Color HCFR Calibration Discussion (Post your calibration files here) - Page 98 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm curious what people think about these two files...
These are two of my attempts calibrating my laptop display (mainly for education, and slight use with photos) so... I used 0-255, sRGB, but I stuck with the 2.2 gamma... this is with a DTP94 and letting HCFR generate it's own patterns...

There seem to be a few tradeoffs, and I'm not sure which file is technically a better cal... perceptually they don't seem to differ by much...

Any thoughts are welcome, but bare in mind, this is just with the display driver so the only controls there are are brightness and contrast for RG&B... there is also a gamma for each RGB, but it appears it can only decrease gamma... I see the runout on blue, but with blue contrast already at a min, I'm not sure how else to cure that... or if I have to...

Laptop DTP 8 80 20 RG1.2.zip 10.578125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laptop DTP 8 80 20 RG1.2.zip (10.6 KB, 37 views)

-Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Hi All, again,

Hoping somebody could have a quick look at the attached chc file for my samsung B650 LCD. I'm interested in the "saturation luminance" and "saturation shifts" graphs. I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking at here but I'm concerned that the saturation shifts graph seems to have huge variations in it. Can anyone please provide some guidance/comments on how to interpret this graph.

I'm happy with all other measures and graphs, I've been tweaking it for quite a few weeks on and off and the saturation graphs are the only thing left that I dont really understand.

TIA,

Carl.

Samsung LA32B650 - 75% sat - 16.8.09.zip 5.1845703125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung LA32B650 - 75% sat - 16.8.09.zip (5.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1964 Post(s)
Liked: 560
For those Samsung LCD TV owners out there, do you calibrate in the user menu or service menu and if you use the service menu which values under which sub-menu do you adjust? I have an LN-T1953H with no grayscale, gamma, or CMS controls in the user menu.

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Cambridge S20 Surrounds, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Xfinity X1 (CI CXD01ANI)

Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

For those Samsung LCD TV owners out there, do you calibrate in the user menu or service menu and if you use the service menu which values under which sub-menu do you adjust? I have an LN-T1953H with no grayscale, gamma, or CMS controls in the user menu.

I have a samsung B650 LCD which has both white balance and a full CMS in the user menu. I use the service menu for white balance calibration because I find that it offers finer control and I use the CMS located in the user menu.

For me, the white balance in the service menu is located under advanced, WB movie. I'm pretty sure the service menu on your set will be completely different to mine though.

Do you have a copy of the service manual?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:09 PM

Yes, I have a service manual but both the manual and the service menu itself are confusing as there appear to be multiple grayscale settings all over the place. There is one gamma setting that appears to look best in its original "OFF" position and there are color settings called 6-color which don't appear in the manual due to older firmware in the manual.

Sub-menus include (there are a few others that are not relevant):

Option Byte
White Balance
W/B Movie
Calibration Target
Calibration Value
X242
X242 NTSC
SE6181
Sound
Dynamic Contrast

Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Cambridge S20 Surrounds, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Xfinity X1 (CI CXD01ANI)
Old 08-15-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Yes, I have a service manual but both the manual and the service menu itself are confusing as there appear to be multiple grayscale settings all over the place. There is one gamma setting that appears to look best in its original "OFF" position and there are color settings called 6-color which don't appear in the manual due to older firmware in the manual.

Sub-menus include (there are a few others that are not relevant):

Option Byte
White Balance
W/B Movie
Calibration Target
Calibration Value
X242
X242 NTSC
SE6181
Sound
Dynamic Contrast

Well, if its the same as my B650 then the "White Balance" menu adjusts white balance for dynamic and standard modes (I think) and the "W/B Movie" option adjusts white balance for the movie mode (thats the one I use).

"Calibration Target" and "Calibration Value" are used during the "ADC" automatic panel calibration in the factory. I wouldnt touch those if I were you.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Original
Post Greyscale
Post CMS adjustment (No greyscale adjustments were made, but some contrast/brightness were)

Sharp LC 46SB54U 1080p

HTPC running HCFR was used to measure on an i1 colorimeter. HCFR generated the patterns. 709 was the reference.

