Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 3170 Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordcorners View Post
Just outside Raleigh NC looking to calibrate a Panasonic tc-p58vt25. Also need advise on blur I'm experiencing from set. Thank you in advance.
PM sent.

Andy Lorenz
Lynchburg, VA

"Anybody that cares about cinema or music or any of these kinds of art forms becomes concerned about the quality of the presentation."

---George Lucas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 3170 Old 02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordcorners View Post
Just outside Raleigh NC looking to calibrate a Panasonic tc-p58vt25. Also need advise on blur I'm experiencing from set. Thank you in advance.
Greetings,

Check this LIST

Also, D-Nice is near you and I believe he handles that as a local area. Doug Weil tours there. Their contact info is available via that link.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #1893 of 3170 Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 PM

In Murfreesboro TN looking to have a Mitsu WD-73738 calibrated Please email or PM

keltymd@yahoo.com
post #1894 of 3170 Old 02-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Would like a calibration in Corpus Christi Texas.. any takers?
post #1895 of 3170 Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outie View Post

Would like a calibration in Corpus Christi Texas.. any takers?

I get to Texas every 3 months. I was last there in January, and expect to be back there in mid-April. I've sent you a PM with additional details.

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #1896 of 3170 Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstang View Post

In Murfreesboro TN looking to have a Mitsu WD-73738 calibrated Please email or PM

keltymd@yahoo.com

I expect to be in your area in March. I've sent you an eMail with additional details and contact info.

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #1897 of 3170 Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 AM

In Rio Rancho, NM 87144. Have a Panasonic G25 plasma interested in getting calibrated. Please send message with schedule, cost to have THX and Custom calibrated. Please provide certifications, process you go through to calibrate a panel and exactly what is included.

From what I've read on calibration I need to list the specifics: Looking for calibration of HD, SD. THX for darkened room viewing and Custom for lightened room. Looking for starting point print out and after calibration print out. Adjustments to include adjusting the service menu adjustments. In other words, what I read on here as a proper job, lol.

Thanks
post #1898 of 3170 Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy1 View Post

In Rio Rancho, NM 87144. Have a Panasonic G25 plasma interested in getting calibrated. Please send message with schedule, cost to have THX and Custom calibrated. Please provide certifications, process you go through to calibrate a panel and exactly what is included.

From what I've read on calibration I need to list the specifics: Looking for calibration of HD, SD. THX for darkened room viewing and Custom for lightened room. Looking for starting point print out and after calibration print out. Adjustments to include adjusting the service menu adjustments. In other words, what I read on here as a proper job, lol.

Thanks

It helps to also know your location.

Shawn Byrne
Erskine Group
HAA Design Certified -THX Certified Professional

Design-Video & Audio Calibration Information

The original Pro Theater Layout
post #1899 of 3170 Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
Quote:

Rio Rancho, NM 87144

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMikeBravo View Post

It helps to also know your location.

I think this is pretty specific.

Lovejoy..take a look at this for THX Calibrators...may be of help.

Later
Ray
post #1900 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the post.

Yes in Rio Rancho, NM 87144 USA.

Thanks for the link. No one listed in NM, but I guess maybe might get lucky with someone who tours from AZ, UT, CO, KS etc.

Wonder if this board has a State type post looking for calibration? Will have to look. If not would be nice to have. People from each state could put in their needs and with enough grouped together maybe get someone to tour to do them. Bonus for the calibrator to have a set group of jobs in a specific area run and bonus for the customers as they get correct calibration and perhaps a bit of a group rate.

Thanks for the posts.
post #1901 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:

Thanks for the post.

Yes in Rio Rancho, NM 87144 USA.

Thanks for the link. No one listed in NM, but I guess maybe might get lucky with someone who tours from AZ, UT, CO, KS etc.

Contact Lee Gallagher in AZ. He's been to Albuquerque before and I plan to have him do a re-visit here when opportunity presents. You'll benefit from finding one or 2 more people to make the trip worthwhile for Lee. He would prefer 4 jobs.

http://www.advancedaudiovisual.tv/
post #1902 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 03:12 PM

Hi, Thanks for posting.

I'd not contacted him, but had contacted Dnice a pretty good while ago, who would be glad to do it if I could get 5 or 6 (don't remember the exact number) others in the immediate area to go in with calibrations to make the trip cost effective.

