Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post
DroptheRemote

Thanks. You're everywhere!

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 858 Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi...my name is Tom and would like to say a few words about the gentlemen that calibrated my PN58C6400 Samsung Plasma, his name is Michael Osadciw.

I made a call to Michael back in Dec/10 asking about his service's and from the 1st call he was professional and never once gave me the feeling I was doing him a favor by calling him.

We ended up making an appointment for the New Year and Michael gave me some advice on what setting to leave my TV on and what to do.

I was really on the fence about spending this kind of $$$$ as the PQ on the TV was outstanding as it was, well let me tell you that afterwards it was something else to see how the colors were suppose to look, they were warm, natual and the blacks were outstanding.

The other thing was the depth of the picture that just didn't seem to be there before, it was like the fish were going to swim right out of the TV, everything seemed so much more real....

Micheal took his time, almost 5 hrs and explain the reason for every step he took, it was a learning process for me. Micheal wasn't satisfied till he achieved 100% plus of what he thought was right to his eye, and had the equipment to guide him along the way and to point out the flaws that I had no idea were there.

Michael is ISF and THX certified and has been doing this for the better part of 10 ++ yrs.

I have never enjoyed watching TV as much as I do now, and it's a big thank you to Michael.

If anyone needs a professinal calibrator that has a passion for what he does I would highly recommend Michael, you can get ahold of Michael with this phone # ( 905 ) 730-5996, I have no problem in answering any questions someone might have regarding Michael through PM. Thanks again Michael,
post #543 of 858 Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Had my 58VT25 calibrated Saturday by Craig Rounds. http://www.cir-engineering.com/
He updated the firmware before the calibration. He used Control Cal software. Newer updated software was just released for the VT25's. I can't say enough about the job he does. It looks amazing. This is the second HD set Craig has done for me. He did my old Mits 55857 back in 2006. I'm happy.

"I love the smell of racing gas in the morning."

post #544 of 858 Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 47
This was just recently posted about my optics cleaning process and the difference it made on this owner's CRT RPTV:

Originally Posted by beazalbob69

Hi everyone. I had posted on this thread a couple weeks ago that I picked up a Mits 55" ws-55313 for 100$ (actually paid 25$ after selling my broken plasma ). Well I took the screen off to clean the mirror and lenses WOW were they dirty! 7 years and never cleaned. 1st the mirror. It was very dirty almost greasy. Took about 4 rounds of cleaning to get it streak free and perfectly clean. It is a glass mirror so I wasnt too worried. Next was the lenses. They were also very dusty and had a sticky feel to them. Cleaned them very carefully with Monster screen cleaner (which doesnt run as its a little bit thicker) and paper towels as Mr Bob recommends. Got the lenses wet to free up the dust and then just went from the back to the front rolling the paper towel towards me to get the major scum off. Then I just breathe hard on the lens to get a little fog and wiped it off with the paper towel. Not too hard and worked great.

Holy crap what a difference! This set actually looks better than my Panny Plasma that it replaced. I was amazed. If people knew that there TV's were just dirty and not old and worn out I bet they would'nt be getting rid of them so cheap and replacing them with something that has an inferior picture in most cases.

It's at this thread -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post19825955

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com

YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

post #545 of 858 Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had my WD-73735 calibrated yesterday and I have to say I'm very very impressed with the results
I have had the TV for about a year and a half now and have never thought the HD looked as good as I thought it should. The whites were always washed out and the blacks way to black to the point you couldn't see any detail in dark scenes. I tried all the things you could do in the TV menu but nothing helped.
Sooooo I finally decided to find a calibrator to see what they could do.
Well I found a guy that doesn't live far from me and contacted him to see what he could do. Well I have to say that I am totally amazed))
I never knew an HD TV could look sooo good. The colors and detail are totally amazing. The whites are white with no silk screen look and the black are black and you can still see all the detail in dark scenes. And the depth of the picture is totally amazing. The picture almost looks 3D and I know what 3D looks like on it because I have all the equipment to watch 3D on the TV and have watched a few 3D movies on it. I haven't yet watched one since the calibration but can't wait too.