Current settings are in the _COLOR files comments.

Any help would be greatly appricated, especially when it comes to color. Sorry for mistypings, Im on my netbook, small keyboard.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydgmms View Post

HTPC running HCFR was used to measure on an i1 colorimeter. HCFR generated the patterns. 709 was the reference.

How do you use a test pattern generator with ColorHCFR? I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 as my DVD/Blu-ray players.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:45 AM

The HTPC is hooked up to the TV via HDMI. I selected "view images" as the generator on hcfr. I would then click the measurement icons, it would send each image to the TV and measure it.

When I needed to take continuous measurements I used a full screen CalMAN HTPC Generator, then ALT+TAB to HCFR in a window.
So there would be a small HCFR window over a CalMAN generated image. I could see the continous measurement in a window on the corner of the screen.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 AM

Hello, I've tried my hand at calibration with a Spyder2. I can't seem to tame that blue and the gamma is not exactly flat. Also the primaries and secondaries are off but this pretty basic set doesn't have a CMS... Anyway, please give me some tips!

Loren

philips42.zip 5.44140625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip philips42.zip (5.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 PM

I decided to try a daytime calibration for my TH-42PZ80U and wanted to see how its peak light output compares to the dim THX modes of 12G Panasonics. The result was pretty ideal with light output topping 40 ftL while maintaining a gamma of 2.14 (which is what I had with a more conservative 30 ftL as well).

This makes me wonder whether all of those people with G10s and V10s using Custom instead of THX are better off with something like a S1 in Cinema since only THX mode has a more accurate picture in those models and it averages around 25-30 ftL. Some have even reported closer to 20 ftL.

40ftL+.zip 1.02734375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip 40ftL+.zip (1.0 KB, 41 views)

Old 08-22-2009, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Hi all - I've been using HCFR for years on an old laptop. Now with a new laptop running Vista x64 I cannot get HCFR to work with the EyeOne Pro meter.

Can someone please advise me on where I can download the proper drivers and software and specific installation steps/order?

In the past I got this working by installing ColorFacts (I am a licensed user but prefer HCFR) and then copying the eyeone.dll into the ColorHCFR base folder. However when I do this and try to take a measurement HCFR responds with "EyeOne.dll returned an error during initialization. Device not connected".

The device is plugged in and Device Manager shows this listed under "X-Rite Devices" then under that, "i1 Monitor". Driver version shows as 2.40.0.1315.

I have tried installing the X-Rite driver from other sources and it always installs as this version.

I also tried the instructions here: http://www.marcelpatek.com/hcfr.html and got the 3.4.0.131 eyeone.dll from the Eyeone Match 3 and put that into the base ColorHCFR folder but it made no difference.

I've been at this several hours and concluded that I am missing something. Hopefully someone here can clue me in!

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3alsp33dy0ne View Post

Well, if its the same as my B650 then the "White Balance" menu adjusts white balance for dynamic and standard modes (I think) and the "W/B Movie" option adjusts white balance for the movie mode (thats the one I use).

"Calibration Target" and "Calibration Value" are used during the "ADC" automatic panel calibration in the factory. I wouldnt touch those if I were you.

When using W/B Movie, I turned it "On," then selected "Movie," and then selected "Warm2." When going between Dynamic and Movie, I could see a difference but none whatsoever when going through the various color temps.

Is this normal and should I take measurements in or out of the SM?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Hi all - I've been using HCFR for years on an old laptop. Now with a new laptop running Vista x64 I cannot get HCFR to work with the EyeOne Pro meter.

Can someone please advise me on where I can download the proper drivers and software and specific installation steps/order?

In the past I got this working by installing ColorFacts (I am a licensed user but prefer HCFR) and then copying the eyeone.dll into the ColorHCFR base folder. However when I do this and try to take a measurement HCFR responds with "EyeOne.dll returned an error during initialization. Device not connected".

