Samsung Calibration Failure - Page 4 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 215 Old 10-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have samsung LN22B350 , I entered in service menu and AV calibration is showing failure. I tried to calibrate with 4*4 and 8*8 checkerboard but no success.

Can anyone tell me what r the default setting or anyone have service manual for the same or where can I get it?

Please let me know procedure to calibrate it?

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 215 Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurkosdr View Post

I also accidentally pressed the "AV Calibration" option in the "Calibration" submenu, and now I 've got a "Failure" too. I hadn't any source connected and on, so the screen was all black when I did this.

Did this affected the picture quality I am getting?

If it is not, then I have no problem if it just says the word "Failure" instead of the word "Success" in the obscure service menu.

If it affected something, tell me what this was please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero HD View Post

I did this too (stupid), I was unable to use the patterns posted here, but a pattern on the AVCHD disc available here on my PS3 fixed my HDMI, guess it had to be 1920x1080, black checker box first in top left hand corner. I'm assuming I can fix the comp as well, and maybe AV using the PS3 analog cables, but what about TV? i dont have any devices with an RF connector and there is no option for DTV (ATSC), any ideas?

BTW, there are patterns built into the TV, including a checkerboard pattern and the color bars for the NTSC low def sources under FRCM called patt-before and patt-after, click right on the remote dpad to scroll through 6 different patterns on each, 12 in total. But I can't use these AND go into the ADC menu to calibrate using these images to get a "success".

So far I have gotten HDMI "success" and it looks great, but would like help getting TV (cable?) to display success, it is a bit off I think... And if I could find a way to display the patterns, would I use the NTSC color bars? I just have low def cable TV, and does HDMI "success" really calibrate the ATSC DTV tuner too? There isn't an option in the ADC calibration menu for ATSC.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindi_boy View Post

am using a a650 samsung,

i did this stupid mistake by mistake i didn't even want to click anything except return but big fingers do wonders!!!!

anyways i've been trying to run the test again but i can't as in it does not run the calibration procedure again. it's stuck on failure. anyone knows what should i press to make it run the procedure ?

i really don't want to call samsung over this.

forgot to say it's the HDMI one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijkhuis92 View Post

Ok,

I joined the Samsung service menu calibration failure club. I clicked on the av calibration and was so stupid to press left. My av calibrations now says failure.

I did some research, and according to page 4-27 of the Service manual (valid for (all?) LE**B5**, LE**B6** and LE**B7** models) the required test patterns are:

My question is: does anyone know what these Lattice patterns are? Does anyone have confirmed working lattice patterns for one of the models specified above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy_nsk View Post

Hi,

I have samsung LN22B350 , I entered in service menu and AV calibration is showing failure. I tried to calibrate with 4*4 and 8*8 checkerboard but no success.

Can anyone tell me what r the default setting or anyone have service manual for the same or where can I get it?

Please let me know procedure to calibrate it?

Cheers,

I have the same issue with my Samsung LE46B750U1W...
I press by my fault the AV Calibration button and the process started...
Now i got the worst view i have ever seen on analog channels...
I did the patterns that are mentioned in this thread but with no success...
Please i need a help from all of you because i have this TV only 5 days and i am pretty sad for all this mess...
Please any further way to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance!
post #93 of 215 Old 11-24-2009, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachtus View Post

I have the same issue with my Samsung LE46B750U1W...
I press by my fault the AV Calibration button and the process started...
Now i got the worst view i have ever seen on analog channels...
I did the patterns that are mentioned in this thread but with no success...
Please i need a help from all of you because i have this TV only 5 days and i am pretty sad for all this mess...
Please any further way to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance!

For analog input calibration you don't use the black white checker board pattern, but a color bar pattern. You have to calibrate each input type individually.
post #94 of 215 Old 11-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Ok, I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I stumbled across this thread. When I accessed the service menu to turn the CE dimming off, I must have accidentally triggered the HDMI calibration, which is now on "failure."

(I'll pause here to say that we can skip the part where I get flamed by tech-savvy guys for messing with the service menu. Fine, I'm an idiot. Now, let's get to the specific problem at hand

So, I've downloaded the two different checker patterns here people used to recalibrate HDMI. I changed them to 1920x1080, then used my PS3 to display them. No dice. The calibration still results in failure. My TV model is a Samsung 52" 750B. The only problem I'm experiencing is the same one someone else in this thread did with his Samsung - namely, that things are significantly-darker than they were before.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.
post #95 of 215 Old 11-26-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTTiger View Post

Ok, I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I stumbled across this thread. When I accessed the service menu to turn the CE dimming off, I must have accidentally triggered the HDMI calibration, which is now on "failure."

