered all my questions to my satisfaction.My Pio looks insane.....Thanks Gregg
post #638 of 3169 Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

That is the way it should go. I am a strong believer in educating the client as part of the process. You should feel comfortable with everything that was done and at least have a general understanding of why, if you have the interest. Some clients do not, but those that do should get as much info as they can understand.

post #639 of 3169 Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 AM

Hi All,

I saw one of you guys looking for a calibrator in the Brooklyn area for a Pioneer Pro-150HD, and someone else looking for a Sony SXRD in Norhern NJ. You might try looking at www.tweaktv.com They have some calibrators with serious credentials. Not sure if they have anyone in the New Yrok New Jersey area or not.
post #640 of 3169 Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryZ06 View Post

Hey guys I just had my Pio 6010 calibrated today by Gregg Loewen of Lion Audio Video Consultants.

I've included your post in the owner's list of professional calibrations of flat panels that is linked at the bottom of my post.

I can't read all the threads where owner's may report on having their displays calibrated. If you know of any that include the calibrator's name that I've missed, please send me a link to it, and I'll see that it's included.

Thanks GaryZ.
post #641 of 3169 Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Im looking into getting my hl-s5087 calibtrated. if there is anyone in the baltimore/wash area that can recommend a person please let me know. thanks
post #642 of 3169 Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDUB View Post

Im looking into getting my hl-s5087 calibtrated. if there is anyone in the baltimore/wash area that can recommend a person please let me know. thanks

Eliab probably does tours in your area on a regular basis.

http://www.avical.com/

You can read reviews of his work with Samsung RPTV sets using the "All other displays" link at the bottom of my post.
post #643 of 3169 Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LowDUB,

Here's some additional contacts that might be useful if Eliab's tour schedule doesn't get to you soon enough, or if you want to spread the candidate net wider.

http://www.isfforum.com/sobi2/ISF-Fo.../Maryland.html

Good luck with your search.

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #644 of 3169 Old 03-29-2008, 06:31 AM

I have heard good thing about avical but they are not coming to my area untill atleast sept but I appreciate the help guys
post #645 of 3169 Old 03-29-2008, 09:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I have heard good thing about avical but they are not coming to my area untill atleast sept but I appreciate the help guys

You can also check out the people at:

Lion AV Consultants

Eliab has a lot of experience with your set, even waiting will work.
post #646 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 06:30 AM

Hi all, looking to get my Kuro Elite Pro-110FD calibrated soon, just passing the 100-120hr breakin time frame, so want to start checking my options. Suggestions/recommendations very welcome. Preferably someone with ample experience with the Elites.

Thanks so much! Send me pm please...

-Steve
Stamford, CT
post #647 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 AM

Liked: 11
Do you make it up to the Detroit Mi area, or can you (or anyone) recommend a calibrator in the Detroit area??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

Borat and Den,

I'm a touring calibrator and will be in your area soon. My references can be found here, in the archives, or googled. Prices are very reasonable.

Regards,
Chad Billheimer

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if everything is." Einstein

Now Format Neutral

post #648 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzz View Post

Do you make it up to the Detroit Mi area, or can you (or anyone) recommend a calibrator in the Detroit area??

Yes, I go there quite often! I will be headed to New York City and PA soon, and then I will be getting back to Detroit sometime in the following weeks.
post #649 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 09:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48 View Post

Hi all, looking to get my Kuro Elite Pro-110FD calibrated soon, just passing the 100-120hr breakin time frame, so want to start checking my options. Suggestions/recommendations very welcome. Preferably someone with ample experience with the Elites.

-Steve
Stamford, CT

Eliab probably does tours in your area on a regular basis.

Eliab at Avical

You can also check out the people at:

Lion AV Consultants

You can read owner posted reviews of their work using the links at the bottom of my post.
post #650 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 10:17 AM

Thanks htwaits, I'm going to check out thier websites now. I appreciate the help. Cheers!
post #651 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48 View Post

Thanks htwaits, I'm going to check out thier websites now. I appreciate the help. Cheers!

You're welcome. While you're at it, check out this one too. UMR has many Kuro plasma reviews posted by owners and he is active in the Kuro threads.

AccuCal

Enjoy the hunt.
post #652 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM

Looking for a person in Charlotte ,N.C.to calibrate my Samsung
post #653 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcq71 View Post

Looking for a person in Charlotte ,N.C.to calibrate my Samsung

Eliab probably does tours to your area. You can contact him using the link two posts up.