The device is plugged in and Device Manager shows this listed under "X-Rite Devices" then under that, "i1 Monitor". Driver version shows as 2.40.0.1315.

I have tried installing the X-Rite driver from other sources and it always installs as this version.

I also tried the instructions here: http://www.marcelpatek.com/hcfr.html and got the 3.4.0.131 eyeone.dll from the Eyeone Match 3 and put that into the base ColorHCFR folder but it made no difference.

I've been at this several hours and concluded that I am missing something. Hopefully someone here can clue me in!

Thanks!

i just attempted this same thing and actually had very little trouble getting an eye one LT to work with windows 7 64-bit.

i think there's nothing significantly different than what you have to do to get it working with vista 64-bit. i just started googling around and got the information i needed pretty quickly.

sorry i can't give more specific instructions. i believe it had to do with downloading eye-one_diagnostics program from x-rite.com and just snagging the eyeone.dll file it provides.

again, google readily provided the details. just make sure you include the keyword "vista" even though you are really using windows 7.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 AM

Is there a way to see the measured gamma while using the free measures tool, either in the graph or in the table or detailed list of values it provides in the left-hand column of values after each free measure?

When I work on creating custom gamma curves I need to frequently tweak values in the pj and then remeasure the same point. However as far as I know the measure gamma is only displayed on the gamma graph when you mouse over the measured points. And further, the gamma graph is only updated when you measure a grayscale.

So this means that I have to make all my tweaks, then run a grayscale, then check all the values. For touch up work it would be much faster if I could just work on one level (i.e. 70%) and tweak it, measure gamma, tweak it, measure gamma, and repeat until I hit my target. I currently do not know a way to interactively get the gamma reading after a free measure, which would enable me to use this approach.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch437 View Post

i just attempted this same thing and actually had very little trouble getting an eye one LT to work with windows 7 64-bit.

i think there's nothing significantly different than what you have to do to get it working with vista 64-bit. i just started googling around and got the information i needed pretty quickly.

sorry i can't give more specific instructions. i believe it had to do with downloading eye-one_diagnostics program from x-rite.com and just snagging the eyeone.dll file it provides.

again, google readily provided the details. just make sure you include the keyword "vista" even though you are really using windows 7.

Thanks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to turn up anything. I am actively searching and have been working on this for several days. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong...
Old 08-24-2009, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Is there a way to see the measured gamma while using the free measures tool, either in the graph or in the table or detailed list of values it provides in the left-hand column of values after each free measure?

When I work on creating custom gamma curves I need to frequently tweak values in the pj and then remeasure the same point. However as far as I know the measure gamma is only displayed on the gamma graph when you mouse over the measured points. And further, the gamma graph is only updated when you measure a grayscale.

So this means that I have to make all my tweaks, then run a grayscale, then check all the values. For touch up work it would be much faster if I could just work on one level (i.e. 70%) and tweak it, measure gamma, tweak it, measure gamma, and repeat until I hit my target. I currently do not know a way to interactively get the gamma reading after a free measure, which would enable me to use this approach.

Any ideas? Thanks!

You might need someone more knowledgeable in your PJ than I for this... as in exactly what your tweaks are doing... I'm pretty sure, though, that gamma at any given point depends on at least the points on either side of it, and the tweaks you make to one point probably affect what happens (at a min) to the 2 points on either side of it, so I'm not sure what you're looking to update based on just one point or what the point would be...

But two things you should look at to see if they do what you're asking are:
1) on the measures tab, scroll the measures down to see the "gamma Y" line...
2) In Advanced->preferences->advanced towards the bottom click so it is on "use gamma reference to computer grayscale dE."