As far as the Calibrator I used I have to say I'm extremely impressed with him and his work.
He told me everything he was doing all the way through the process and why he was doing it and what it did.
He kept showing me on his laptop what he was doing and showing me the changes and what they did.
He switch back to the Fios input now and then to see how things look and I have to say each time I was impressed with the picture but he kept doing more and more adjustments. I was impressed looking at the picture after 3 hours but then he worked hours more because he knew it could be even better and he was right. When he was finally done I was totally blown away

So if anyone needs and excellent calibrator that tells you everything he's doing and why and you end up with a picture that you never even belived
your TV could produce you need to contact:

Don McLaughlin
http://www.pvcalibrations.com/
post #546 of 858 Old 01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2002ws6 View Post

I had my WD-73735 calibrated yesterday and I have to say I'm very very impressed with the results........
So if anyone needs and excellent calibrator that tells you everything he's doing and why and you end up with a picture that you never even belived
your TV could produce you need to contact:

Don McLaughlin
http://www.pvcalibrations.com/

Thanks Carl. It was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad to have the opportunity to enhance your home theater viewing environment.

Don

THX Certified Video Calibrator
Calibrating Florida and Georgia
post #547 of 858 Old 01-19-2011, 01:26 PM

This is a report on calibration service by HDTVbyChadB.com. I contacted Chad via e-mail on 1/1/2011 to have my relatively new Panasonic TC-P54VT25 calibrated as well as my 3 year old TH50PZ800U. I had never used any calibration service as I was convinced that I could get there myself (close enough) by following the instructions easily found on the internet (and on the specific model’s owner’s forum).

I followed dnice’s breakin slides for 120hours, and then went into the service menu on the VT25 and made all his adjustments. I thought it looked absolutely beautiful, although the 3D wasnot quite as special as I thought it would be. After a month of watching the VT25, I decided I wanted to try calibration and see what the difference really would be. I had not done anything to the TH50PZ800U at the time I bought it except turn it on and follow normal initial watching habits for the first month or so (full screen, no static images, etc).

Chad was scheduled to arrive at 10am, and arrived exactly on time. He is a very pleasant person, and easy to talk with as well. He explained what he was doing as he did it, showing the results all along the way. It was an enlightening experience (on the VT25), and the improvements are definitely obvious. It is brighter now on the daylight ISF setting at 51.105 FL, from 42.086 pre calibration. The night ISF is now perfect, FL is at 35.192. Skin tones are beautiful, and the blacks are just outstanding. What was beautiful is now simply gorgeous. The 3D is now stunning, and in my opinion, better than any other 3D demo pictures I have seen in any stores. Avatar in 3D is my new demo, and no one walks away without watching the whole thing !!!

The TH50PZ800U is another story. It was really bad, even to my eyes, and no amount of my adjusting settings seemed to make a significant difference. Chad worked his magic, and it now looks simply great! He was able to increase the FL output from 39.999 to 45.332,a significant and very noticeable increase in what was a pretty dim display. The colors are beautiful, and even the blacks are significantly better now (although no where near the VT25). It now looks much better to me than it ever has, and I only wish I hadn't spent the last 3 years watching it uncalibrated.

Bottom line, yes it’s expensive to have a TV (or 2) calibrated, but IMO, it’s definitely worth it. I highly recommend HDTVbyChadB.com, for calibration!
post #548 of 858 Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
dklanecky,

I'm having Gregg Loewen of Lion AV calibrating my 50VT25 next week. I also have a 50PZ800U which I bought 2 years ago and never had it ISF calibrated. Now I'm thinking of it!

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #549 of 858 Old 01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I also have a 50PZ800U which I bought 2 years ago and never had it ISF calibrated
Just do it !! lol

President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.
Lead THX Video Standards Instructor
post #550 of 858 Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen View Post

Just do it !! lol

Lol! I just might have some extra cash next week Gregg!