(I'll pause here to say that we can skip the part where I get flamed by tech-savvy guys for messing with the service menu. Fine, I'm an idiot. Now, let's get to the specific problem at hand

So, I've downloaded the two different checker patterns here people used to recalibrate HDMI. I changed them to 1920x1080, then used my PS3 to display them. No dice. The calibration still results in failure. My TV model is a Samsung 52" 750B. The only problem I'm experiencing is the same one someone else in this thread did with his Samsung - namely, that things are significantly-darker than they were before.

OK, I was actually able to fix this myself, believe it or not. The trick was inverting a 1920x1080 version of the checkerboard so that the upper-left square was black, rather than white. So, for anyone who makes this same blunder, and has a B750, this should work.
post #96 of 215 Old 11-27-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappend View Post

For analog input calibration you don't use the black white checker board pattern, but a color bar pattern. You have to calibrate each input type individually.

I have the LCD Samsung LE46B750U1W...
Can anybody suggest me a PAL pattern in order to calibrate my AV Calibration failure?
I am desperate!
Please!
post #97 of 215 Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:

OK, I was actually able to fix this myself, believe it or not. The trick was inverting a 1920x1080 version of the checkerboard so that the upper-left square was black, rather than white. So, for anyone who makes this same blunder, and has a B750, this should work.

Just want to second this way of fixing it. I have a LN46B750 and I made the same blunder except it was my Component setting. I inverted the checkerboard like you did so the upper left square is black, then set my WDTV Live to 720p and displayed it there. It then succeeded in the service menu (and I got the hell out of there FAST after that ).

The checkerboard I used is attached for anyone else with a LN46B750. It might even work on the entire B750 line.
LL
post #98 of 215 Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 AM

great info
post #99 of 215 Old 01-04-2010, 03:48 AM

Been there also and won with B550. My misstep was unfortunate turning of calibration of AV canal. After few weeks of fighting I've did calibrate thing successfully.

Recipe:
I've plugged my PC to the TV via AV input. To achieve this I've used composite output from my GPU (3 cables output), and plugged Y cable o AV input. This gave black/white vision but it was enough as pattern that gave me success was b/w 8x8 checkerboard (could not include link but this pattern is mentioned on the third page of this thread by 'kindis_boy' - there is a link). Checkerboard has to be magnified to fullscrean (I've used 'irfan' to do this) and flipped so upper left corner was black square. Following calibration did turn successful.

Happy new year!!

PS. During this fight I've also managed to misscalibrate PC canal, but the same checkerboard (flipped) and of course connected via PC input did helped also. Thus I suppose that this pattern did fit for all other canals.

PPS. I live in Europe so is using PAL system, but I think this is irrelevant.

PPPS. I submit my case because this thread was most helpful for me.
post #100 of 215 Old 01-17-2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the info here because I was able to calibrate the av/rf input that got descalibrated due to my random service menu tweaking.
i just used the "b750checkerboard.jpg" in fullscreen but I needed to resize it to my output resolution (720x576).
thanks again
The tv is a LE40B750 sq01
post #101 of 215 Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan925 View Post

Just want to second this way of fixing it. I have a LN46B750 and I made the same blunder except it was my Component setting. I inverted the checkerboard like you did so the upper left square is black, then set my WDTV Live to 720p and displayed it there. It then succeeded in the service menu (and I got the hell out of there FAST after that ).

The checkerboard I used is attached for anyone else with a LN46B750. It might even work on the entire B750 line.

Thanks guys, inverting the black for the white worked. I think this work for the newer LCD/LED TV, Mine is an LED and it worked. Took less than two seconds for it to become "successful".

Before this pattern, there would be a little block in the middle of the screen and it would not move anywhere. With this pattern it seems to fly across the screen to calibrate correctly.

This thread has been very helpful, let me spread this idea over to the other one.
post #102 of 215 Old 04-21-2010, 12:47 AM

Thans all.Solved my Av calibration fail.i m very very happy
post #103 of 215 Old 06-15-2010, 04:18 AM

hi everybody
i have a samsung 40b650. in service menu component calibratoin is failure.i use "b/w 8x8 checkerboard" and "invert b/w 8x8 checkerboard" but steel failure.
anybody can help me thx
post #104 of 215 Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 AM

Me to i use 8in8 no fix but steel failure
post #105 of 215 Old 07-21-2010, 07:45 AM

My Model is Samsung 26c450e1 and its showing av calibration failure what to do
post #106 of 215 Old 08-11-2010, 07:16 PM

Mine is LNT4661F, I too have Calibration -> HDMI failure.
The patterns that was attached in this thread did not help.
Is that because the pattern was not 1080p size?
post #107 of 215 Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 AM

Ok, once I flipped the pattern attached, HDMI Calibration now shows success.
But the brightness and colour if OFF. I used the Calibration DVD/MP4 from this forum and got the contrast and brightness fixed. But it is not the same as before.