-Greg
Old 08-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to turn up anything. I am actively searching and have been working on this for several days. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong...

ok i found the crucial link that set me on the right path before. it turned up in, of all places, a review on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3LI57JMDWVJBT

that guy is hilarious ("Step #1: Take a pair of pliers and twist the included installation disk until it breaks and then throw it in the trash. You will be far ahead if you do.")

however he refers to a download called " i1 Match " which is unnecessarily large and in any event is type of color calibration software much like HCFR itself. HCFR users generally do not want or need this software. instead the same driver can be obtained in the much smaller " i1 Diagnostics " application which simply tests whehter your probe works at all and could actually be useful to HCFR users.

two last general concepts before i get in to the details:

a) if you are running a 64-bit OS then any .sys driver file you attempt to install needs to be written specifically for a 64-bit OS.
b) if you are running a 32-bit app, then a 32-bit .dll file can work fine as long as it is used with a 32-bit app (such as HCFR) even if you are running that 32-bit app on a 64-bit OS.

this explains why not all of the software referred to below is actually 64-bit- just the drivers that will be loaded by the OS itself.

so now, with apologies to amazon reviewer G. Cox, here is my recommended procedure for getting a display one LT probe to work with HCFR on the 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7 :

1) Download the 64-bit OS driver archive

currently they can be found at

http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...SoftwareID=768

(note GMB stands for Gretag Macbeth, the previous company responsible for the eye one, now part of xrite)

if this link doesn't work, search the xrite.com site for " 32 & 64-Bit Drivers for Win2000, XP, and Vista " . presumably the version number will be at least as high as 2.40 .

2) Download i1 diagnostics app installer

currently it can be found at

http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...SoftwareID=506

if this link doesn't work, search the xrite.com site for " i1 diagnostics "

3) Extract 64-bit drivers

extract all contents of the file you downloaded in step 1) , GMB_USB_v240.zip , to a regular folder- you may as well use the obvious folder name GMB_USB_v240 . copy this entire folder to another location elsewhere on the hard drive for safekeeping.

4) Install i1 diagnostics app

run the i1 diagnostics installer you downloaded in step 2). take all defaults. (if prompted about whether you want to install driver software from x-rite , you can check the "always trust" box so you don't keep getting prompted.) when it finishes, you should be able to locate a file called eyeone.dll at a location on your drive such as C:\\Program Files (x86)\\X-Rite\\i1Diagnostics . this is a 32-bit .dll which will work fine with the 32-bit HCFR application .

(note there is a subfolder in this location called "drivers" - this folder probably contains 32-bit OS drivers and should *not* be used: these do not work on a 64-bit OS which is why you downloaded 64-bit OS drivers separately in a previous step.)

copy this eyeone.dll file into a folder elsewhere on the hard drive for safekeeping.

[optional step 4.5 - you can even place this folder *and* the one you created in step 3) into another folder clearly labeled something intelligent like " eye one 64-bit drivers plus dll for use with HCFR " . ]

5) Install i1display_x64.sys driver

connect the eye one display LT probe to a USB port on your computer. wait for any hardware installation wizards to complete. depending on the situation, you may need to cancel your way out of the automatic driver installation wizard. regardless, launch the device manager control panel. (i prefer to do this by right-clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage" because you will be forced to do so as administrator, which will be required if you want to make any changes. within the computer management control panel, expand System Tools.. Device Manager .) expand the X-Rite devices stub and right-click on the "i1 display" object. from the contextual pop-up menu, select "Update Driver Software ..." . in the "How do you want to search for driver software" dialog, select "Browse my computer for driver software". in the "Browse for driver software on your computer" dialog, click the "Browse" button and navigate to the location of the GMB_USB_v240 files you extracted in step 3).

when finished the driver properties should have a driver date of at least 8/21/2006 and a version of at least 2.0.0.0

[optional step 5.5 - the truly prudent person who has the time should reboot (with the probe always connected to a USB port) at this point just to make sure the OS is still stable.]

6) Install HCFR

if you have not already downloaded and installed HCFR itself, do so now. the current version is at http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorim...tup_v2_1_0.exe but in the future you may want to check http://www.homecinema-fr.com/ for newer versions . take all defaults. note this 32-bit program should properly be installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, not just "Program Files" which is generally where 64-bit programs live.

