AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - Page 110 - AVS Forum
First ... 108  109  110 111  112  ... Last
Display Calibration > AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration
BmasterB's Avatar BmasterB 06:17 AM 04-06-2012
i have problems with the playback of AVCHD and HDMV on my PS3. I tried it with an USB-dongle and on a DVD-R. I can playback the most files in the folder STREAM, but i'm thinking that this isn't the way it should work?!?!?? Can anyone please help me?

airscapes's Avatar airscapes 06:44 AM 04-06-2012
The AVCHD version on standard dvd works perfectly fine in the PS3 player. It is a BR filesystem just not BR media.
BmasterB's Avatar BmasterB 12:56 PM 04-06-2012
I drop the downloaded AVCHD file to the USB-Stick. The VCHD is in the root. But the PS3 dosen't indicate the files as an full AVCHD....
airscapes's Avatar airscapes 01:01 PM 04-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmasterB View Post

I drop the downloaded AVCHD file to the USB-Stick. The VCHD is in the root. But the PS3 dosen't indicate the files as an full AVCHD....

Why not just follow the instructions and burn it to DVD and move on?
BmasterB's Avatar BmasterB 01:02 PM 04-06-2012
edit:i did it!
michaelddd's Avatar michaelddd 05:11 PM 04-09-2012
Just wanted to say thank you very much to the authors of this awesome FREE tool. AVS rocks!
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 10:53 PM 04-09-2012
is this to be used with any additional software? or can this all be done by eye?
zoyd's Avatar zoyd 04:52 AM 04-10-2012
You can set brightness, contrast and sharpness by eye and there are also some patterns to check that TV is deinterlacing and handling motion properly. If your TV has an RGB only mode (where it can display a blue screen) you can also set color and tint.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 04:56 AM 04-10-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

is this to be used with any additional software? or can this all be done by eye?

You can do the basic settings by eye, which is how I use it. Other patterns require gear: setting gamma and the color temperatures.

-Bill
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 08:03 AM 04-11-2012
ok cool. thanks for the info. my tv does have a blue screen filter, but im not exactly sure what im supposed to do. can anyone explain it in noob terms?
airscapes's Avatar airscapes 08:19 AM 04-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

ok cool. thanks for the info. my tv does have a blue screen filter, but im not exactly sure what im supposed to do. can anyone explain it in noob terms?

Read the AVS 709 users manual about using the flashing color bar pattern with the blue filter mode. Page 5 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8968806/Patterns-Manual.pdf
knights191's Avatar knights191 03:13 AM 04-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Read the AVS 709 users manual about using the flashing color bar pattern with the blue filter mode. Page 5

I also have troublens understanding. I have read the manual three times, and it is clear what to do when having a blue filter.

But it does not state clearly what to do when using the BLUE MODE on my Samsung.Do I need to put blue mode on, and change my color control so that the 'blue' box and the 'grey box' (grey box now looking more blueish??) match ?
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 03:58 AM 04-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights191 View Post

I also have troublens understanding. I have read the manual three times, and it is clear what to do when having a blue filter.

But it does not state clearly what to do when using the BLUE MODE on my Samsung.Do I need to put blue mode on, and change my color control so that the 'blue' box and the 'grey box' (grey box now looking more blueish??) match ?

Yes. The blue mode = using a blue filter.

The gray bar at the left has a flashing blue box and the blue bar has a
flashing gray box. Look through a blue filter (or use blue mode) at these two bars. As you
raise and lower the color control you will see the gray and blue change
relative to each other. You want to set the color control so gray and
blue match.
Ideally when this happens you would see almost no
flashing on the center of the boxes while looking through the blue
color filter. Realistically you might always be able to see a little bit of
flashing, and if that's the case then just set the color control so that
gray and blue come as close as possible to matching.

kjgarrison's Avatar kjgarrison 07:41 AM 04-16-2012
As you adjust your color from too low to too high you will see that the flashing inner boxes are brighter and darker than their surrounding. Find the color setting where the two flashing boxes on the ends look the same. Any other setting will have one be light while the opposite is darker.

Do the same adjustment with the inner flashing boxes for tint.
Ian Beale's Avatar Ian Beale 04:29 PM 04-25-2012
Ciao,

I download the BDiso (first link) and play the file in xbmc. I only get to watch 2hr 30mins of 25% - 50% - 75% colour saturated screens?

I no have menus, no other files just a 2.5hr continuous video of changing percentage colour saturation?

For sure xbmc play BD as it play one right now no problem?

