Customer Reports About Their Professional Calibrations - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 865 Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Joe Barnhart just recommended my calibrations from personal experience with his set on 2 different occasions, at post #5468 at this thread, with screenshots -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post16533751

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 865 Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had the pleasure of having Mr Abrams calabrate my Samsung DLP the other night and I have nothing but positive things to say. David took time to answer all my questions and provide quite a few humerous stories of life on the road.

As to the calabration itself I couldn't be happier with my picture and David did a great job making sure all my components were set right and looking their best. I have a little bit of a older DLP, but see no reason to upgrade after David worked his magic.

David is a true professional and did a top rate job on my set and I encourge anyone looking to improve their picture quality to drop him a line.

BTW: I had the pleasure of introducing David to Little Hug juice drinks which I believe he is now a fan of
post #273 of 865 Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorz View Post

I had the pleasure of having Mr Abrams calabrate my Samsung DLP the other night and I have nothing but positive things to say.

It will help me if you post your report in the owner's thread for your model. Then I can add a link to that report in the list on post #2 for your model. Be sure to include the model of your Samsung DLP so that I get the link into the correct list.
post #274 of 865 Old 06-13-2009, 08:00 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

It will help me if you post your report in the owner's thread for your model. Then I can add a link to that report in the list on post #2 for your model. Be sure to include the model of your Samsung DLP so that I get the link into the correct list.

Sorry about that. My model was HLR4266W and for a report all I have is a hard copy.
post #275 of 865 Old 06-13-2009, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Sorry about that. My model was HLR4266W and for a report all I have is a hard copy.

I've reposted your calibration report in the owner's thread for your model. A link to your report has been added to the RPTV (Post#1) list in this thread.

Samsung 1080p Owner's Thread --- HLRxxx8W DLP Models

Enjoy.
post #276 of 865 Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Liked: 10
I had Chris Eberle calibrate of Precision Video calibrate my Pioneer 5020FD and these are the results. Can anybody help me to understand how accurate it is and what it means. Thanks in advance.

Pioneer5020postcolor.pdf 96.0947265625k . file

Pioneer5020postcolorIS.pdf 92.4248046875k . file

Pioneer5020postgray.pdf 74.373046875k . file

Pioneer5020precolor.pdf 97.8994140625k . file

Pioneer5020pregray.pdf 79.63671875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pioneer5020pregray.pdf (79.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf Pioneer5020precolor.pdf (97.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf Pioneer5020postgray.pdf (74.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf Pioneer5020postcolorIS.pdf (92.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf Pioneer5020postcolor.pdf (96.1 KB, 9 views)
post #277 of 865 Old 06-14-2009, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag12203 View Post

I had Chris Eberle calibrate of Precision Video calibrate my Pioneer 5020FD and these are the results. Can anybody help me to understand how accurate it is and what it means. Thanks in advance.

This thread isn't the best place to get the information you're looking for. Here is a forum where you should find a thread that's related to your question.

Display Calibration

You should also check these two owner's threads that are related to your display.

The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread
post #278 of 865 Old 06-14-2009, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Back on 5/28/09 Gregg Loewen calibrated my 111. Prior to this I had just recently finished the break in period using the thumb drive files and then had been using D-Nice' general calibration. The display looked great but I work with color copiers and know the true value of calibrating those units for best picture reproduction. The same goes along with these displays.

Gregg calibrated 2 inputs (that is all I use) for Pure, ISF Night and Day. Out of the box and prior to using D-Nices calibration, both my better half and I thought it had a little too much red. The intial changes made pulled some red out, but Gregg pulled even more red out without my ever mentioning anything.

The final outcome was fantastic. HD Sports stations are amazing. At the time I had a Pioneer 51 BD player. I just returned that unit and replaced it with the Oppo 83. Gregg instructed me on how to adjust the contrast on the new player and poof, the display is perfect!! I just finshed watching Hellboy II and the reds in a movie that relies on a red character looked completely natural, not overpowering in any way. The next test will be The Dark Knight.

I opted for the Pioneer Elite over the Panasonic G10 series and then opted for Gregg over BB for calibrating. I do not regret either decision. You get what you pay for, and Gregg is defiantely at the top of this profession !!! He explained everything that he was doing and took the time to answer any questions that I had. He even continued helping after the visit to assist in the tweaking of the different BD player than the player that was here at the time. I would recomend him to anyone that is considering a calibration!!!!
post #279 of 865 Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag12203 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post

Back on 5/28/09 Gregg Loewen calibrated my 111.