7) Put eyeone.dll in HCFR folder

copy the eyeone.dll file you located in step 4) into the root of the HCFR application folder which should be located at C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ColorHCFR as mentioned above.

8) Test

launch HCFR . select File..New. you can accept the default generator ("View images") and click the "Next" button. In the "Select a sensor in this list" drop-down menu, select "Eye One" and click finish . with any test selected, click the "Go" button and say "Yes" when asked if you are ready to run the test. if you do *not* get an error message about "eyeone.dll not found" you should be good to go.

[optional step 9 - you can uninstall the i1 diagnostics program altogether at any point after step 4). it is not needed after that unless you just like having it around.]

hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:

ok i found the crucial link that set me on the right path before. it turned up in, of all places, a review on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3LI57JMDWVJBT

that guy is hilarious ("Step #1: Take a pair of pliers and twist the included installation disk until it breaks and then throw it in the trash. You will be far ahead if you do.")

however he refers to a download called " i1 Match " which is unnecessarily large and in any event is type of color calibration software much like HCFR itself. HCFR users generally do not want or need this software. instead the same driver can be obtained in the much smaller " i1 Diagnostics " application which simply tests whehter your probe works at all and could actually be useful to HCFR users.

two last general concepts before i get in to the details:

a) if you are running a 64-bit OS then any .sys driver file you attempt to install needs to be written specifically for a 64-bit OS.
b) if you are running a 32-bit app, then a 32-bit .dll file can work fine as long as it is used with a 32-bit app (such as HCFR) even if you are running that 32-bit app on a 64-bit OS.

this explains why not all of the software referred to below is actually 64-bit- just the drivers that will be loaded by the OS itself.

so now, with apologies to amazon reviewer G. Cox, here is my recommended procedure for getting a display one LT probe to work with HCFR on the 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7 :

1) Download the 64-bit OS driver archive

currently they can be found at

http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...SoftwareID=768

(note GMB stands for Gretag Macbeth, the previous company responsible for the eye one, now part of xrite)

if this link doesn't work, search the xrite.com site for " 32 & 64-Bit Drivers for Win2000, XP, and Vista " . presumably the version number will be at least as high as 2.40 .

2) Download i1 diagnostics app installer

currently it can be found at

http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...SoftwareID=506

if this link doesn't work, search the xrite.com site for " i1 diagnostics "

3) Extract 64-bit drivers

extract all contents of the file you downloaded in step 1) , GMB_USB_v240.zip , to a regular folder- you may as well use the obvious folder name GMB_USB_v240 . copy this entire folder to another location elsewhere on the hard drive for safekeeping.

4) Install i1 diagnostics app

run the i1 diagnostics installer you downloaded in step 2). take all defaults. (if prompted about whether you want to install driver software from x-rite , you can check the "always trust" box so you don't keep getting prompted.) when it finishes, you should be able to locate a file called eyeone.dll at a location on your drive such as C:\\Program Files (x86)\\X-Rite\\i1Diagnostics . this is a 32-bit .dll which will work fine with the 32-bit HCFR application .

(note there is a subfolder in this location called "drivers" - this folder probably contains 32-bit OS drivers and should *not* be used: these do not work on a 64-bit OS which is why you downloaded 64-bit OS drivers separately in a previous step.)

copy this eyeone.dll file into a folder elsewhere on the hard drive for safekeeping.

