Avical's DVE instruction.....has anyone used it. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-06-2007, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've posted this in another area and have gotten no response. I'm hoping someone here can help. Not sure if the CCA is specific to the Samsung HLS-6187w instructions or not. David Abrams, can you help?

Originally Posted by Augmont

the other night I tried (and the key word is "tried") tweaking my 6187W using Avical's DVE guide. I was somewhat defeated in the end after becoming confused with what i was doing. I'm hoping you all can help me a little.

The part that confused me most was the CCA being off and on. I noticed that my levels for brightness and contrast were different with the CCA being turned off and on. With the CCA on, I noticed these levels being lower and with it off, i notice (speficially the brightness) being higher. I kepted the settings while the CCA was on due to Avical's only mentioning of the CCA to be turned off for "color adjustment. is this correct?

I also noticed between the CCA being off for brightness using "DVE Pluge w/white" that the 4% below black was not present at any level while it was present when the CCA was on. No big deal since i pretty much knew the reason was beyond my understanding at that point.

The other tweaking that I was confused was the contrast. "title 12, Chapter 14, "Reverse Gray Ramps & Steps."" I was having difficulty in spotting the point of "clipping." It seemed liked everybar was was always distiguishable at both the max and min levels. I also tried looking at the color of the white but saw little to no change. Is this common or should I have noticed the blending of the bars at some point and/or color change?

I'm using a Panny DMR-ES10 w/component cables and made sure my "black level ouput" for component was set for "normal." My options are "ligher", "normal", and "darker."

Here's Avical's instruction link.
http://www.avical.com/articles/avica..._tutorial.html
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page