Samsung LCD calibration misstep - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 136 Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For Samsung TVs, where is the factory data within the service menu stored? On what part(s) of the TV? If I messed something up in the service menu, replacing what part(s) would restore the service menu fully?

In other words, the service menu and its contents/data exist on what serviceable part(s) within the TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 136 Old 11-30-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb123 View Post

For Samsung TVs, where is the factory data within the service menu stored? On what part(s) of the TV? If I messed something up in the service menu, replacing what part(s) would restore the service menu fully?

In other words, the service menu and its contents/data exist on what serviceable part(s) within the TV?

???if you mess setting in your service menu all you got do is recalibrate the inputs and stop F@#king with it
there no backup of the service menu of your tv anywhere and and there is no way to access the internal memory and swap files
but you find how let me know

yes you could replace the tv cca (circuit card assembly ) were setting r store in theory, but still going to need calibration period
if you need help to put your service menus the way it was ,,,post model ,not serial and what is wrong
post #123 of 136 Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 PM

I finally had time to try to fix my crazy contrast control. I was one of those users who accidentally activated HDMI CALIBRATION. I didn't make any other adjustments other than accidentally activating HDMI Calibration in the service menu.

Even after using the checkerboard pattern mentioned earlier here my contrast control was acting crazy. The picture would alternate from bright to dark with each press of the contrast control.

Here is what fixed it on my LN-T5281F.
Go to the SVP-LX submenu in the service menu. My Roffset, Goffset, and Boffset were all set to 50388. Set them all to 68 which is the default setting in the service manual. Yes, that's 50388 to 68, big difference.
My RGain, GGain, and BGain were set to 29600. Set them to 294.
These figures will later change after you do your HDMI activation, but still be in the ballpark of these adjusted figures. Not the crazy figures in the thousands.

Go do the HDMI calibration after you setup the correct checkerboard.

Previously the HDMI calibration process would take about 1 minute with the picture altering between different tints. With the adjusted figures the HDMI calibration process took about 3 seconds, maybe less.

My contrast control works like normal again and as far as I can tell the TV is totally back to normal. When you exit the Service Menu and restart your TV you'll need to reset your picture settings again but that should be relatively easy.

Hope this helps anyone stuck with the same problem.
post #124 of 136 Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD500 View Post

I finally had time to try to fix my crazy contrast control. I was one of those users who accidentally activated HDMI CALIBRATION. I didn't make any other adjustments other than accidentally activating HDMI Calibration in the service menu.

Even after using the checkerboard pattern mentioned earlier here my contrast control was acting crazy. The picture would alternate from bright to dark with each press of the volume control.

Here is what fixed it on my LN-T5281F.
Go to the SVP-LX submenu in the service menu. My Roffset, Goffset, and Boffset were all set to 50388. Set them all to 68 which is the default setting in the service manual. Yes, that's 50388 to 68, big difference.
My RGain, GGain, and BGain were set to 29600. Set them to 294.
These figures will later change after you do your HDMI activation, but still be in the ballpark of these adjusted figures. Not the crazy figures in the thousands.

Go do the HDMI calibration after you setup the correct checkerboard.

Previously the HDMI calibration process would take about 1 minute with the picture altering between different tints. With the adjusted figures the HDMI calibration process took about 3 seconds, maybe less.

My contrast control works like normal again and as far as I can tell the TV is totally back to normal. When you exit the Service Menu and restart your TV you'll need to reset your picture settings again but that should be relatively easy.

Hope this helps anyone stuck with the same problem.

way of goglad you solved the nightmare
finally you can get some rest
now tomorrow make a guide video in you tube tiled {how to hack your samsung tv and get free services and better picture quality with your remote}
note={foolprooffffffffffffif something go wrong just do a factory reset to get everything back to normal}
is a 100% guaranty that any body who enter that code ,will mess up the Christmas for he,she or the whole family!!!
that right there cul be one biggest act of terrorist ever made
escaping from mortar rounds and dogging side road bombs in Iraq is a lot easier than that really evil service menu
post #125 of 136 Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 AM

hi,, please help me
display calibration?????? SAMSUNG UA40D5500
my tv is patient
please help me
post #126 of 136 Old 12-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante6 View Post

hi,, please help me
display calibration?????? SAMSUNG UA40D5500
my tv is patient
please help me

ok what happened ? you screwup or just want to improve the image
post #127 of 136 Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 AM

hi,
problem is on my color
the black color is very black and the color is very dark
i think, calibration is wrong but i don't know what's number is true??/
i'm irani and here anybody haven't sceince because this model is new in my country all the store do'nt know ,, redoffset and greenoffset and....
ithink there are is false...
thanks
post #128 of 136 Old 12-06-2011, 06:57 AM

post #129 of 136 Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 PM

i have samsung ue40d5500 and i have problem!!!
i started of mistake av calibration in service menu and got it fail.. and now picture is very dark. what can i do to fixit?? others calibration for pc hdmi and comp is ok!! digital chanels are ok but analog chanels are katastrof!!! some help please am desperate..
post #130 of 136 Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 AM

hello guys can you help me with my service menu settings for LE40B650. I messed up the white balance settings in ADC/WB. My white balance settings are
Sub Brightness 128
Sub Contrast 128
all of the others are 512. Can you tell me are those the right one`s cause i think i loose a lil bit of detail in the dark areas. Thanks in advance.

