Basic Guide to Color Calibration using a CMS (updated and enhanced) - Page 66 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #1951 of 1957 Old 12-17-2015, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1165 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Tintera View Post
Somewhere in this or another string I saw that ChromaPure is at version 3 and orders placed between such and such will get a free update. Am I mistaken? The Blu-ray disc I just received, ordered from the Web page, says "Rev 002".
I could not find any instructions nor audio on this disk.
Finally I notice on the written side that there is a major gap showing between recorded sections. What's up with that?
Did I miss something, a cheat sheet?, in the shipment?
They're on version 2 and are close to releasing version 3.

As to something missing on the disk, you'd probably get a quicker answer if you ask that on the chromapure thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 1957 Old 08-31-2016, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 50
If using only the TV's color control due to no cms,I get red 21% Y to white Y (using 100% sat/stim) and my luminance delta for red is -0.3 but my blue delta L says +5.9 is that ok? Should I bring blue under 3 while sacrificing a little red?

What is the Delta L threshold for error? does the + or -3 like for greyscale be the same ?

Sony XBR65X950B,XBR55X900B w/Sub & 4K X10 Player
PS4 - Directv Genie HR-44 3/C41 mini's, Sunday Ticket & MLB Xtra innings
Denon - X7200WA
Mirage Omnisat V2 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos set up with SVS PB2000 Sub
post #1953 of 1957 Old 08-31-2016, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post
If using only the TV's color control due to no cms,I get red 21% Y to white Y (using 100% sat/stim) and my luminance delta for red is -0.3 but my blue delta L says +5.9 is that ok? Should I bring blue under 3 while sacrificing a little red?

What is the Delta L threshold for error? does the + or -3 like for greyscale be the same ?
No, I'd stick with what you have. Blue errors are relatively benign. You might try using 75% intensity test patterns to measure rather than 100%. There's no established threshold for dL that I know of.
PeterLewis likes this.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1954 of 1957 Old 08-31-2016, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
No, I'd stick with what you have. Blue errors are relatively benign. You might try using 75% intensity test patterns to measure rather than 100%. There's no established threshold for dL that I know of.
Ok,Thanks for your help Tom.

Denon - X7200WA
post #1955 of 1957 Old 08-31-2016, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Ok,Thanks for your help Tom.
Hi, also measure and compare what dE average do you have with your current color slider setting using ColorChecker Classic / Skintone patterns. After that measure with other color settings (+1,+2,-1,-2) and compare at the end all the reports to be able to choose the color slider setting which will provide you better performance.
PeterLewis likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #1956 of 1957 Old 08-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, also measure and compare what dE average do you have with your current color slider setting using ColorChecker Classic / Skintone patterns. After that measure with other color settings (+1,+2,-1,-2) and compare at the end all the reports to be able to choose the color slider setting which will provide you better performance.
Great advice Ted..thanks

Btw, my 950B shuts off a completely 0% black field pattern,so how would I go around this to do the colorchecker?

Use black 0% window pattern and then the rest full fields or enter a number manually for black via edit?

Denon - X7200WA
post #1957 of 1957 Old 08-31-2016, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Great advice Ted..thanks

Btw, my 950B shuts off a completely 0% black field pattern,so how would I go around this to do the colorchecker?

Use black 0% window pattern and then the rest full fields or enter a number manually for black via edit?
If your player display's a " mark when you pause a pattern, then do this when you will measure Black, to keep the backlight opened. Or press you TV info button to display some text.
PeterLewis likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
X Rite Eodis3 I1display Pro , X Rite Cmundis Colormunki Display , X Rite Eye One Display Lt , Calman 4 0 Calibration Software Home License , Aemc Ca813 Peak Function Lightmeter 200 000 Lux Range 0 01 Lux Resolution 3 Accuracy
Gear in this thread