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #551 of 858 Old 01-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Prisoner, Gregg's done 3 Plasma calibrations for me (2 new and 1 touchup) as well as 1 LED LCD. You will be very happy, and be sure to ask a lot of questions.
post #552 of 858 Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite View Post

Prisoner, Gregg's done 3 Plasma calibrations for me (2 new and 1 touchup) as well as 1 LED LCD. You will be very happy, and be sure to ask a lot of questions.

I most certainly will

-Bane

post #553 of 858 Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2002ws6 View Post

I had my WD-73735 calibrated yesterday and I have to say I'm very very impressed with the results

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the rear projection (post#1) list that's linked at the bottom of my post.

Calibration Resources:

post #554 of 858 Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklanecky View Post

I contacted Chad via e-mail on 1/1/2011 to have my relatively new Panasonic TC-P54VT25 calibrated as well as my 3 year old TH50PZ800U.

Thanks for your calibration report about your two Panasonic displays. I've included links to your reports in the flat panel (Post#2) list that's linked at the bottom of my post.

Calibration Resources:

post #555 of 858 Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM

This past Friday evening, Jeff at Accucal (umr) worked his magic on two televisions and a surround sound system at my place in New Orleans.

First, he tackled the Panasonic 65VT25. He noticed right away on his initial test screens that the colors were highly unsaturated and biased towards green. Needless to say, he patiently tweaked his way through these issues and the result was absolutely stunning. Jeff worked this set to perfection, sharing past business experiences with me while explaining in as much detail as I desired the processes that he was performing.

Afterwards, he calibrated my audio system, which is a modest system in comparison to most I'm sure, a Pioneer VSX-1018 paired with Klipsch Quintet surround sound. The difference here was even more staggering than the beautiful picture he just willed from the Panny. My levels were all entirely off, and the challenging room environment with large entryways on 3 walls was no deterrent to an incredible turnaround. He also saved me the mistake of pursuing some other speakers that I was researching, particularly the Gallo Adiva series speakers I was considering, stating that my Klipsch setup was an upgrade over the Gallos. Thanks Jeff!

After finishing the audio, Jeff began to work on my Pioneer 5010. Unlike the Panny, this set was severely oversaturated, but again, Jeff worked efficiently and the reports confirm that the Pioneer does a marvelous job at achieving the correct gamma when fully calibrated.

Jeff spent about 6 hours on this work, and I would recommend him to anyone if you are lucky enough to have him touring your area.

Thanks Jeff for the incredible job well done.

Henry
post #556 of 858 Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thanks Henry. It was a pleasure bringing the best from your gear.

W. Jeff Meier

post #557 of 858 Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Jeff with Accucal (umr) was at my place in Mobile last week and as usual did a fantastic job. This is actually his 3rd visit with me in about 3 years. First time, he calibrated my RS-1 and Atlantic Tech 370's in my theater room. Second time, he calibrated my upgraded projector, RS20. This time, he cleaned and tweaked the RS20 and calibrated my new Salk speakers.
Simply fantastic! Everything looks and sounds great. Well worth the money and would recommend him without reservation.
Thanks again Jeff!

Joe Amato
post #558 of 858 Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdocjoe View Post

Jeff with Accucal (umr) was at my place in Mobile last week and as usual did a fantastic job. This is actually his 3rd visit with me in about 3 years. First time, he calibrated my RS-1 and Atlantic Tech 370's in my theater room. Second time, he calibrated my upgraded projector, RS20. This time, he cleaned and tweaked the RS20 and calibrated my new Salk speakers.
Simply fantastic! Everything looks and sounds great. Well worth the money and would recommend him without reservation.
Thanks again Jeff!

Joe Amato

Thanks Joe!

W. Jeff Meier

post #559 of 858 Old 01-24-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppySet View Post

This past Friday evening, Jeff at Accucal (umr) worked his magic on two televisions and a surround sound system at my place in New Orleans.

