Customer Reports About Their Professional Calibrations - Page 30 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 874 Old 12-11-2014, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
What model TV did you have Randal calibrate?
We have a Samsung 60ES8000. He also did a 3D calibration. He said that it was geared only the set of glasses that was used for the calibration but he checked out the other sets and said that they appeared to be fine. I myself fined that 3D gives me a headache.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 874 Old 12-31-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Oklahoma City calibration

I have used Doug Weil of Clearly Resolved for my last 3 calibrations. Obviously I would not continue to use him if I were not satisfied with his work. He is always on time and spends as much time as is necessary to properly calibrate my system and answers any and all questions I might have. His last work was on 12/16/2014. Results were excellent as usual and definitely needed.
Highly recommended. His credentials are listed on the Clearly Resolved web site http://www.isfforum.com/details/clearly-resolved.html
Gregg Loewen likes this.
post #873 of 874 Old 01-12-2015, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We've had Doug Weil, of Clearly Resolved Image and Sound, come out to our college and do an annual calibration of our main theater projector.

We've VERY pleased with his work. His rates are very reasonable and he does a great job for us every year!
post #874 of 874 Old Today, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 6
On Saturday (3/7/15) I was finally able to get my Vizio P602ui-B3 professionally calibrated.

Doug Weil with Clearly Resolved Image & Sound out of St. Louis was on one of his road trips and we had previously missed each other, but this time around we were able to schedule an appt. I'd like to start off by saying that Doug was really awesome to deal with. He showed up right on time and was really cool to talk with. Since I am a noob to calibration and this was my first ever professional calibration, he explained in detail (some of which was way over my head I must admit) what he was doing in each step of the calibration. He also explained to me about the equipment/software he was using and gave me a little info on his background and how he got into calibration (cool story BTW).

My experience with calibration up to this point had been using the Disney WOW disc and copying settings from this forum. I've been pretty happy with my P60 since I purchased it at Sam's Club for their pre-black friday deal and the only real issue/bug that I have been affected with was the sharpness bug. Other than that the TV has worked pretty flawlessly since I bought it. After copying multiple settings from the forum I wasn't really happy with any of them and I reset the TV to factory defaults and used the Disney WOW disc to just set the basic settings for my TV. That worked pretty well, but the skin tones looked off and I adjusted with my eye until I thought they were acceptable. That worked for awhile, but I knew the picture quality could be better. That's where Doug Weil came in. Since this was my first professional calibration I wasn't sure what to expect or even if it would be worth the cost. After Doug got done with my TV, all my reservations about having a professional calibration done were gone. My expectations were exceeded and then some. Simply said I was blown away at how good the picture looked after Doug was done. The skin tones look perfect now, the blacks look soooooo good, and the colors look realistic and spectacular!!!! I've been re-watching a bunch of Blu-rays all weekend because the picture looks incredible. If anybody wants Doug's contact info, just shoot me a PM and I'll provide it to you. I'd highly reccomend Doug Weil to anybody looking to get their TV calibrated.

Terry Scott
San Antonio, TX
Vizio P602ui-B3
FW: 1.1.19
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Sony Kds 55a2000 Kds55a2000 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread - 55a2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page