Thanks for your Reports

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #280 of 865 Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM

Gregg Loewen from LionAV was here yesterday to calibrate my Pioneer Elite. The only thing I can really say about the calibration is "WOW". It is nearly impossible to explain the difference between pure with D-Nice settings and an ISFccc calibration. The picture is so much brighter and everything is spot on. Plus the picture is no longer yellow and washed out!

Highly recommend Gregg for any of your calibration needs. Also quite the educational experience - everything was explained in great detail! Anyone who doesnt think there is a difference between normal calibration and ISFccc professional calibration is blind!

Very happy camper
post #281 of 865 Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 AM

Liked: 13
I've been enjoying the professional ISF calibration on my Elite PRO-111FD for a few weeks now so I'm overdue in giving my report.

Gregg Loewen did my calibration and he did a great job. He arrived on time and was very professional and personable. He explained what he was doing and gladly answered all my questions.

The before and after results are stunning. The ISFccc Day/Night modes are a huge improvement. I use the ISF Night mode almost exclusively.

Everyone who has seen my TV is extremely impressed.

If anyone is on the fence about having their TV professionally calibrated -- just do it.

Gregg does not normally visit my area (San Antonio) so I feel honored to have had him do my calibration. I will use one of his affiliated partners (Doug Weil) who tours Texas when it comes time for a calibration tune-up.

Thanks Gregg!
post #282 of 865 Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Can you guys post your comments in the 9G Elite owner's thread. That will allow other owner's to have a better chance of reading your reports. The alternative is for me to repost them there, but I think it's better if you do it.

The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psufan5 View Post

Gregg Loewen from LionAV was here yesterday to calibrate my Pioneer Elite. The only thing I can really say about the calibration is "WOW". It is nearly impossible to explain the difference between pure with D-Nice settings and an ISFccc calibration. The picture is so much brighter and everything is spot on. Plus the picture is no longer yellow and washed out!

Highly recommend Gregg for any of your calibration needs. Also quite the educational experience - everything was explained in great detail! Anyone who doesnt think there is a difference between normal calibration and ISFccc professional calibration is blind!

Very happy camper

psufan5 it would be great if you added your model information to your repost when you post it in the owner's thread. I'm not sure which generation your Elite is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen View Post

I've been enjoying the professional ISF calibration on my Elite PRO-111FD for a few weeks now so I'm overdue in giving my report.

Gregg Loewen did my calibration and he did a great job. He arrived on time and was very professional and personable. He explained what he was doing and gladly answered all my questions.

The before and after results are stunning. The ISFccc Day/Night modes are a huge improvement. I use the ISF Night mode almost exclusively.

Everyone who has seen my TV is extremely impressed.

If anyone is on the fence about having their TV professionally calibrated -- just do it.

Gregg does not normally visit my area (San Antonio) so I feel honored to have had him do my calibration. I will use one of his affiliated partners (Doug Weil) who tours Texas when it comes time for a calibration tune-up.

Thanks Gregg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post

Back on 5/28/09 Gregg Loewen calibrated my 111. Prior to this I had just recently finished the break in period using the thumb drive files and then had been using D-Nice' general calibration. The display looked great but I work with color copiers and know the true value of calibrating those units for best picture reproduction. The same goes along with these displays.

Gregg calibrated 2 inputs (that is all I use) for Pure, ISF Night and Day. Out of the box and prior to using D-Nices calibration, both my better half and I thought it had a little too much red. The intial changes made pulled some red out, but Gregg pulled even more red out without my ever mentioning anything.

The final outcome was fantastic. HD Sports stations are amazing. At the time I had a Pioneer 51 BD player. I just returned that unit and replaced it with the Oppo 83. Gregg instructed me on how to adjust the contrast on the new player and poof, the display is perfect!! I just finshed watching Hellboy II and the reds in a movie that relies on a red character looked completely natural, not overpowering in any way. The next test will be The Dark Knight.

I opted for the Pioneer Elite over the Panasonic G10 series and then opted for Gregg over BB for calibrating. I do not regret either decision. You get what you pay for, and Gregg is defiantely at the top of this profession !!! He explained everything that he was doing and took the time to answer any questions that I had. He even continued helping after the visit to assist in the tweaking of the different BD player than the player that was here at the time. I would recomend him to anyone that is considering a calibration!!!!

Enjoy.
post #283 of 865 Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
hi guys

HTWaits, PSU has an Elite 111...

Kind of funny how all 3 of these were 111s.

President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.
Lead THX Video Standards Instructor
post #284 of 865 Old 06-17-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Can you guys post your comments in the 9G Elite owner's thread. That will allow other owner's to have a better chance of reading your reports. The alternative is for me to repost them there, but I think it's better if you do it.

I've reposted your calibration reports in the owner's thread for your displays.
post #285 of 865 Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Lil4cyl just reviewed my repair work on saving his CRT Pioneer Elite 610 in post 1858 at this thread -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post16689678

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #286 of 865 Old 06-21-2009, 07:36 AM

Could you please link this review to the first page. I noticed that you wanted people placing them in their owners threads so I hope this is how you want to do it.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post16692654
post #287 of 865 Old 06-21-2009, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaberst View Post

Could you please link this review to the first page.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've included your report in the flat panel LCD list on page two.
post #288 of 865 Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've included your report in the flat panel LCD list on page two.

htwaits,

Thanks for all that you have done putting these calibration reviews together in an easy way to find and read it. I would have not hire someone just from reading through this thread but you make it easy to do so. Here is my review on my calibration experience.

Hello Everyone,

I recently had my 151fd Elite and HT sound calibrated by Jeff Meier (UMR) from Accu Cal. For those who seen my posts know that I am know very little to talk technical in term of audio and video. So I am just going to share my calibration experience from someone who wants the best and enjoy reading about home theater. I have no knowledge or have heard of anyone calibrating their tv or audio before reading this forum, so to hire someone just from reading this forum to calibrate our tv and HT system is very different for us.

From reading this forum I have already had a positive bias that Jeff would be a great person to calibrate our tv especially with his audio expertise. Knowing that I want to tempt my enthusiasm and report from what I have seen. Jeff spent approximately 5.5 hrs on calibrating our tv and audio (3 hrs on isf night and day to all 3 inputs and 1.5 hrs on audio).

Video Experience:
I have to say that seeing the Elite in ISF Modes really reinforce that the Elite is truly an amazing display. The colors are so rich and the picture is just amazing to look at. Since my family watch a lot of foreign music sd dvd, I have to put it in as a test. I thanks Jeff for putting up with that.

Audio Experience:
I don't know much about audio but I do know that my HT sound just does not sound good. Before this audio calibration, my HT sound was ok and it was just sound to me and I did not really enjoy it as much. Obviously, my HT system need a lot or should I say everything fixed or adjusted. After Jeff calibrated our audio, I can actually say that this is what HT system should sound like or like I was in the movie theater.

Again I want to thank Jeff for coming to our house and calibrate our tv and sound system. I will definitely ask Jeff to come back if and when we get a dedicate space for a home theater instead of a man cave. Jeff is highly regards here in this forum and I would recommend Jeff to anyone who is looking to get not only their TV but also HT system calibrated.
post #289 of 865 Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Djones18 has just reviewed some of the results of my last couple of years of work on getting the word out about how to save your Pioneer Elite CRT 510/610/710 and some of the 520/620/720s from being damaged by the badly factory soldered PS board at post 1866 in this thread, with suggestions from him about parameters that could use being looked at, in so doing -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post16697137

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #290 of 865 Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 PM

I just recently had the pleasure of having my Pioneer Elite Pro 111-FD calibrated by SierraMikeBravo (Shawn Byrne). Its been approximately one week, and wow, I could not be happier with the results.

Shawn was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I spent the entire time while he was calibrating asking him questions and getting advice on future components. After finishing the calibration, he fired up my blu-ray player and calibrated it to the set.

I would highly recommend Shawn to anyone out there thinking about getting their Elite's calibrated. The picture is just amazing. I really seem disappointed going to the movie theaters since I've got something at home thats better.
post #291 of 865 Old 06-27-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamuags08 View Post

I just recently had the pleasure of having my Pioneer Elite Pro 111-FD calibrated by SierraMikeBravo (Shawn Byrne).

