AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #841 of 3947 Old 09-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I am doing something wrong but not sure what. I have tried to burn the iso file with Nero and imgburn. But when I put it in my Sony blu-ray player, it comes up as photo disc but says no photo. Does anyone have any ideas? The file size says 687,638,528 bytes. But I haven't been able to make it work. I have burned another calibration disc and read it but not this one. Help....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 3947 Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdude View Post

Well I am doing something wrong but not sure what. I have tried to burn the iso file with Nero and imgburn. But when I put it in my Sony blu-ray player, it comes up as photo disc but says no photo. Does anyone have any ideas? The file size says 687,638,528 bytes. But I haven't been able to make it work. I have burned another calibration disc and read it but not this one. Help....

There are two steps:

1) Decompress using 7 zip.

2) Burn as an Image (.iso) using ImgBurn.

Most of the time if something is wrong it is #2. Make sure you are selecting to burn a disc image and not a data disc.

AVS HD 709 - Free calibration disks
The 2007 Patriots: 18 -1
Tom who?
"...the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot..." - The Mall Ninja
post #843 of 3947 Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When you say "it comes up as photo disc", what is "it", and what piece of software is saying that "it" is a photo disc? Is the imgburn application saying that the iso file is a photo disc? Or is it saying the destination disk is a photo disc? Or is some other piece of software reporting that something is a photo disc?
post #844 of 3947 Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM

I have the zip file, extracted it into the iso file. Start imgburn, "write image to disc", select iso file, burn.

My sony blu-ray s350 player says it is a photo disc but no images available.
post #845 of 3947 Old 09-02-2008, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

The file size says 687,638,528 bytes. But I haven't been able to make it work.

The iso file size is around 1.5 GB, so I'll guess something isn't right on either download or decompression. My general comment would be along the lines of #1 here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post14488947
post #846 of 3947 Old 09-02-2008, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have the zip file, extracted it into the iso file. Start imgburn, "write image to disc", select iso file, burn.

My sony blu-ray s350 player says it is a photo disc but no images available.

The player itself is returning the message? Sorry, but I have no idea how that can happen.
post #847 of 3947 Old 09-02-2008, 05:54 AM

I have downloaded it again and will try again this evening.
post #848 of 3947 Old 09-02-2008, 03:01 PM

Well I downloaded, extracted and burned it again and it worked this time. Guess it was a bad download or extraction. But at least it is working now.

Has anyone made a disc label that is available? If not, is there a way to get the screen logo to make a disc label?
post #849 of 3947 Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

is there a way to get the screen logo to make a disc label?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post13129076
post #850 of 3947 Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the link. I searched for disc label, label but had no luck.
post #851 of 3947 Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 PM

man I cant unzip uncompress, I can find the Iso, what gives man. I'm gouing nuts.
post #852 of 3947 Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballforever View Post

man I cant unzip uncompress, I can find the Iso, what gives man. I'm gouing nuts.

man, u gotz to use some better english man, and describe your problem more better man, we dont know wut u talkin bout

AVS HD 709 - Free calibration disks
The 2007 Patriots: 18 -1
Tom who?
"...the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot..." - The Mall Ninja
post #853 of 3947 Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

man I cant unzip uncompress, I can find the Iso

I also have no idea what this means. Either the .exe or .7z after uncompression will result in a .iso if things work correctly. If the first part means the uncompression isn't working correctly, then I'd suggest trying the other download type assuming you're using Windows. If the last part means that you already have the .iso from uncompression, then you need a program that can use the .iso to burn a disk - http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm explains how to use different Windows programs.
post #854 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post

I also have no idea what this means. Either the .exe or .7z after uncompression will result in a .iso if things work correctly. If the first part means the uncompression isn't working correctly, then I'd suggest trying the other download type assuming you're using Windows. If the last part means that you already have the .iso from uncompression, then you need a program that can use the .iso to burn a disk - http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm explains how to use different Windows programs.

I have windows, now I use winrar to zip and unzip my files. I downloaded both of the files, when I'm done and I click on either file, it go into where do you wanna extract, I make a folder and say there, and when it;s done it makes another compressed file, I see no iso file whatsoever. I asking Please, can you just send me the file already done, since I'm having so many issues trying to do this.
post #855 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I have windows, now I use winrar to zip and unzip my files. I downloaded both of the files, when I'm done and I click on either file, it go into where do you wanna extract, I make a folder and say there, and when it;s done it makes another compressed file, I see no iso file whatsoever. I asking Please, can you just send me the file already done, since I'm having so many issues trying to do this.