Sadly, not from here originally and not in a position to get other potential people for the calibration. That was my thoughts on the board having a spot where people could group. I guess this is it maybe, lol.

Been getting advise on getting an Eye one and doing various calibrations with discs so may end up going that route. Not had any replies from service offerers (is that even a word and if so sp?). I might have scared them away with the specifics in my post.

Thanks for taking the time to post and the tip.
post #1903 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
post #1904 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr View Post

I think this is pretty specific.

Lovejoy..take a look at this for THX Calibrators...may be of help.

Later
Ray

Hmmmm...you might be onto something there Ray.

Shawn Byrne
Erskine Group

post #1905 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Hi, Thanks for posting.

I'd not contacted him, but had contacted Dnice a pretty good while ago, who would be glad to do it if I could get 5 or 6 (don't remember the exact number) others in the immediate area to go in with calibrations to make the trip cost effective.

Sadly, not from here originally and not in a position to get other potential people for the calibration. That was my thoughts on the board having a spot where people could group. I guess this is it maybe, lol.

Been getting advise on getting an Eye one and doing various calibrations with discs so may end up going that route. Not had any replies from service offerers (is that even a word and if so sp?). I might have scared them away with the specifics in my post.

No, I don't think you scared anyone away, just seems tough to get calibrators down to New Mexico with any regularity. If you are willing to consider paying a calibrator for a special trip, I am sure you'll finb a few takers. Good luck to you!!

Shawn Byrne
Erskine Group

post #1906 of 3170 Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 PM

I'm 45 minutes north of The Twin Cities Metro area in MN and I'm looking for an ISF certified professional for my Panasonic 54vt25. Thanks in advance for the help.
post #1907 of 3170 Old 02-12-2011, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkingfan View Post

I'm 45 minutes north of The Twin Cities Metro area in MN and I'm looking for an ISF certified professional for my Panasonic 54vt25. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi, check this LIST for Calibrators.

I believe Doug Weil, Chad Billheimer and Jeff Meier tour your location.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

ControlCAL™

post #1908 of 3170 Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi, Thanks for posting.

I can look into scheduling a trip sometime in March or April. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss specifics.

Lee Gallagher
Imaging Science Professional
THX Certified Professional

Advanced Audio Visual
www.advancedaudiovisual.tv
post #1909 of 3170 Old 02-12-2011, 05:22 PM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post

This is typical of lots of ISF calibrators who have ONLY the ISF training under their belts. Very few know anything about CRT tech and what it REALLY takes to do it right, esp. if they joined up with ISF only recently, as ISF has its hands full teaching what it does teach and doesn't teach anything about CRT tech and what its needs are. There is a whole image structure set of parameters that have to be aligned on CRT tech, that have nothing to do with grayscale and colorations. Awhile back on this thread I put out the request for CRT qualified calibrators to chime in, and a whole bunch did.

To see how dirty your set's optics really are, you have to be in a dark room, and use a very strong flashlight and shine it onto the lenses FROM THE SIDE. And the mirrror, same way.

There's no way 5 years of ionized dust, soot, and other gritty particulates are not coating your optics with their now-matted-down blanket of bleck. The 30KV takes care of that. In cleaning this highly image-compromising stuff off your optics, special practices have to be employed, to not scratch or scuff the glossy and extremely fragile plastic surfaces of the lenses. The mirror is also front surface, not glass in front.

If you want to see how bad it really gets, take the back off the unit with it unplugged, and put a streak in the dust that's coating your flyback transformer - the one with all the thick red wires sprouting out of it. If you use your finger to make that swipe on the body of the transformer, it will come back blackened with the stuff.

I usually lick my finger - a different one...! - and carefully draw a happy face in the lenses, for nonbelievers, with very bright program material on. That makes it show up really good. And on the mirror - I just touch the back of a finger knuckle to the mirror, and presto there's a black mark in the gray. Shine your flashlight from the side onto that and you'll see what I'm talking about.

5% overscan is not too bad. 4% is better, but you could live with 5%. If you are having scores and onscreen graphics cut off at the top or bottom, tho, chances are it's more than 5%.