Thanks for your calibration reports. I've included them in the flat panel (Post#2) lists at the top of this thread.

Calibration Resources:

post #560 of 858 Old 01-24-2011, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdocjoe View Post

Jeff with Accucal (umr) was at my place in Mobile last week and as usual did a fantastic job. This is actually his 3rd visit with me in about 3 years.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the front projection (Post#1) list at the top of this thread.

Calibration Resources:

post #561 of 858 Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 AM

I have a Panasonic TC-P50S2 Plasma, which is about a month old. Moving from a Sony rear-projection set, I was very unsatisfied with the picture quality, no matter how I messed around with the settings.

I contacted Don McLaughlin from PRECISION VIDEO CALIBRATIONS and set up an appointment. Meanwhile, he was very supportive of any question I had. I wanted someone fanatic about this as well as certified. He is THX certified.

His calibration took over 4 hours with my set. He took time making sure everything was to best of his ability. Most importantly, he made sure I am understanding what's happening at the time. He explained everything in great detail.

Not only my TV, he made sure my other components, such as Blue-Ray Player, are calibrated.

I am very satisfied with the calibration. Now my TV looks the way it should. Picture has great depth and colors are right on. Color casts, over-sturation, highlight blow-outs are gone!

Don did a great job and I recommend him highly!
post #562 of 858 Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post

I have a Panasonic TC-P50S2 Plasma, which is about a month old. Moving from a Sony rear-projection set, I was very unsatisfied with the picture quality, no matter how I messed around with the settings.

I contacted Don McLaughlin from PRECISION VIDEO CALIBRATIONS and set up an appointment. Meanwhile, he was very supportive of any question I had. I wanted someone fanatic about this as well as certified. He is THX certified.

His calibration took over 4 hours with my set. He took time making sure everything was to best of his ability. Most importantly, he made sure I am understanding what's happening at the time. He explained everything in great detail.

Not only my TV, he made sure my other components, such as Blue-Ray Player, are calibrated.

I am very satisfied with the calibration. Now my TV looks the way it should. Picture has great depth and colors are right on. Color casts, over-sturation, highlight blow-outs are gone!

Don did a great job and I recommend him highly!

Thanks Sam. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to help you out and improve your home theater. I hope I answered all of your questions. Enjoy your tv.

THX Certified Video Calibrator
Calibrating Florida and Georgia
post #563 of 858 Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post

I contacted Don McLaughlin from PRECISION VIDEO CALIBRATIONS and set up an appointment.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've added it to the flat panel (Post#2) lists in this thread.

Calibration Resources:

post #564 of 858 Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Cissado just wrote up the improvements on his CRT set due to a consultation phone call with me about it. You can find it here,

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19898447

Post #7933.

Here's what he said -

I just cleaned my guns and mirror on a Toshiba 65 inch TV. 65H84

Bob helped me out with the process, and I thank him for that. I didn't do a full scale job on it because of time constraints, but the cleaning was definitely worth it.

The PQ really does improve after the cleaning. The colors, the clarity, the brightness, everything really looks sharper. I turned down most of the settings afterwards. I am definitely happy to have done it, and if you're on the fence, I say DO IT. Surely there are other things I can do for the PQ but I'm happy as it is. My TV has burn-in, so I don't want to keep chasing something that may never be there. Once I noticed the burn-in, I see it too often now, but I still love the PQ.

Honestly, if I could get a new TV with zero burn-in, I would. I would just get a 70 inch or so. lol 65 is almost perfect, but I could go for bigger.

I calibrated the TV with Avia, which is old and not for HD, so I may have to get the HD Disk.

Whether you do it yourself, or with help, DO IT. There was a layer of dust on my 6 year old set and the mirror looked clean at first blush, BUT looking at it from the side, I did see it wasn't clean at all. Don't dismiss the mirror for being clean so quickly. Take a careful look at it. Very small tweak with big results. Everyone should do it.

thanks again bob and this thread, and AVS for getting me excited about my HT setup again. Now to decide which AV receiver to buy next! lol. thanks.

