AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - Page 137 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4081 of 4081 Old Today, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having some weird issues calibrating my Vizio E500i-B1 display. Let me see if I can explain what I'm seeing and have it make sense.

First off, the TV doesn't have a true 120Hz panel, but if I force 120Hz in Windows, the TV does some sort of processing on the signal that simulates 120Hz. The net result is that it skips frames (which I don't want when gaming). I had it set at 120Hz initially because when I bought it I was under the impression that it was a true 120Hz.

That being said, when I have it set at this resolution, if I play the APL Clipping pattern in VLC from Windows 7, I see flashing bars all the way up to 254. No problems calibrating here, everything worked great and I end up with a great looking picture. Unfortunately, I can't leave it like this because of the frame skipping.

So when I bump it back down to the native refresh rate and resolution, I then only see flashing bars up to 234. I can calibrate from here I suppose, but since I'm using this TV entirely from a PC, it seems I really should be using the full RGB color space.

Nothing changes between these two scenarios except the refresh rate. In both cases I'm using the same DVI to HDMI cable with the exact same settings on the TV. I've also confirmed that according to the Nvidia Control Panel I am outputting an RGB signal.

I'm kind of at a loss on what to do at this point. The TV is clearly capable of accepting displaying RGB, but I sure enough can't seem to get flashing bars above 234 when at 60Hz. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , lg bp530
Gear in this thread - bp530 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page