1Likes

post #181 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike kaw View Post
Not good! While checking for my samsung h5000 hours, I accidentally selected av calibration. Now, My tv's colors are now too dark.
I don't want to ruin my warranty and spend on repairs. My question is, what if I leave the setting as failed?
Would my tv's life span get worst by leaving the calibration setting as failed?
I don't see any side effects of leaving the calibration as Failed apart from poor video quality on the AV and Tunner Channels.

Get yourself a couple of hours from your time and try to fix the problem, you can do it quite easily with (almost?) no risk of getting it worse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post
Hi,

I looking for one owner of the Samsung LED UN65F8000 series. Like an idiot I played with my White Balance settings (couple of digits) in the service menu, but I cannot get back to original settings

So I'm looking for someone that can give me the original settings of this item in the service menu.

How to work:
Put the TV on an HDMI input source, Turn TV OFF, then press on the remote: MENU then 1, 8, 2 and in the end POWER to put the Tv on again. The tv is now starting up and service menu will appear in a couple of seconds.

Well now the settings:

Go to ADC/WB -> White Balance.

here you can see some settings like:

Sub Brightness
R Offset
G Offset
B Offset
Sub Contrast
R Gain
G Gain
B Gain

I need the digits behind thos settings.

I need the settings behind ADC/WB -> ADC Results too.

So can someone please send me an e-mail or post it here?

Kind Regards,

Darkvader
Hello,

With the data you requested the values might make your picture better but not optimal, as they are specific to the panel on your TV. Please do a calibration like explained to revert the problem.
post #183 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPulse View Post
Hello,

With the data you requested the values might make your picture better but not optimal, as they are specific to the panel on your TV. Please do a calibration like explained to revert the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPulse View Post
The calibration values are per device, almost as a Serial Number. So, actions like Factory Reset or Firmware Upgrades will not fix the problem. The calibration values remain unchanged.
Is interesting that calibration is specific to the panel, because I have a friend that Samsung end up replacing the panel for a UN65F8000 too, do to very bad uniformity, but they did't replace the board or did any re-calibration, they just put the old board on the new panel.

So if board calibration is specific to the panel, how is that Samsung replace panels without replacing the board or re-calibrating the existing one?

Thanks

Last edited by darkvader001; 08-25-2014 at 12:30 PM.
post #184 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Is interesting that calibration is specific to the panel, because I have a friend that Samsung end up replacing the panel for a UN65F8000 too, do to very bad uniformity, but they did't replace the board or did any re-calibration, they just put the old board on the new panel.

So if board calibration is specific to the panel, how is that Samsung replace panels without replacing the board or re-calibrating the existing one?

Thanks
It seems that your friend might have ended with a not calibrated TV, however, the values didn't differ much for the two panels.
Like I said, copying the values from other TV will not give you optimal results, but it's better than having just a "Failed calibration" I guess.

But to correct me or to support me, I'll let the gurus take it from here.

Regards,
John
post #185 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 253
The panel itself is not calibrated but the electronic components (boards) that feed the display are. If the same type of panel is replaced (Samsung for another Samsung) they should respond very similarly to the components. If the panels are different (Samsung for an Optonics for example) the panel response could be different. That's why copying values from one set to another does not work very well at times, or at all. Board tolerances are different from tv to tv even within the same model and build. Add different panels to that and it can become a real mess.
post #186 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
The panel itself is not calibrated but the electronic components (boards) that feed the display are. If the same type of panel is replaced (Samsung for another Samsung) they should respond very similarly to the components. If the panels are different (Samsung for an Optonics for example) the panel response could be different. That's why copying values from one set to another does not work very well at times, or at all. Board tolerances are different from tv to tv even within the same model and build. Add different panels to that and it can become a real mess.
Well hopefully someone that have a Un65f8000 with a TS01 panel will be kind enought to help me with the numbers. That will be better than nothing.
post #187 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^^^ good luck.
post #188 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
^^^^^ good luck.
One thing I just did is an HDMI Calibration using a 1920 x 1080 .png. 8x8 checkerboard pattern that start with a black box on the left, that give me HDMI Calibration Success in less than 3 seconds.

But the values im asking for, did' t changed. For example the ADC Results first 5 options still show 0.

Do you beleive im using the wrong pattern for calibration?

:-(
post #189 of 203 Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Are you still messing around in the SM?
post #190 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Are you still messing around in the SM?
Well since the values were not right, and for what I have read doing the HDMI calibration is what set the ADC/WB values, I follow some of the instructions I have found around the forums and give it a try. PQ did not took a hit, some I'm assuming I sue the correct pattern at the correct resolution. But none of the values I was expecting to change did.

So I'm still on the hunt for some UN65F8000 numbers for those settings I asked before.
post #191 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Just be very careful and understand that even if you find values, the version number of the board(s) could also affect how those numbers interact with the panel. One set looks great and the other looks like crap. You'd almost have to find a tv with the same version and build number of components to get back to what your factory settings were. I hope you can find values that you can live with.
post #192 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Just be very careful and understand that even if you find values, the version number of the board(s) could also affect how those numbers interact with the panel. One set looks great and the other looks like crap. You'd almost have to find a tv with the same version and build number of components to get back to what your factory settings were. I hope you can find values that you can live with.
I hear you. I guess the question is what make those numbers change? What exactly I need to do (other than calling service tech) to get them to update after the HDMI Calibration is successful. So far HDMI Calibration being successful is not changing them so maybe im missing something on the steps I followed.