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com

YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

post #565 of 858 Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Yesterday I had the honor of having Gregg Loewen calibrate my Panasonic 50VT25. He calibrated for Night & Day viewing along with 3D Night viewing. Gregg explained everything he was doing, he even started out by explaining B&W process going into 1950's color. I learned quite a bit in his 3 hour visit. He uses some serious equipment to give his customers a spot on calibration. When he played some of X-Men: The Last Stand on blu-ray it looked like watching film in a private screening room on my VT25. Gregg knows Mark Goldblatt, who was one of the film editors on X-Men: The Last Stand and Gregg pointed out fine details everywhere through several scenes. Avatar 3D was incredible looking after calibration, every bit as good as I remember seeing in the theater. I would recommend Gregg Loewen easily to anyone who wants the most out of his/her display. Gregg Loewen comes highly recommended! Thank you.

-Bane

post #566 of 858 Old 01-27-2011, 10:26 AM

Glad you enjoyed it, it's why I continue to use him.
post #567 of 858 Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post

Yesterday I had the honor of having Gregg Loewen calibrate my Panasonic 50VT25.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the flat panel (Post#2) list at the top of this thread.

Calibration Resources:

post #568 of 858 Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 AM

I just had my TC-P65VT25 calibrated last night by D-Nice. Not going to go into much detail at the moment but wanted to say this. My wife and I were talking a couple of weeks back and I told her that I had set up an appointment to have our Plasma professionally calibrated. Her one response was how much? When I told her she said well it's your money waste it any way that you want.
She insisted that she would not discern any differences at all.

I am more than happy to report that when we watched some TV later in the evening her very first response was an empathic WOW !! Coming from this woman that is the highest praise anyone could ever give IMHO.

This morning we were watching the news and she kept on commenting about how good everything looked. I now have a very different view of her "optical tastes". Unfortunately I am still working on her audio senses but am afraid that after many years this is still a losing battle. Getting a new set of speakers may take a little more time.

Thank you D-Nice for a job well done!!
post #569 of 858 Old 01-30-2011, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmiller View Post

I just had my TC-P65VT25 calibrated last night by D-Nice.

It will be helpful to other owners and D-Nice if you post a copy of your comments in the owner's thread for your display. That way more interested readers will see it.

Calibration Resources:

post #570 of 858 Old 01-30-2011, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just wanted to drop a note here and let you all know about the fantastic job that Jeff (UMR) did on my Panasonic TC-P58VT25. First off, as many of you already know, Jeff is a consummate professional while also being a sincere pleasure to talk to and learn from. This was the second set Jeff would do for me and I was even more pleased this time. Jeff arrived at my place in Austin last Wednesday right on time and got to work. He and I enjoyed a nice conversation and he was great about explaining EXACTLY what he was doing. My particular set looked pretty darn good to start with, but there were two MAJOR things that Jeff improved on. First, my set was somewhat under saturated due to the slight red/pink push that was preventing me from bumping the color up. Jeff resolved this and now the color accuracy as well as lushness is absolutely the best I have ever seen. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly for my own education is what Jeff did with the sharpness of the set. First let me say that this is a control that I have ALWAYS been a bit stubborn with. I always felt that more sharpness "looked better". Now that Jeff lowered my sharpness "substantially" even my wife notice how much more depth/smoothness the image has. For those of you that have this set, it is great out of the box in THX mode; however, for 10% of the price, I got about a 25% improvement that even my wife said today was well worth it. Jeff truly got this set to reference levels and I am just tickled.

Jeff- Thanks as always for the fantastic work as well as the nice conversations. Take care!!

(Also posted in the Panasonic VT series owners thread.)
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Sony Kds 55a2000 Kds55a2000 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread - 55a2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page