AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - Page 150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

Old 05-08-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I need the full field 0 and 100%. I've found plenty of non-full field (amplitude box framed by black background) easy enough. I found a full field 100%, but a full field 0% has been a bit elusive for me. I think I found a way to get that, but it was a bit hidden for me in colorhcfr, so I thought someone might know where I can easily find the 0%, that I might have missed.
As mentioned in my previous post, the Contrast sections of both ChromaPure and ColorHCFR patterns contains both 0% and 100% full field.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2017, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
As mentioned in my previous post, the Contrast sections of both ChromaPure and ColorHCFR patterns contains both 0% and 100% full field.
I found it from your advice.

It appears I have to hit the "popup menu" button on my remote to get a drop down menu to select 0 and 100% IRE fields. Found that by trial and error.

Thanks!

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
After some tinkering, I think I have finally got my TV to near perfect calibration from the AVS HD 709 disc. Assuming I am using the A4 color clipping video properly, I managed to get the white balance to near perfect. All other settings have been calibrated as best as they could be from the disc. For a while, I left the white balance at the default "neutral settings", however, in the A4 pattern, red was clipping below 235, and in the white clipping video, the greys took on a reddish tinge at its optimal setting. While the manual says that bars 235-251 are allowed to clip, I found that trying to get green and blue to clip in those ranges was near impossible without some extreme white balance settings. I read in a previous post that some TV manufacturers try to get no clipping in 235-251. Thus, I found it much easier to simply reduce the amount of red offset and gain until there was no clipping from 219-251. I looked up some professional calibration settings for my TV and the settings I am using are roughly the same as the professional settings. Everything looks much "cleaner", and when I revert back the default settings, there is a obvious red tinge. So, if some of you are reluctant to tinker with the white balance, try using the A4 pattern to tweak it to get no clipping from 219-251.

Old Today, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 147
No pro here, but familiar, and not hesitant to ask dumb questions.

For setting up my UHD HDR profile on my projector, I can still use AVS-709 burned to DVD-R to set brightness and contrast, right? Just set it to 16-235 range; no practical reason to run BTB and WTW?

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , lg bp530
Gear in this thread