[optional step 4.5 - you can even place this folder *and* the one you created in step 3) into another folder clearly labeled something intelligent like " eye one 64-bit drivers plus dll for use with HCFR " . ]

5) Install i1display_x64.sys driver

connect the eye one display LT probe to a USB port on your computer. wait for any hardware installation wizards to complete. depending on the situation, you may need to cancel your way out of the automatic driver installation wizard. regardless, launch the device manager control panel. (i prefer to do this by right-clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage" because you will be forced to do so as administrator, which will be required if you want to make any changes. within the computer management control panel, expand System Tools.. Device Manager .) expand the X-Rite devices stub and right-click on the "i1 display" object. from the contextual pop-up menu, select "Update Driver Software ..." . in the "How do you want to search for driver software" dialog, select "Browse my computer for driver software". in the "Browse for driver software on your computer" dialog, click the "Browse" button and navigate to the location of the GMB_USB_v240 files you extracted in step 3).

when finished the driver properties should have a driver date of at least 8/21/2006 and a version of at least 2.0.0.0

[optional step 5.5 - the truly prudent person who has the time should reboot (with the probe always connected to a USB port) at this point just to make sure the OS is still stable.]

6) Install HCFR

if you have not already downloaded and installed HCFR itself, do so now. the current version is at http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorim...tup_v2_1_0.exe but in the future you may want to check http://www.homecinema-fr.com/ for newer versions . take all defaults. note this 32-bit program should properly be installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, not just "Program Files" which is generally where 64-bit programs live.

7) Put eyeone.dll in HCFR folder

copy the eyeone.dll file you located in step 4) into the root of the HCFR application folder which should be located at C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ColorHCFR as mentioned above.

8) Test

launch HCFR . select File..New. you can accept the default generator ("View images") and click the "Next" button. In the "Select a sensor in this list" drop-down menu, select "Eye One" and click finish . with any test selected, click the "Go" button and say "Yes" when asked if you are ready to run the test. if you do *not* get an error message about "eyeone.dll not found" you should be good to go.

[optional step 9 - you can uninstall the i1 diagnostics program altogether at any point after step 4). it is not needed after that unless you just like having it around.]

hope this helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. Unfortunately I still have the same issue even after following this approach.

The approach you outlined is similar to what I had been trying, and the drivers were the same as I had been trying. I cleaned out everything and started over with the specific files/approach in your approach but it sill will not work.

"EyeOne.dll returned an error during initialization. Device not connected" . This is what I get from HCFR.

What is very interesting and telling is that the EyeOne diagnostic tool sees the EyeOne and runs the diagnostics just fine. It comes back and says the EyeOne passed every test. Therefore I am thinking this is a HCFR issue of some sort.

I hope someone has some ideas on how to get to the bottom of this. I can't imagine how HCFR will not work on my system with the same DLLs and drivers as you and others are using. I am using the latest HCFR version 2.1.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 AM

I should add that my meter is technically the EyeOne Monitor, not EyeOne Pro. I don't think this should matter, because things worked perfectly fine on my old laptop running XP.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

hmm. that is odd.

just as a sanity check, what is the output of the command

Code:
dir "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ColorHCFR\\EyeOne.dll"
? (must include the quotes)

of course now that i look more closely at my system, i see that i got it to work on 64-bit vista (i am dual booting win 7 and vista, both 64-bit, on the same computer) yet when i look in the root of the HCFR program folder in the vista partition i see that eyeone.dll is not there. not sure where it went.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:

hmm. that is odd.

? (must include the quotes)

of course now that i look more closely at my system, i see that i got it to work on 64-bit vista (i am dual booting win 7 and vista, both 64-bit, on the same computer) yet when i look in the root of the HCFR program folder in the vista partition i see that eyeone.dll is not there. yet my HCFR works just fine. so that is a bit of a mystery.

Thanks for the continued feedback and help on this! I'll check tonight and post back on what the command returns. OTTOMH the date on the dll is 2007 and its version is 3.x.x.x.

I will also try with removing the eyeone.dll from the HCFR directory!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:

hmm. that is odd.

of course now that i look more closely at my system, i see that i got it to work on 64-bit vista (i am dual booting win 7 and vista, both 64-bit, on the same computer) yet when i look in the root of the HCFR program folder in the vista partition i see that eyeone.dll is not there. yet my HCFR works just fine. so that is a bit of a mystery.