HD, with games and scores and such, is much more sensitive to o'scan than DVD. But o'scan is irritating, even on DVD. The 6% that Mit states it has on all its CRT RPTVs is HUGE. The difference between 4% and 6% is huge, and reigning it in is a handful, but well worth doing.

Mr Bob

I'm blessed to have Bob so close by. His CRT knowledge is beyond approach. I feel very confident in his ability after reading many of his post. He is the man when it comes to CRT. I can't wait to have him calibrate my 960 next week. We need more Bobs as many still have & prefer CRT displays.

The #1 spot for gaming headphones/headsets/Mic mods/DH 5.1/links & more.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...494101?sk=info
post #1910 of 3170 Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 AM

Sent you a message through the board Lee in reply to yours.
post #1911 of 3170 Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Live in Green Bay, WI and looking for someone to do calibration on my Panasonic PT-AE2000u

Thanks Rick

rkkoeb@hotmail.com
post #1912 of 3170 Old 02-22-2011, 05:14 AM

I recently had my TV ( 60 inch Sony NX810) calibrated.
The ISF calibrator was Marc Dugas, of ConnectPro, working with Futureshop in Gatineau, Quebec.

Marc did a very good job, taking all the time needed to tweak the settings until he got optimal results. He was also explaining all that he was doing and why.

I highly recommend his services to people in the area of Gatineau or Ottawa

Mig01
post #1913 of 3170 Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Hello!

I'm updating this site to inform of my THX/ISF Video System Calibration tour in Ontario and Quebec between March 12-16.

1. Ontario Hwy 401: from Oshawa to Kingston to Cornwall & Lancaster

2. Quebec: Montréal to Trois-Rivièrers to Québec

3. Ontario: Ottawa to Peterborough

I will accomodate areas further from this path if the time schedule permits.

All calibrations are done with the industry reference Konica-Minolta CS-1000A spectroradiometer, which is fresh back from Minolta from its yearly maintenance check-up.

To reserve a space on this tour, you can email me by clicking on my signature below, or call me at 905.730.5996.

Cheers to great looking moving pictures!
post #1914 of 3170 Old 02-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Looking for a professional ISF calibrator for my Samsung C590 in the Pittsburgh area. I'm about 50 miles north of the city. Anyone around my area ?
post #1915 of 3170 Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavethetools View Post

Looking for a professional ISF calibrator for my Samsung C590 in the Pittsburgh area. I'm about 50 miles north of the city. Anyone around my area ?

ChadB covers Pittsburgh. Shoot him a PM.
post #1916 of 3170 Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 24
i have two panna GT25 50 inch 3D plasmas. i live in metro atlanta area (by 6 flags ). would like to locate an ISF calibrator. i do not frequent this thread, so please inbox me. ive had these suckers about a month or two.

thank you...
post #1917 of 3170 Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 AM

I live in Atlanta as well and have a Panasonic TC-P65V10. Any ISF calibrators traveling to Atlanta?
post #1918 of 3170 Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahighland View Post

I live in Atlanta as well and have a Panasonic TC-P65V10. Any ISF calibrators traveling to Atlanta?

Hi, check HERE and HERE for Calibrators..

It looks like D-Nice, Doug Weil and Charles Cooper cover your (Contact Info available in the links above).

ControlCAL™

post #1919 of 3170 Old 03-07-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

Hi, check HERE and HERE for Calibrators..

It looks like D-Nice, Doug Weil and Charles Cooper cover you (Contact Info available in the links above).

Thanks, I've already had a couple people contact me.
post #1920 of 3170 Old 03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Hello!

A revised date for the tour has been set - my THX/ISF Video System Calibration tour in Ontario and Quebec is now between March 16-20. I only have a few spaces left available; please contact me to see if I will be around your area during those times.

1. Ontario Hwy 401: from Oshawa to Kingston to Cornwall & Lancaster

2. Quebec: Montréal to Trois-Rivièrers to Québec

3. Ontario: Ottawa to Peterborough

I will accomodate areas further from this path if the time schedule permits.

All calibrations are done with the industry reference Konica-Minolta CS-1000A spectroradiometer, which is fresh back from Minolta from its yearly maintenance check-up.

To reserve a space on this tour, you can email me by clicking on my signature below, or call me at 905.730.5996. If calling, please leave a message as I am sorting out a mobile phone problem! I can access the voicemail by landline.

Cheers to great looking moving pictures!
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page