Thanks.
post #108 of 215 Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggvrsn View Post

Ok, once I flipped the pattern attached, HDMI Calibration now shows success.
But the brightness and colour if OFF. I used the Calibration DVD/MP4 from this forum and got the contrast and brightness fixed. But it is not the same as before.

Thanks.

Using the pattern probably reset TV to factory defaults and will need
to be readjusted with DVD and blue filter or recalibrate with DVD and
meter to get back to where you were.
post #109 of 215 Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloleone View Post

Thans all.Solved my Av calibration fail.i m very very happy

pabloleone,
I too have the av calibration failure. Could you please tell me what you did to resolve it? Some threads say that you need the color bars and the above used the b&W chess pattern. Also, how did you generate which ever image you used and how did you connect it to the TV?
Yours and any others input greatly appreciated!
Tom
post #110 of 215 Old 01-28-2011, 06:28 AM

Marked to read later
post #111 of 215 Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkaz View Post

pabloleone,
I too have the av calibration failure. Could you please tell me what you did to resolve it? Some threads say that you need the color bars and the above used the b&W chess pattern. Also, how did you generate which ever image you used and how did you connect it to the TV?
Yours and any others input greatly appreciated!
Tom

I read the many posts here and on other forums to try to fix my blunder of initiating the calibration of the AV channel on my UNC6300. Here's what I tried, but was not able to get "success", and my dim/dark AV and SD cable channel image issue remains.
Here's what I tried...
I hooked up my BD/DVD player to the AV input channel on the TV via the single yellow video line. Set the source of the TV to AV and then put a USB stick in the player which had several patterns. I tried to do the calibration with the checkerboard pattern that was as posted in this thread; black in upper left and resized to 1920x1080 - no luck. I then tried several NTSC color bar patters; color from left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top - still no success.
When I initiate the AV calibration feature, a small magenta square comes on near the center of the screen. It comes on and sometimes moves slightly to the right, stays there while the AV calibration line says "wait". After a minute or two, it just says failure.
I did have one pattern (color bars) where it performed the calibration, and after a minute or two the TV shut down. I was hoping that I would see success, but when I restarted the TV the dim/dark channels remained and still had failure in the service menu on the AV Calibration line.
So that's where I am. Any help greatly appreciated!
Tom
post #112 of 215 Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM

This is the calibration pattern found in the TV test program (pattern #6 under MSTAR). Made using a combination of Windows Paint and Photoshop CS4. I think this is the test pattern created by the calibration hardware used by Samsung. It fixes the calibration error that's for sure.

I used the Full RGB color space option in the PS3 to run this. It ended up giving me RGB_offset numbers of 112 and RGB_gain numbers of 145 on my 40 incher.

The resolution on this is 1080p.
LL
post #113 of 215 Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 PM

I figured out what the values in the ADC target section are for finally. The "delta" value seems to be a margin of error, while the high and low values correspond to "expected" calibration values. Basically when it runs the calibration, the offset and gain values are the amount that the set has to adjust to reach the expected calibration RGB values. This means that you should be using a calibration pattern with the expected values. The black should be made up of the RGB value listed under "Low" and the white should be made up of the "High" value. So let's say it says 1 for low and 235 for high under ADC Target. The checkerboard's white should be 235,235,235 and the black should be 1,1,1. I fixed my TV this way and colors are bright and vibrant again.

Also, this can be verified by looking at the AV and Comp values. The Comp is set at 16 and 235 for low and high respectively -- the exact color space in RGB of component video.
post #114 of 215 Old 02-14-2011, 03:22 AM

hi, every one
i have samsung UA46B6000 LED TV,and by mistake i go to the av calibration from service manu and now it display the av calibration fail. so, how can i do the av calibration success.
post #115 of 215 Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 AM

Dear Experts and all friends,

I have bought my Samsung LCD LA32B450 some a year back and had calibrated it. I have made no changes in calibration since from the last one year... I want to know that is this necessary that we to make change the calibration setting after some times? OR it does not damage the LCD with the same setting for this long?

I would also like to request for the best Calibration for SD watching channels..

I shall be grateful.
Regards.
post #116 of 215 Old 02-17-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARESHKTANK View Post

hi, every one
i have samsung UA46B6000 LED TV,and by mistake i go to the av calibration from service manu and now it display the av calibration fail. so, how can i do the av calibration success.

Did you manage anything with that?
post #117 of 215 Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Hello,

I too managed to screw up... you know it: accidentally entered the AV Calibration menu, pressed 'back' to get out of it and it started to calibrate (and fail) instead.