The other thing I was hoping was a Firmware update that will update the values. I think someone reply to me that Firmware updates don't update those values, but is worth the try.

Unfortunately I have all the latest update so there is nothing new out there that I can make the TV auto update.

Do you know if there is a way to force a re-install of the latest update that is already install on the TV?

Thanks
post #193 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
I hear you. I guess the question is what make those numbers change? What exactly I need to do (other than calling service tech) to get them to update after the HDMI Calibration is successful. So far HDMI Calibration being successful is not changing them so maybe im missing something on the steps I followed.

The other thing I was hoping was a Firmware update that will update the values. I think someone reply to me that Firmware updates don't update those values, but is worth the try.

Unfortunately I have all the latest update so there is nothing new out there that I can make the TV auto update.

Do you know if there is a way to force a re-install of the latest update that is already install on the TV?

Thanks
the grayscale values for red/green/blue are not affected by anything other than a manual setting.
I never been in a LCD service menu.
I have telneted in to adjust the scale but don't know what the starting values were.

some TVs have a scale for HD and a different scale for SD.
the values should be the same from the factory so if your Tv operates that way, feed it a SD signal and look.

from what I have seen, the service manual will give cut values and gain starting point values and then how to set normal mode using a meter and then add a certain amount to each gain to get the warm/cool values.

where are you located?

Loving D65
post #194 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks
As far as I know those are factory set values that can only come from the factory. That's why it's called the Service Menu. An authorized service technician could probably get the correct values but that's something that most, if not all, tv mfrs will not cover in their warranty or do. Entering the SM voids your warranty in a lot of cases. Firmware updates do not change those values because they are usually held in an area on the mobo that is not affected by the firmware updates.
post #195 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 356
The HDMI ADC calibration procedure on Samsungs only affects the D/D (8 to 10 bit) values (it is purely a bit mapping calibration with no white balance involved since there is no meter to tell the display what the white point of the display is). The only values that will change are the ADC Result values 2nd_R_L, etc. So if you have gotten the "success" talkback you are done, these values are now correct.

The WB values in the service menu are for adjustment only if you have a meter and wish to alter the baseline WB.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #196 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
the grayscale values for red/green/blue are not affected by anything other than a manual setting.
I never been in a LCD service menu.
I have telneted in to adjust the scale but don't know what the starting values were.

some TVs have a scale for HD and a different scale for SD.
the values should be the same from the factory so if your Tv operates that way, feed it a SD signal and look.

from what I have seen, the service manual will give cut values and gain starting point values and then how to set normal mode using a meter and then add a certain amount to each gain to get the warm/cool values.

where are you located?
Thanks for the info, I'm in Florida.
post #197 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
As far as I know those are factory set values that can only come from the factory. That's why it's called the Service Menu. An authorized service technician could probably get the correct values but that's something that most, if not all, tv mfrs will not cover in their warranty or do. Entering the SM voids your warranty in a lot of cases. Firmware updates do not change those values because they are usually held in an area on the mobo that is not affected by the firmware updates.
Those settings are on the t-con board or the main MOBO?
post #198 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
The HDMI ADC calibration procedure on Samsungs only affects the D/D (8 to 10 bit) values (it is purely a bit mapping calibration with no white balance involved since there is no meter to tell the display what the white point of the display is). The only values that will change are the ADC Result values 2nd_R_L, etc. So if you have gotten the "success" talkback you are done, these values are now correct.

The WB values in the service menu are for adjustment only if you have a meter and wish to alter the baseline WB.

So is ok if the values for 1st stuff are 0 like the picture below?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140826_194649_1409102391444.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	231249  

Last edited by darkvader001; 08-26-2014 at 06:21 PM.
post #199 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
yup
those are not color temp values, those are Ycbcr HDMI mapping
values I believe.
for the 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 mapping.

Loving D65
post #200 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Those settings are on the t-con board or the main MOBO?
Don't know.
post #201 of 203 Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
Quote:
yup
those are not color temp values, those are Ycbcr HDMI mapping
values I believe.
for the 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 mapping.
Cool that is good news :-), assuming that my 1920 x 1028 checkerboard 8 x 8, black first left top corner block, was the correct one to use.

What you think?

Thanks a lot for your replies

Last edited by darkvader001; 08-26-2014 at 08:20 PM.
post #202 of 203 Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Calibration Fail on HDMI Samsung H/F Series

Quote:
Cool that is good news :-), assuming that my 1920 x 1028 checkerboard 8 x 8, black first left top corner block, was the correct one to use.

What you think?

Thanks a lot for your replies

Goto this link. http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Calibration

Copy the image as posted to a flash drive. Use a Blu Ray player that reads USB Media. Put the image on the USB Flash Drive. Put the Blu Ray player on the ARC HDMI Port and open the photo in the media portion of your Blu Ray player to display this on the Screen Via HDMI. Then run the test again.

Good Luck

-Mike
post #203 of 203 Old 10-14-2014, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just did this exact same stupid move on my 1 day old 64f8500. after researching around, I found that in the service menu under the SVC tab there are test screens.

These might not be call the same tabs in all samsung tvs but I am pretty sure I have seen test patterns in many samsungs.

mute-1-8-2- pwr
SVC tab
Look for test patterns
scroll through the patterns until you see the checkerboard pattern
select that pattern
go back to the ADC/WB
ADC
hdmi calibration
start the calibration.

Took about 3 seconds and it brought my tv right back to how it was before.

Hope it helps
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page