post #151 of 848 Old 12-24-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetesq View Post

Last week, my 3 year old Sammy DLP blew a color wheel.

Good work. Which model do you have? I need that to include your report in the owner's calibration list. I will also repost your report in the owner's thread for your model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 848 Old 12-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
*edit*
post #153 of 848 Old 12-26-2008, 08:57 PM

*edit*
post #154 of 848 Old 12-26-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Good work. Which model do you have? I need that to include your report in the owner's calibration list. I will also repost your report in the owner's thread for your model.

HLR618w
post #155 of 848 Old 12-26-2008, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetesq View Post

HLR618w

Thanks for the information. I'll get your report included soon.

FYI: The edit button also has a delete option which I use when I mess up a post.
post #156 of 848 Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 AM

Several days ago, Chad B calibrated my Panasonic 50PZ800U plasma. I thought the THX mode looked pretty good out of the box, but I decided to have it calibrated anyway because I plan on having this set for a while and wanted to get the optimal picture out of it.

The results look great! The blacks look so much deeper and darker now, and the colors definitely look more natural after the calibration. My TV had an oversaturation of red out of the box, but now the colors look fantastic. All the images are very sharp.

Chad B did a great job and comes highly recommended from me.
post #157 of 848 Old 12-27-2008, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreds7 View Post

Several days ago, Chad B calibrated my Panasonic 50PZ800U plasma.

Thanks for your report. I've reposted it in an owner's thread where others will have a better chance to read it.

New Panasonic THX Certified 42PZ800U, 46PZ800U, and 50PZ800U Thread!
post #158 of 848 Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreds7 View Post

Chad B did a great job and comes highly recommended from me.

I passed your post to my brother. He plans to calibrate his Panasonic plasma. Not sure if the model is the same as yours. But I believe your recommendation is a good reference.
post #159 of 848 Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I just had Chuck Williams calibrate my Pan ax200u today. I'm very happy with the results.

post #160 of 848 Old 01-05-2009, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 44
ss4vegita just completed the CRT array shimming mod on his WS 65807 after lots of back-and-forth on thread with me on his situation, with huge results! He couldn't be happier.

See his post #4500 at this thread. I reply a couple of posts later, among other things giving credit to the originator of the mod itself -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...95922&page=150

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

post #161 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Here's the ISF calibration report for my Panasonic TH-46PZ800U plasma(should I also post this somewhere else for easier access?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2213859...7612063712960/
post #162 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnES1 View Post

Here's the ISF calibration report for my Panasonic TH-46PZ800U plasma(should I also post this somewhere else for easier access?)

He took it OUT of THX mode? Read too WARM in THX mode? Not sure which review but the reviewers found THX mode w/ WARM to the be the closest to D65. But everyone has a different system for this I guess. Was he using a disk form a BD player over HDMI for the patterns? Or was he using a signal generator of some kind plugged into the TV in some way? HDMI? Component?

Hmmm.... Interresting.

Thank you VERY much for posting this. I own the PZ85 (It's little brother) and the Gamut coordinates are very interresting to me.

C.

Panasonic 42" Plasma TH42-PZ85U
Panasonic Blueray Player DMP-BD35
Sony 5.1 Home Theater DAV-HDX475 (wish it was Panasonic but it's ok)
post #163 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Yes. The owner's thread for your model is the best place.
post #164 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes. The owner's thread for your model is the best place.

Thanks, I've had my ISF calibration report up for several days at what is deemed the 'Official' Panasonic 800U owners thread linked to in post #157 of this thread.
post #165 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvearl View Post

He took it OUT of THX mode? Read too WARM in THX mode? Not sure which review but the reviewers found THX mode w/ WARM to the be the closest to D65. But everyone has a different system for this I guess. Was he using a disk form a BD player over HDMI for the patterns? Or was he using a signal generator of some kind plugged into the TV in some way? HDMI? Component?

Hmmm.... Interresting.

Thank you VERY much for posting this. I own the PZ85 (It's little brother) and the Gamut coordinates are very interresting to me.

C.

I had him work on both THX and Custom modes, the Custom came out best. He used the full Sencore system-sensor on the screen, laptop, signal generator, input through HDMI. The equipment along with his training, etc. is described at his site:

http://www.coastcalibration.com

As you stated, something's wrong-either the pro reviewers got doctored up sets or??? because we're all getting unacceptably low out of the box readings when we have these ISF'd. My set looks WAY different now, my test is the flames of a wildfire-I assure you it's dialed in now...
post #166 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks, I've had my ISF calibration report up for several days at what is deemed the 'Official' Panasonic 800U owners thread linked to in post #157 of this thread.

The first two post in this thread contain links to owner's reports about their reactions to having a professional calibration done. If you feel like posting that kind of information in the thread for your display, I would be happy to include it in the flat panel (Post#2) list.