I've read through this complete (and very helpful!!) thread, looking for solutions. I've tried the b/w patterns, both the one with the white at top left and the flipped one, with black at top left. I've tried the colour pattern somewhere in this thread from wikipedia.

I got the images on screen though the Wii photo channel through the EXT/RGB input. Also using my fotocamera through the AV1 input. Nothing seems to work on the AV (!) Calibration.

I'm using a 22" UE22C4010. And I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone know what I have missed?

Thank you so much.
post #118 of 215 Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander74 View Post

Hello,

I too managed to screw up... you know it: accidentally entered the AV Calibration menu, pressed 'back' to get out of it and it started to calibrate (and fail) instead.

I've read through this complete (and very helpful!!) thread, looking for solutions. I've tried the b/w patterns, both the one with the white at top left and the flipped one, with black at top left. I've tried the colour pattern somewhere in this thread from wikipedia.

I got the images on screen though the Wii photo channel through the EXT/RGB input. Also using my fotocamera through the AV1 input. Nothing seems to work on the AV (!) Calibration.

I'm using a 22" UE22C4010. And I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone know what I have missed?

Thank you so much.

Hello Outlander74,
I posted previously that I too messed up the AV calibration settings on my UN46C6300. I tried all of the images mentioned and in various orientations and was not able to achieve success. Since my TV was well w/in warrantee, I called Samsung and told them what I had done with the expectation that they would either tell me how to fix it or tell me that someone would come out and fix it for a charge. To Samsung's credit, they scheduled an appointment with a local repair shop that came out with a new main board and changed it out - no charge. They weren't interested in messing around with the settings, nor did they have the signal generators that have been referenced to recalibrate these settings.
For some reason, the digital inputs seem to be able to be recalibrated with the chess board, or other images, but I was not able to acheive success with the AV input. I'm not sure if anyone else w/in this thread was successful with the AV input. Some referenced that they screwed up the hdmi or pc inputs, and some make no mention of which input they screwed up.
You may have to bite the bullet and change out the main board. If it's any consolation, I watched them do it and it was extremely straightforward. If you can use a philips screwdriver to take the back panel and mainboard off, and pull connectors off and put them on, then you have the skills to do the repair in the event you're not still under warrantee. That would save you labor cost at least. If you're still under warrantee, hopefully you'll have the same success as I did and get the fix for free.
Thank you Samsung for fixing my error and not charging me. You have a loyal customer in me and I'll recommend your TV products to those seeking my advice.
post #119 of 215 Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkaz View Post

Hello Outlander74,
I posted previously that I too messed up the AV calibration settings on my UN46C6300. I tried all of the images mentioned and in various orientations and was not able to achieve success. Since my TV was well w/in warrantee, I called Samsung and told them what I had done with the expectation that they would either tell me how to fix it or tell me that someone would come out and fix it for a charge. To Samsung's credit, they scheduled an appointment with a local repair shop that came out with a new main board and changed it out - no charge. They weren't interested in messing around with the settings, nor did they have the signal generators that have been referenced to recalibrate these settings.
For some reason, the digital inputs seem to be able to be recalibrated with the chess board, or other images, but I was not able to acheive success with the AV input. I'm not sure if anyone else w/in this thread was successful with the AV input. Some referenced that they screwed up the hdmi or pc inputs, and some make no mention of which input they screwed up.
You may have to bite the bullet and change out the main board. If it's any consolation, I watched them do it and it was extremely straightforward. If you can use a philips screwdriver to take the back panel and mainboard off, and pull connectors off and put them on, then you have the skills to do the repair in the event you're not still under warrantee. That would save you labor cost at least. If you're still under warrantee, hopefully you'll have the same success as I did and get the fix for free.
Thank you Samsung for fixing my error and not charging me. You have a loyal customer in me and I'll recommend your TV products to those seeking my advice.

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your help. My TV too is still well under warranty (it's about 7 weeks old), so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet too and call Samsung.

Though I still wonder, just like you: did anybody have success in recalibrating the AV input?
post #120 of 215 Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 244
How much does a main board run on one of these Samsungs? With Labor? I'm surprised just replacing it can restore the picture on a Samsung TV. Does this mean all Samsungs of a particular model and panel type all use the same exact settings for ADC Calibrations and white balance?

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Display: Samsung UN46EH6030 LED-LCD TV; Audio: Yamaha HTR-3066 AVR/AMP, Sony Core Bookshelves (Sony SS-CS5) and Center (Sony SS-CS8) as fronts, Cambridge Audio S20 Bookshelves (CA S20-N) as surrounds, Dayton Audio SUB-1200 as subwoofer; Sources: PS4 (doubles as primary BD player), Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Motorola RNG150N (Cable Box)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page