Do you have "Show file extensions" enabled in Windows Explorer? If not, then the extracted .ISO file will show up with a WinRAR archive icon, making you think it's still a compressed file.
post #856 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daMaster View Post

Do you have "Show file extensions" enabled in Windows Explorer? If not, then the extracted .ISO file will show up with a WinRAR archive icon, making you think it's still a compressed file.

I was thinking that yesterday, I even think I put that winrar file on a disk, but the PS3 saw the disk but saw no files on the disk.

Is there anyway someone can send the file already done to put on a disk is possible so I don't go crazy. My email is footballforever@optonline.net.

Also I'm not using Nero, I'm using Ashampoo to burn my CD/DVD. You don't have to use Nero right?
post #857 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was thinking that yesterday, I even think I put that winrar file on a disk, but the PS3 saw the disk but saw no files on the disk.

You don't put the winrar file on the disk. You uncompress the winrar file to get to an iso file. Then you use a DVD burning program (like Nero or ImgBurn) to create a disk. Are you just moving the file to the disk? That's wrong. You have to burn an image. If you can read the disk and see an iso filename then you did it wrong.

Quote:

Is there anyway someone can send the file already done to put on a disk is possible so I don't go crazy. My email is footballforever@optonline.net.

What does "already done" mean? The iso file is all you need.

Quote:

Also I'm not using Nero, I'm using Ashampoo to burn my CD/DVD. You don't have to use Nero right?

Anything that supports burning an ISO is all you need. Again, you're not moving an ISO to the disk. You're using the ISO to burn an image. When you're done, you won't see an ISO file on the disk. You'll see lot's of new files.
post #858 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

While you're at it, why don't you also ask someone to burn it onto a DVD for you and deliver it to your front door. Don't mean to be rude, but I don't think anyone is going to spoon-feed you the file. Learn to use Windows and learn from the tips forum users are giving you.

Like I said, enable viewing of file extensions (i.e. disable hiding file extensions). Extract the file to a known location with WinRAR. Does it have a .iso extension? If so, burn the .iso file, but learn to burn image files with whatever software you use. My preference is Nero.
post #859 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFunBoater View Post

You don't put the winrar file on the disk. You uncompress the winrar file to get to an iso file. Then you use a DVD burning program (like Nero or ImgBurn) to create a disk. Are you just moving the file to the disk? That's wrong. You have to burn an image. If you can read the disk and see an iso filename then you did it wrong.

What does "already done" mean? The iso file is all you need.

Anything that supports burning an ISO is all you need. Again, you're not moving an ISO to the disk. You're using the ISO to burn an image. When you're done, you won't see an ISO file on the disk. You'll see lot's of new files.

I understand this, You say uncompress, I say Unzip, When I unzip I see no ISO file. When I unzip, it's just making another winrar type of file with not ISO file whatsoever.
post #860 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:

While you're at it, why don't you also ask someone to burn it onto a DVD for you and deliver it to your front door. Don't mean to be rude, but I don't think anyone is going to spoon-feed you the file. Learn to use Windows and learn from the tips forum users are giving you.

Like I said, enable viewing of file extensions (i.e. disable hiding file extensions). Extract the file to a known location with WinRAR. Does it have a .iso extension? If so, burn the .iso file, but learn to burn image files with whatever software you use. My preference is Nero.

for one thing, I'm PC-Tech for a living, and I know what I'm doing, All I'm saying is the file isn't working when I unzip it.
post #861 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

for one thing, I'm PC-Tech for a living, and I know what I'm doing, All I'm saying is the file isn't working when I unzip it.

Maybe it's a language barrier, but the words you use are just odd. I think that's why we're having trouble understanding you. For example, you say "the file isn't working". What the heck does that mean? Does it mean that the DVD burning application doesn't recognize the file?
post #862 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's a language barrier, but the words you use are just odd. I think that's why we're having trouble understanding you. For example, you say "the file isn't working". What the heck does that mean? Does it mean that the DVD burning application doesn't recognize the file?