The other two that I posted probably do tours to your area too. Just check their web sites.

You can also read owner reports using the two links at the bottom of my post.
post #654 of 3169 Old 03-31-2008, 05:14 PM

Thanks a lot
post #655 of 3169 Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
AccuCal™ - Calibration Services And Software

My name is Jeff Meier and I offer ISF video and THX audio calibration services for all types of displays out of St. Louis Missouri. Tours are frequently scheduled around the state and nationally. I believe that the home theater experience is both audio and video. I offer exceptional quality in both areas that support that belief.

My color measurement instrument is the most accurate and sensitive sepectroradiometer from the leading color measurement company Photo Research. This devices guarantees that you will receive the best color calibration that one can have. When used to setup a high quality display the results are nothing short of astounding. Various other test equipment and reference material are used to optimize your display performance so you receive the image quality you paid for.

My audio capabilities go far beyond simple setup and extend into optimizing your audio within your acoustic environment. My audio test method is automated similar to auto EQ which allows me to price this service at an exceptional value while obtaining results that exceed those available from built-in automatic equalization. This automated approach also allows you to purchase this service at a phenomenal price point.

I also offer software to support a GretagMacbeth EyeOne Pro for color measurement for the professional and DIY community. My website is www.accucalhd.com, and I can be contacted at jeff@accucalhd.com or 832-659-1823.

Current Major Cities Served: Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore. Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, D.C., Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Memphis, Mobile, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Saint Louis, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Tulsa

Current States Served: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin

Current Traveling Schedule: www.accucalhd.com/tours.htm

Video Calibration Equipment: Photo Research PR-670 spectroradiometer, AccuCal™ Software with a GretagMacbeth spectroradiometer, AEMC CA813 light meter, AccuPel HDG-4000 Test Pattern Generator, Sencore VP403C Generator, Philips PM5936/10 front projector CRT color analyzer, Philips PM5936/00 CRT color analyzer and a Sony PVM-96 D65 reference display.

Video Test Software: HD-DVD movies, Blu-Ray Movies, Digital Video Essentials 720p & 1080i D-VHS test tapes, AviaPro DVD test discs, THX Demo and Setup Laserdisc, Video Essentials System Setup Laserdisc and numerous other test DVDs.

Audio Calibration Equipment: Sencore SP495 Audio Analyzer.Earthworks M30 Measurement Microphone, ACO Pacific MK224PH Type 1 Measurement Microphone, TrueRTA™ Real Time Analyzer, Direct Sound Measurement, Waterfall Charts, Room Optimizer and Room Sizer Design Software.

Audio Test Software: Gold Line's "The 5.1 Audio Toolkit", Ovation's "Avia Guide To Home Theater"

Certifications: Imaging Science Foundation. THX Certified Home Theater Technician Level II. Education: B.S. Engineering.

post #656 of 3169 Old 04-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Professional ISF trained calibrator located in Annapolis, MD.

Equipment: Sencore CP-6000 and VP401

Location: Maryland - Annapolis, Severna Park, Crofton, Pasadena, Edgewater, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Glen Burnie, and surrounding areas.

Note: Evening appts only.

Contact me via email for more information.

post #657 of 3169 Old 04-07-2008, 05:53 AM

anyone in the nashville,tennessee area?looking to get calibration done on my sony 3lcd 1080p tv
post #658 of 3169 Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdaholic View Post

anyone in the nashville,tennessee area?looking to get calibration done on my sony 3lcd 1080p tv

I will be in your area in May.
post #659 of 3169 Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM

Liked: 11
Is there anyone out there who calibrates Syntax Olevia HDTV's?

Mine is a cheap-o Olevia 232v that I only paid around $700 for about a year ago.

I love this TV and I think it has potential. Is it wasteful to get a $300 calibration on a $700 set?

I don't have all sorts of money like a lot of people so I can't go and just get a better TV.

I have used AVIA to calibrate so far and the difference is amazing, I just want that last 10% to make it perfom its best.

I live in northern PA in a town called Coudersport and I also understand my TV isn't a popular canidate for calibration. I do know how to get to the service menu for R,G,B cuts and gains.

I feel the only thing left for this TV is a proper grayscale calibration.

Sorry for the long write and thanks in advance

-Brian

sspears:
(Rules? Rules? In Television???? ÂThow shalt not oversaturateth red. ÂRGB shall be thy rod and thy staff; there shall be no other color space before thee.Â)
post #660 of 3169 Old 04-07-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post

I will be in your area in May.

umr what are your rates and your experiance?
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page