Enjoy.
post #167 of 848 Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The first two post in this thread contain links to owner's reports about their reactions to having a professional calibration done. If you feel like posting that kind of information in the thread for your display, I would be happy to include it in the flat panel (Page#2) list.

Enjoy.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that! Bill Hergonson(my ISF calibrator) said it was ok for me to post the calibration report as long as I whited out the service menu adjustment numbers-which I've done(along with my name/address, and travel expenses/tip)
post #168 of 848 Old 01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

New report on the repairs I do to the 510/610/710 Pioneer Elite - and non-Elite versions - line from '99-'00, from another very happy owner.

This resoldering of the PS board has been restoring completely stable operations on these sets for years now, from intermittent problems condition to completely reliable operation again.

The PS board gets restored to its original design state, and set back in stone where it shoulda been all along, since the solder job on it had not been done correctly in production before going out of the factory. Which is the impeccable design state where the rest of the boards in there - and there are many - always have been all these years. Just like in all other CRT RPTV brands, which have never had any problems. Each has many boards in there, all of which have to work flawlessly with each other at all times, and which do. On all sets, not just CRT sets. All HDreadys are incredibly complex units, with incredibly complex and ultra high level electronics in them. The fixed pixel Mit DLPs have 8 layer boards!

This weakness of the PS board in this series is just a bump in the road, and relatively inexpensive to fix. The restoration of these boards puts these awesome Pioneer sets with the classic black piano lacquer finish back on the road again, from then on. They just keep going, and going, and going...

Whenever possible, this usually also results in a calibration of the unit, resulting in better than new performance, as these sets are only at cruising age, and are still capable of amazing pictures and flawless HD rendition. Part of this report is the owner's hopping on the bandwagon of my upcoming cal tour, hitting his area soon -

Contact me directly if your unit from that vintage is having intermittent problems, and I'll take care of that for you. Directly, not by pm, please -

Post #1637 at this thread -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post15570632

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #169 of 848 Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 AM

Had my LCD calibrated by Lee Gallagher. It went just the way I had wanted. He went through all of the settings with me and what every settings will do to the picture. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the Arizona area that needs this to be done. Professionalism at its best i would say. The whole experience was good, and I would have it done again.
post #170 of 848 Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post

New report on the repairs I do to the 510/610/710 Pioneer Elite - and non-Elite versions - line from '99-'00, from another very happy owner.

This resoldering of the PS board has been restoring completely stable operations on these sets for years now, from intermittent problems condition to completely reliable operation again.

The PS board gets restored to its original design state, and set back in stone where it shoulda been all along, since the solder job on it had not been done correctly in production before going out of the factory. Which is the impeccable design state where the rest of the boards in there - and there are many - always have been all these years. Just like in all other CRT RPTV brands, which have never had any problems. Each has many boards in there, all of which have to work flawlessly with each other at all times, and which do. On all sets, not just CRT sets. All HDreadys are incredibly complex units, with incredibly complex and ultra high level electronics in them. The fixed pixel Mit DLPs have 8 layer boards!

This weakness of the PS board in this series is just a bump in the road, and relatively inexpensive to fix. The restoration of these boards puts these awesome Pioneer sets with the classic black piano lacquer finish back on the road again, from then on. They just keep going, and going, and going...

Whenever possible, this usually also results in a calibration of the unit, resulting in better than new performance, as these sets are only at cruising age, and are still capable of amazing pictures and flawless HD rendition. Part of this report is the owner's hopping on the bandwagon of my upcoming cal tour, hitting his area soon -

Contact me directly if your unit from that vintage is having intermittent problems, and I'll take care of that for you. Directly, not by pm, please -

Post #1637 at this thread -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post15570632

Mr Bob

Could you give details/dates of your upcoming Cal tour?
post #171 of 848 Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry728 View Post

Could you give details/dates of your upcoming Cal tour?

The NE cal tour, for NY, NJ and surrounding areas, is being shifted from the original instigator to one of the participants, because of the original guy being an accountant and this being one of his busiest times of the year. It's still very much happening, tho.

As far as Long Beach goes, I have no plans to be down there right now, but would love to come down, if you want to send me a plane ticket. OAK to your area is super cheap, a well traveled air corridor. No tour is really necessary when you are so closeby to me, tho it's always more fun, the more the merrier!

Contact me directly if you'd like to put that together -

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #172 of 848 Old 01-20-2009, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdud21 View Post

Had my LCD calibrated by Lee Gallagher. It went just the way I had wanted. He went through all of the settings with me and what every settings will do to the picture. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the Arizona area that needs this to be done. Professionalism at its best i would say. The whole experience was good, and I would have it done again.

Can you post your comments in the thread for owner's of your model display. That way more interested viewers will have a chance to read it.

Let me know when you do so that I can link to it there.

Enjoy.
post #173 of 848 Old 01-20-2009, 01:32 PM

Had my Mitsu 65833 calibrated by Dave at Avical last week and am beyond satisfied. I've already lost hours of sleep from rewatching some of my movies.

I found Dave through the forums and picked him from all the good reviews. It also helped that he's local to me. Came right on time and got to work.

Dave spent a good deal of time calibrating the gray levels, which he said were skewed toward blue. I was previously experiencing a lot of noise, green push, and pink tinted whites. I even tried the DVE Blu Ray version myself. Now all those problems are gone and everything just looks a lot better.

It took a bit of getting used to at first since I was used to settings that looked "good" to me. After spending a bit of time just watching tv or movies, you start noticing things you didn't before.

If it wasn't clear already, I highly recommend Avical for the awesome job they do.
post #174 of 848 Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTANertive View Post

Had my Mitsu 65833 calibrated by Dave at Avical last week and am beyond satisfied.

Thanks for the calibration report. I've reposted it in the owner's thread and then added a link to that post in the list (Post#1) for RPTV sets in this thread.

Enjoy.
post #175 of 848 Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post

The NE cal tour, for NY, NJ and surrounding areas, is being shifted from the original instigator to one of the participants, because of the original guy being an accountant and this being one of his busiest times of the year. It's still very much happening, tho.

As far as Long Beach goes, I have no plans to be down there right now, but would love to come down, if you want to send me a plane ticket. OAK to your area is super cheap, a well traveled air corridor. No tour is really necessary when you are so closeby to me, tho it's always more fun, the more the merrier!

Contact me directly if you'd like to put that together -

b

I asked because when I saw "cal tour" I thought of california not claibration. I am still thinking if I want to do another calibration or get a new tv.
post #176 of 848 Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry728 View Post

I asked because when I saw "cal tour" I thought of california not claibration. I am still thinking if I want to do another calibration or get a new tv.

If what you have is CRT tech, I'd recommend getting it tits'd out rather than buying new. You can't get them anymore. They still provide some of the best HD out there, with none of the growing pains a lot of fixed pixel is still going thru.

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #177 of 848 Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 AM

I want to recommend

Zygmunt Wojewoda
Perfect Home Theater
617-965-6984

As a good calibrator for Sony SXRD displays.
I am a video producer and have a large screen Sony XSRD 50" display. I use it regularly to review client material, as the last step in providing solutions. It has been great, but the tone range has never seemed right. I engaged the services of Perfect TV, Mr Zygmunt Wojewoda, a certified calibrator.

He spent over 5 hours calibrating the TV, very deliberately and carefully adjusting all the picture parameters. The result was better than I had hoped.

I have renewed confidence in the set for critical evaluation of both HD and SD image.

I would not hesitate to recommend Zygmunt to perform critical TV calibration.
post #178 of 848 Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvogt@comcas View Post

I want to recommend Zygmunt Wojewoda ...

I've reposted your comments in the owner's thread for the A2000. I've also added a link to that post in the list (Post#1) for A2000 calibrations that's in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for the report.
post #179 of 848 Old 01-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Liked: 11
These are the results of a "Rescue Calibration" performed by Rayjr on my Sony KDS-R60XBR1. I call it a rescue calibration because the initial calibration was done by a total amateur who advertised himself as a professional. He ran one test with a sensor and a couple of tests by eye and gave me no reports. After posting how unhappy I was with the way I was treated, Rayjr offered to come in and do a real calibration.

These are the results of the original guy's so-called calibration. This is not the report he gave me, as he didn't issue a report (looking at it, I can see why). These are the initial measurements by Rayjr.

Attachment 131195

Apparently, this is what the first guy considered to be a flat response.

These are the results after Rayjr's much more thorough (ie, he actually used multiple sensor tests and multiple "by eye" tests) results. They are pretty much night and day.

Attachment 131196

A big, big thanks to Rayjr. If anyone else in the Los Angeles area is considering a calibration, I would totally recommend him. Unlike the first guy, Rayjr made sure I was involved every step of the way. I mostly watch TV in the dark, so he came at night (the other guy wouldn't work past 5:00pm and said that all of the light leaking into the room from outdoors "Wouldn't make any difference"). If I thought Rayjr might do something better, he'd say "Ok, let's see if your way works, if not, we'll bring it back to my way" instead of "No, that's not going to make any difference... besides, this model doesn't have a service menu anyway."

Kudos!

Brandon Before.pdf 95.0517578125k . file

Brandon After.pdf 90.84375k . file
post #180 of 848 Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post

These are the results of a "Rescue Calibration" performed by Rayjr on my Sony KDS-R60XBR1.

I've reposted your report in the owner's thread for your model. Then I added a link to the RPTV (Post#1) list in this thread.

Thanks for the report.

Enjoy.
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Sony Kds 55a2000 Kds55a2000 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page