OK, I'm at work and I doing this over step by step again. Now I downloaded the .exe file, It's on my desktop, the icon is black and white icon and it says 7z, Now if I click on it it says extract, where do I extract it do and then what is the next step, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm going to see if you guys can just help me figure out what am I doing wrong. Again, thanks for baring with me.
post #863 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, I'm at work and I doing this over step by step again. Now I downloaded the .exe file, It's on my desktop, the icon is black and white icon and it says 7z, Now if I click on it it says extract, where do I extract it do and then what is the next step, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm going to see if you guys can just help me figure out what am I doing wrong. Again, thanks for baring with me.

The next step is to read the first post where there are step-by-step instructions that are quite clear on how to use this:
Quote:

Steps to use the downloads:
1) Choose either AVCHD, BDMV, or HD DVD - depending on what HD player you want to use as described above.
2) Download either the .exe or .7z file, according to the computer operating system you're using. The .exe will work on Windows, and the .7z is not system-specific so it will work with Windows, Linux, or Mac.
3) Uncompress the download. If you downloaded the .7z, you will also need the free 7-zip software to uncompress the file. The .exe should uncompress with Windows, but if it would happen to fail on your computer you might instead try the .7z version.
4) Burn a disk from the uncompressed file.
- For AVCHD or HD DVD, use a computer application to burn a single-layer DVD from the .iso file. Programs like Imgburn or Nero (burn image option) can burn the DVD in Windows, and on Mac the .iso can be burned directly from the disk utility application. If you're not sure how to use the .iso disk image to create a DVD with your software, then I suggest using Google and running a search with keywords something like - Burn, DVD, Iso, and the general name of your operating system or disk burning program. Here is a link Google returned for me on how to use different software in order to burn from a .iso http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm.
- For BDMV, I think the files can simply be recorded straight to BD-RE (or BD-R if you're willing to part with a non-rewritable disk) as a data disk if UDF 2.5 or UDF 2.6 remains the disk format. My understanding is that those are the default Blu-ray recordable formats, but I personally have not burned a Blu-ray. If you want to burn BDMV to DVD for one of the few players that support BDMV on DVD, you have to use UDF 2.5 format. Step 4 from http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/bd2dvd...-guide-232165/ shows how to set the format with Imgburn or Nero.

post #864 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Extract it to anywhere on your hard disk where you can find it when done extracting. I usually extract to my desktop. The extracted file will have an ISO extension.
post #865 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

- I just downloaded file "AVCHD RC1.exe" to my desktop.
- Double-clicked it and the extraction path was already set to point to my desktop, so I clicked "Extract".
- When the progress bar was done, I had a new file on my desktop called "AVCHD RC1.iso".
- I opened up Nero, chose Recorder -> Burn Image and browsed to my desktop and selected the file "AVCHD RC1.iso". Follow a similar "burn image" procedure with Ashampoo or ImgBurn (free!).

I honestly don't see how much simpler it can get than this!
post #866 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:

- I just downloaded file "AVCHD RC1.exe" to my desktop.
- Double-clicked it and the extraction path was already set to point to my desktop, so I clicked "Extract".
- When the progress bar was done, I had a new file on my desktop called "AVCHD RC1.iso".
- I opened up Nero, chose Recorder -> Burn Image and browsed to my desktop and selected the file "AVCHD RC1.iso". Follow a similar "burn image" procedure with Ashampoo or ImgBurn (free!).

I honestly don't see how much simpler it can get than this!

I think I got it now, man, Thanks. I will let you know how it works out, anyway, see I was going through all this trouble, yeah I know I created the trouble, but does this disk really help out a lot?
post #867 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...but does this disk really help out a lot?

I'm not being a smartass, but using the disk is MUCH harder than burning it. But, yeah, it will help a lot.
post #868 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:

I'm not being a smartass, but using the disk is MUCH harder than burning it. But, yeah, it will help a lot.

I'm using Imgburn right now, now when this is done, will I be able to check if it came out ok, must I put it in my PS3 to see if it works?
post #869 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 AM

I just finished with IMGburn and everything said complete, and now when I look at the dvd disk says o bytes, does that mean I did it wrong.....
post #870 of 3947 Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Windows prior to Vista by default cannot read the AVCHD disk due to the UDF 2.5 formatting. If you were able to extract the download to the .iso that's around 1.5 GB and burn using the instructions from the link for ImgBurn then the disk is probably good. Basically I would say to try it in the PS3 if you were attempting to look at the disk on a version of Windows other than Vista.
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , lg bp530
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page