Hi stretch437,

The EyeOne.dll is dated 06/26/2007 10:11 AM and the files size is 3,203,072 bytes. Dll version shows in file properties as 3.4.0.131.

Does this match what you have? Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Advanced Member

turns out i was confused about which folders had the eyeone.dll present and which ones did not. (i'll make a small edit to a previous post to remove any bogus info.) the ones that have it work, the ones that don't, don't. the file simply needs to be present for HCFR to be able to use the eyeone sensor.

not sure if this matters but for me the modify date i had was actually Tuesday, July 03, 2007, 9:52:00 AM . but size and version were the same as yours.

in any event, at this point i would simply make sure i was launching the colorhcfr.exe executable that lives in the same folder as the eyeone.dll . if you have installed this app multiple times and have multiple copies of colorhcfr.exe you might be invoking the wrong one?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:49 AM

I'm a total newbie, and I'm having problems with the measurements from my Samsung 720P DLP, a HLS6186W. I'm using an Eye-One Display2 sensor. The sensor seems to work fine with the LCD screen on my laptop. But the measurements I take from my DLP are wacky. Maybe someone could take a look at my files. Thanks.

Rick

HLS6186W.zip 2.03125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip HLS6186W.zip (2.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:

turns out i was confused about which folders had the eyeone.dll present and which ones did not. (i'll make a small edit to a previous post to remove any bogus info.) the ones that have it work, the ones that don't, don't. the file simply needs to be present for HCFR to be able to use the eyeone sensor.

not sure if this matters but for me the modify date i had was actually Tuesday, July 03, 2007, 9:52:00 AM . but size and version were the same as yours.

in any event, at this point i would simply make sure i was launching the colorhcfr.exe executable that lives in the same folder as the eyeone.dll . if you have installed this app multiple times and have multiple copies of colorhcfr.exe you might be invoking the wrong one?

Thanks. I really am not sure where to go from here. Seems I have set up everything as required. Yes I am sure its in the same folder. When I remove the dll from the ColorHCFR folder it says that it can't find the DLL, as expected. So I know it is seeing the dll when it is there, because then the error message changes to the initialization error.

Are you using the latest version of HCFR (2.1)? Any other thoughts on how to troubleshoot this further? Unfortunately the HCFR team members are busy with other things so I haven't been able to get any info from them.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmoll View Post

I'm a total newbie, and I'm having problems with the measurements from my Samsung 720P DLP, a HLS6186W. I'm using an Eye-One Display2 sensor. The sensor seems to work fine with the LCD screen on my laptop. But the measurements I take from my DLP are wacky. Maybe someone could take a look at my files. Thanks.

Rick

Where are the files?

-Greg
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaufman View Post

Where are the files?

Sorry, I would of swore I attached them. They are there now.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

yep - using hcfr 2.1

the error you get is the same one i get when i try to run a test with no sensor plugged into my USB port.

so your troubleshooting should probably focus on whether or not your OS thinks the eye one display LT device is currently connected or not.

when you insert the probe, does the OS make the ding dong sound? does an entry for the sensor appear when you manipulate the little USB-plug-icon-plus-green-check-mark icon appearing in the system tray? does the "i1 display" object appear in the device manager?

if the answer to any of these is no, then my guess is there's a hardware issue somewhere.

but if you're saying the answer to all these things is yes (*and* you're saying the i1 diagnostics app checks out fine as well!) then i'm stumped.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Went ahead and did another cal after picking up the Oppo B83. Looking better than ever now on my Sammy 58A550. Never had the gamma so flat. One thng I did notice though, I had to bump up contrast 5 points (to 90) to get to 35ftL whereas before this was at 85. Guess the set is simply aging.

Have a look. Could probably reign in Red a tad more, blue and magenta I've run out of room to move.

Looking so 3D now. Sweet!

Samsung 08-30-09 CustomColor (No Reon).zip 4.3046875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung 08-30-09 CustomColor (No Reon).zip (4.3 KB, 37 views)

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement