I modifed an Excel colorimeter spreadsheet for use with the SpyderTV originally posted by forum member garyfritz in the thread "Colorimeter Help?". This is designed to be used with the SpyderTV '/support' option and the black through 100IRE grey window patterns in 'Avia: Guide to Home Theater'. The spreadsheet will plot gamma curve (total, r, g, b), and color temperature.
Update: 12, Nov 2005
- Added macro button for importing colorimeter xyY data from Derek Smith's S2xyY utility. This button is labeled "S2xyY". You will need to enable macros to use this.
- Added Avia correction factors. You can select whether you want to use these from the drop down field in box K3.
- Changed the "Relative RGB Levels" graph so the user can select what reference color they want to use by selecting from the drop down field in box K6.
Update: 31, Oct 2005
- Added sheet for calibrating primary and secondary colors (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow)
Update: 26, Oct 2005
- Added a *.ods version of the file to support OpenOffice 2.0 Calc
- Added a tab to support GetGrey's calibration DVD
Update: 25, Oct 2005
- Changed calibration instructions to use Avia Window patterns instead of grey fields.
- Luminance curve is now normalized to account for black level resulting in consistant gamma regardless of brightness setting.
- Color space conversions (XYZ->RGB) now use rec 709 matrix.
- Gamma curve and gamma calculation based on rec 709 idealized monitor transfer function.
- Displays calculated gamma for red, green, and blue curves
- Updated documentation and calibration procedure
Update: 5, Oct, 2005
-Added instructions on first sheet.
-Changed Relative RGB Levels graph to display error relative to ideal RGB value
-Use calculation from BruceLindbloom.com for calculating gamma for a dataset. Excel solver is no longer necessary to estimate Gamma.
Update: 17, Jan, 2006
- Added tab for Digital Video Essentials
- Added color sheet for PAL
- Added color sheet for NTSC
- The color decoder sheets do not show up right in Open Office and I have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully someone can help me out.
Right click save-as to download the zip file with the excel spreadsheet. Please PM me if you cannot download the file and I will email you a copy.
Colorimeter007.zip 211.8203125k . file