The best place to post your calibration report is in the owner's thread for your display.

The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread

That way more Elite Kuro owners will be able to read about your calibration.

Enjoy.
post #292 of 865 Old 06-27-2009, 12:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Russell, it was my pleasure to serve you!

Htwaits

I went ahead and posted the link in the Pioneer thread. If you would be so ind as to list it, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Shawn Byrne
Erskine Group
CEDIA Certified Professional EST II - HAA Level III Certified -THX Certified Professional

Design-Video & Audio Calibration Information

The original Pro Theater Layout
post #293 of 865 Old 06-27-2009, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMikeBravo View Post

Russell, it was my pleasure to serve you!

Htwaits

I went ahead and posted the link in the Pioneer thread. If you would be so ind as to list it, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Done.

I think it's more effective to have the owner's report posted in the owner's thread for their model. Maybe you could use the edit command to include tamuags08's comments with the link that you posted.
post #294 of 865 Old 06-28-2009, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Just take a look at the forum thread that my signature links to for a lot of reviews of my work. If you live in Columbus, OH or vicinity, just give me a buzz.
post #295 of 865 Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 View Post

Just take a look at the forum thread that my signature links to for a lot of reviews of my work. If you live in Columbus, OH or vicinity, just give me a buzz.

This thread is intended to collect links to AVS owner's reports about their reaction to having their displays professionally calibrated.

Your post might be more effective here:

ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here!
post #296 of 865 Old 06-28-2009, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This thread is intended to collect links to AVS owner's reports about their reaction to having their displays professionally calibrated.

Your post might be more effective here:

ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here!

Actually, that thread has tons of reports. But here is one specifically in AVSForum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post16591627
post #297 of 865 Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 View Post

Actually, that thread has tons of reports.

I'm sure it does but I'm only collecting reports that are posted at AVS.

Quote:

But here is one specifically in AVSForum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post16591627

I added rdorman's report that he posted in the owner's thread for his model. I also posted a thank you to him for his post.

Official 2008 Samsung HL61A750/HL67A750 LED DLP Settings and Calibration Thread

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not able to read all the display threads where calibration reports get posted.
post #298 of 865 Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Kudzuatl just reviewed my phone coaching in post #1879 in this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post16738990

This was for convergence errors at his side edges and for a dim, undynamic, blah picture. He now says his picture looks great, after the phone session and the work I directed him to do, during it.

Of course this was only the tip of the potential calibration iceberg we coulda gotten into, but he's happy with his pic again, anyway...

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #299 of 865 Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had the pleasure of having Mr Abrams calabrate my Samsung DLP the other night and I have nothing but positive things to say. David took time to answer all my questions and provide quite a few humerous stories of life on the road.

As to the calabration itself I couldn't be happier with my picture and David did a great job making sure all my components were set right and looking their best. I have a little bit of a older DLP, but see no reason to upgrade after David worked his magic.

David is a true professional and did a top rate job on my set and I encourge anyone looking to improve their picture quality to drop him a line.

BTW: I had the pleasure of introducing David to Little Hug juice drinks which I believe he is now a fan of

Hello factorz,

It was a pleasure meeting you and working on your display! Thank you for the hug juice - it was quite a treat. I look forward to seeing you on my next tour!

Good Pictures!

Dave
post #300 of 865 Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper57 View Post

Yesterday i had my pioneer 6020 calib. by david abrams of L.A. based AVICAL.
the calib.was this year's birthday gift to myself. i'm a noobie at this home theater stuff,and was a skeptic about the merits of a pro. calib.
well i'm a skeptic no longer! david is good. david is a true pro.,and expert in his field. he does'nt just tell you what he's doing,but also explains it and shows you. which is real important for someone with my limited knowledge of home theater. WOW the picture on my 6020 now is simply stunning! the 3-d look of the picture ,and details i've not noticed before , and lifelike color's just stunning. i highly recommend david abrams to anyone thinking about having their display calib. thanks david for the gift that keeps on giving.

clipper57,

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and not only did you learn a little bit about video, but you gave me some great insight into my next car purchase - so thank YOU!

Good Pictures!

Dave
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Sony Kds 55a2000 Kds55a2000 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread - 55a2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page