Any advice?
ZandarKoad's Avatar ZandarKoad 02:24 PM 04-26-2012
Anyone know where the authors are? I'd like to distribute some of these calibration discs to my customers (with full credits in tact of course) but I can't do it for free. I tried PM'ing a week ago, but no response...
alluringreality's Avatar alluringreality 08:07 AM 04-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandarKoad View Post

Anyone know where the authors are? I'd like to distribute some of these calibration discs to my customers (with full credits in tact of course) but I can't do it for free. I tried PM'ing a week ago, but no response...

I haven't been following things here much, and I doubt if hwjohn has looked in years.

As you commented, the only major stated stipulation is to retain the credits. I think the plan of noting that the same information is available here for free and providing an option for a disk is reasonable. We have had similar requests, and personally I don't see a conflict in charging for time and materials. My main reason for posting this to the thread is that if anyone cares to do something similar and has a Blu-ray burner, a few people have requested copies of the BDMV burned to BD writable media in the thread.
alluringreality's Avatar alluringreality 08:17 AM 04-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Beale View Post

For sure xbmc play BD as it play one right now no problem?

The Blu-ray version is based around menus to select patterns. I've never used xbmc, but a google search has me questioning if the program can play Blu-ray menus.
visca blaugrana's Avatar visca blaugrana 09:06 AM 04-29-2012
What software is used to author the disk? I am creating my own disk with multiavc, but I am not quiet happy with the menu system,
alluringreality's Avatar alluringreality 06:25 AM 04-30-2012
It's Adobe Encore, which is part of Adobe Premiere.
visca blaugrana's Avatar visca blaugrana 05:06 PM 05-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post

It's Adobe Encore, which is part of Adobe Premiere.

alluringreality

do you know if its possible to get a copy of the .ncor file?
I was hoping to have a go at it?
visca blaugrana's Avatar visca blaugrana 05:08 AM 05-05-2012
alluringreality

interesting when goggling this problem your name seams to pop everywhere so here goes

I have created a disk in Adobe encore CS5, but have a few problems
1: when building a disk I select blu-ray mode and build to an ISO - If I burn this ISO to a DVD disk this work fine on my Phillips BDP9500 - but not on a PS3, I asume its only the fewest players that will play Blu-Ray files of a DVD disk - How do you get a usable AVSHD file out of Adobe Encore - or what 3rd party software do you use to create the AVCHD iso?
Solved by using AVCHD Pather 1.06 - now plays fine on PS3

2: how do I get the menues to be 24fsp? - Got that sorted, need to set it up as a NTSC format, (i live in England so PAL is what I normal use) when set to NTSC you can set a fps for the entire project on 23.976.

Thank You in advance.
Muse's Avatar Muse 06:26 AM 05-06-2012
I've downloaded the ~600MB EXE, haven't burned to disk yet. My question is this:

In the OP I see mention of the Patterns Manual. I put the italics tags in there, so it will be sure to appear on your system as mine. On my computer certain terms at AVS Forums are automatically linked to certain commercial products, evidently a way for the forums to support themselves. In this case, Patterns Manual (I'm not putting in tags here) is linked to a crochet manual at Amazon. However, my impression from the OP is that it's supposed to be linked to a download of the manual. Is this not the case? Is there a way to suppress/turn off the linking of phrases to commercial enterprises in these forums? They are not helping me.

Edit: I notice after posting that my instance of "Patterns Manual" isn't linked to anything. This puzzles me. Surely the OP's intention was not to link to a crochet manual at Amazon. I'm getting this from the "link" in the OP: Camel Crochet 2 Designs & Patterns Manual [Kindle Edition] when I click on Patterns Manual.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 08:25 AM 05-06-2012
Try this link:
LL
airscapes's Avatar airscapes 08:39 AM 05-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse View Post

I've downloaded the ~600MB EXE, haven't burned to disk yet. My question is this:

In the OP I see mention of the Patterns Manual. I put the italics tags in there, so it will be sure to appear on your system as mine. On my computer certain terms at AVS Forums are automatically linked to certain commercial products, evidently a way for the forums to support themselves. In this case, Patterns Manual (I'm not putting in tags here) is linked to a crochet manual at Amazon.

You may want to give firefox a try.. That seems to only appear when using IE. You can also install ad block on FF and the forum runs much faster without all the ads to loading.
Muse's Avatar Muse 08:39 AM 05-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Try this link:

Well that isn't working for me. What did work was quoting the OP, pasting it into a text file and searching on "Patterns Manual." The first few instances were not actual links, but further into the post there was one that was a link to the PDF. I pasted that into my URL and voila, I had it. I've just printed it out. This was a lot harder than it should have been.