P.S - HDMI calibration is success btw just tell me what are the right numbers for the White balance options in the service menu
post #131 of 136 Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haan101 View Post

Same stupid fool here.
Give your wife a kiss from me...

I don't think that's very appropriate, lol.
post #132 of 136 Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM

anyone know how to get the checkerboard pattern to stay on the screen for hdmi calibration? I can cycle through them but once i select it, it goes away while i hop into the adc menu.

I've tried some other patterns via my ps3 both on 720p and 1080p (i believe 720p is the correct pattern and output) I've also tried in full rgb and limited but on all occasions all the settings are still wrong despite getting success on all tried methods and patterns.

So i assume i must use the image in the service menu but it won't stay on screen once i exit the sub menu..

Any ideas? My model is an Le22d450g1.

The pattern in the service menu seems to have smaller squares than the onces i've used previously, I'm guessing this is why despite success it's still off.
post #133 of 136 Old 12-21-2012, 05:50 PM

Liked: 11
I did the same and screwed up my HDMI calibration, I tried this pattern http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9644/checkerboardsamsung.jpg and it did good to my TV.
First time I tried, it did not work that was because I had this picture in fullscreen mode in my laptop's screen.
Then I tried extending my screen into my TV fully blown up. and tried the calibration again, and that was the trick. Hope this helps.

Regards.
post #134 of 136 Old 06-30-2013, 09:48 PM

Just joining the chorus of thanks to Wifey_Sherriff for post #88 in this thread! This worked like a dream in our situation.

We just bought a brand new Sony Blu-Ray player (BDPS3100) and when hooking it up to our TV (Samsung LN-T4061F, circa 2007), found that it would just show the "Sony Blu-Ray" screen for a few seconds when turned on and then go to the standard "No signal found" screen when a device is off (even though it wasn't). Tried multiple HDMI ports, etc.

Somewhere on some thread on the Internet, I read the suggestion to try upgrading the firmware of the Samsung TV. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT DO THIS. That's where all of our trouble began... :P In other threads, Samsung tech support reports telling people they should never do this themselves, despite the fact that there are no warnings on their website, and they even have a frigging video telling you how to do it, etc.

ANYWAY... I digress.

After the firmware upgrade, all of the colours were completely screwy, like some psychedelic 60s acid trip... bright pinks and greens and yellows where dull neutral colours should've been. I found the solution at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1023759/trouble-after-upgrading-firmware-on-samsung-ln-t4061f#post_13743593 — entering the Service Menu and switching "Lvds Tx Fmt" from JEIDA to VESA. Worked like a champ!

However, on my way in to do that, I went and blundered into the same calibration setting as Wifey_Sherriff... I'm not sure what was on the screen at the point that I selected it, but the DVD player now had a blue-green hue that was impossible to get rid of. frown.gif That is, until I found this incredibly helpful thread!! biggrin.gif I downloaded the checker board graphic to a USB key, stuck that in the Blu-Ray player, went to the Photo section and displayed it there (waited until the menu bar disappeared) when re-selecting HDMI calibration. Hooray! Working again! biggrin.gif

Incidentally, holding the "Stop" button of the Sony player in for 10 seconds after powering it on was what ended up solving my original problem, and had this just been in the frigging Blu-Ray troubleshooting manual I could've saved myself 3 hours of stress. :P But it was a good learning experience, so there's that. smile.gif

Thanks so much for this forum!
post #135 of 136 Old 08-04-2013, 07:57 AM

Hello

I have Samsung UE26EH4000. Familiar story... I tampered service menu, activate the AV calibration and everything went to hell.

I did a HDMI calibration without any problems - combined the TV and PC and use simple 720x576 checkerboard (only with them calibration successfully passed).

But, AV calibration constantly failure. I use Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EH57 and scart cable/connection. I've tried all the possible checkerboards variants, but all failed. Purple dice make just one jump and stops. After aprox. 30 seconds failure info appear.
On the other hand, I didnt wrote the factory defaults for ADC Target (and 1st_Y_GL is grayed).

Do you have any new advice, suggestion?

Someone mentioned Test pattern in Service menu to be used for calibration. Yes, i have in SM 15 different test patterns. But how to use them? Test pattern gone from screen when i pressed return (have to do to get started AV calibration, right?)

Whether re-insertion of the factory eeprom helps in this situation?

Thanks in advance!
post #136 of 136 Old 09-17-2014, 04:06 AM

Looking for PN60F8500 ADC Result data.

So I am in the same boat as so many on this thread. I need the values for the "ADC Result" menu for a Samsung PN60F8500. I swear i didn't change them! I have a green tint to all video input and so I started just looking to see if there were any red flags. I noticed 2nd_G_L had a value of 130, the nest highest on the list was 69 so I figure that can't be right. adjusting it help a lot but I really want to put the original values in. If anyone can post a shot of their unaltered one I would really appreciate it.

(o n another note... I also noticed that my model number in the "contact Samsung" menu is PN51F8500. My TV is a PN60F8500. not sure why it says that. any ideas?)
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page