I still have the question in my previous post: Is there something I can do to stop my browser from generating advertising links in key word/phrases in AVS Forums posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

You may want to give firefox a try.. That seems to only appear when using IE. You can also install ad block on FF and the forum runs much faster without all the ads to loading.

Aha, I guess I don't have adblock installed on this computer. I already am running Firefox!

Edit: No, I do have adblock plus installed. Maybe I don't have the right set of filters. I just checked, I'm running EasyList.

Can someone recommend an adblock plus filter set that will effectively stop the advertising links from showing up in AVS Forums posts?
airscapes's Avatar airscapes 09:06 AM 05-06-2012
See attached for what I have installed.
LL
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 09:08 AM 05-06-2012
Quote:

Well that isn't working for me. What did work was quoting the OP, pasting it into a text file and searching on "Patterns Manual." The first few instances were not actual links, but further into the post there was one that was a link to the PDF. I pasted that into my URL and voila, I had it. I've just printed it out. This was a lot harder than it should have been.

I still have the question in my previous post: Is there something I can do to stop my browser from generating advertising links in key word/phrases in AVS Forums posts?

Aha, I guess I don't have adblock installed on this computer. I already am running Firefox!

Edit: No, I do have adblock plus installed. Maybe I don't have the right set of filters. I just checked, I'm running EasyList.

Can someone recommend an adblock plus filter set that will effectively stop the advertising links from showing up in AVS Forums posts?

There is a Help forum for this sort of question. It's near the bottom of the list.

Your account preferences has a setting for automatic links. Turn it off.

Otherwise: NoScript for Firefox allows you to tailor which sites run what sort of javascript. It makes life better for me.

-Bill
alluringreality's Avatar alluringreality 09:26 AM 05-06-2012
Quote:

This was a lot harder than it should have been.

The original intent was that the large text below downloads were the downloadable files. There isn't a find and replace in the editor, so when the project was still changing it would have been a hassle to have more than one link. Anyway, maybe it's easier to find now.
alluringreality's Avatar alluringreality 09:52 AM 05-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by visca blaugrana View Post

alluringreality

do you know if its possible to get a copy of the .ncor file?
I was hoping to have a go at it?

My file is around 15 meg, without assets, and honestly I don't want to upload it.

My AVCHD menus are rather simple. The buttons (+) only contains the selection item. The simple menu with nothing more than a video background and individual buttons was necessary for the current AVCHD workaround.

The current AVCHD output is rather complex, and it's a pain to create. Basically I create a project in Encore, then I change ProjectMedia.acx in the Encore project to use H.264 menus, and then I use MultiAVCHD to modify the files to look like AVCHD. I follow the notes below from top to bottom to create the AVCHD, but honestly my notes may be difficult to understand. I also had some problems with Encore wanting to change the menus back to Mpeg2 when I tried to make modifications, so I used BDedit a lot to check the output files from Encore. I don't know if CS6 allows AVC (m4v) menus, but there were only a few functional changes between CS4 and CS5.

ENCORE AVC MENU MODIFICATION FOR AVCHD IN CS5:
Note: Menus must use video background so that they are in-mux
Note: Menu background will cause menu to reload at end of video, so the video must be long enough that the reload doesn't happen very often. Currently 2.5 minutes is used for menu videos, which requires about 2 hours for first build.
Note: Encore had issues with an old build. The old build worked after encoding backgrounds with an updated x264 version, shortening clips from 5 min to 2.5 min, and using a separate video for each background in Encore.

- Create and build project in Encore (this build will be slow as the menu background is transcoded to m2v in Encore)
- Save and close Encore after build
- Delete the output of the first build. It will not be used. The build is necessary for menu background transcode.
- Save project and close Encore
- Transcode m2v files to m4v using Adobe Premiere (H.264, profile - main, level – 4.0, vbr 2pass, custom, target Mbps – 1.5, max Mbps – 15, maximum render quality)
- Edit ProjectMedia.acx
- Switch m2v to m4v
- Change size for bytes in m4v (use size from windows explorer, not size on disk)
- Change “MPEG-2” to “H.264”
- Open project again in Encore and create build (this output will use in-mux AVC menus)
- May want to check that project uses AVC in-mux menus
- Use multiAVCHD re-author and output AVCHD Strict
- Close multiAVCHD and delete non-AVCHD folders (AVCHDTN, CERTIFICATE, AUXDATA, BDJO, JAR, META, BACKUP/BDJO)
- Create .iso containing BDMV folder using ImgBurn and UDF 2.5 formatting
Tags: Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , lg bp530
First ... 108  109  110 111  112  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop