Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyerd View Post

FYI, I couldn't get TMT5 to work on the HDMV version - loaded the ISO - showed the menu, but nothing happened when I clicked on one of the items except the credits. The AVCHD version works ok with it.

My best guess is that it's some sort of bug in the latest TotalMedia software. The prior versions have all worked fine. Aside from a minor change to Misc. C, the HDMV is straight commercial authoring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post

I tested the AVCHD.exe version this morning.
On the Panasonic DMP-BD85K the disk launches fine. The Video plays fine. However there is something wonky with chapter changes.

I'll probably verify this myself, but any confirmation from other Panasonic users would be welcome. Chapters were added with multiAVCHD. Unless people familiar with multiAVCHD can give feedback, the only other option I can think of would be BDedit For whatever reason when I tried BDedit on the 720p video it caused issues with PowerDVD playback, so I previously scratched the idea of using BDedit for the chapters. Two days ago I learned of a possible alternate AVCHD authoring procedure, but since the current version was almost finished I didn't think it was worth considering.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post

I'll probably verify this myself, but any confirmation from other Panasonic users would be welcome. Chapters were added with multiAVCHD. Unless people familiar with multiAVCHD can give feedback, the only other option I can think of would be BDedit For whatever reason when I tried BDedit on the 720p video it caused issues with PowerDVD playback, so I previously scratched the idea of using BDedit for the chapters. Two days ago I learned of a possible alternate AVCHD authoring procedure, but since the current version was almost finished I didn't think it was worth considering.

I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT350 and have the same sticking chapter issue. All you have to do is hit the return key and then reselect the menu. Then it works fine. This happens on several but not all menus.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

Old 11-28-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Okay, thanks for the feedback on AVCHD-2c. Here is a test disc for the alternate authoring procedure that I learned about a couple days ago. I could use this type of authoring for a Version 2d release if it corrects the reported issues.

Test-D is intended as an AVCHD compatible authoring, and it's meant for DVD media. It consists of a main menu and a sub menu. On the sub menu there are 1080p and 720p videos with chapters, and a single image. Primarily two things would need to be checked with the linked AVCHD test:

1 - Does this authoring get rid of the recently reported AVCHD-2c chapter issue on Panasonic players?

2 - Will the Image file play correctly on the PS3 from DVD media? (AVCHD-2a had reported issues with the image authoring)

http://www.wuala.com/alluringreality/Public/Test-D.exe
http://www.wuala.com/alluringreality/Public/Test-D.7z
Iso MD5: 489332b9ce38657eeb3843c061c8d962
Old 11-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT350 and have the same sticking chapter issue. All you have to do is hit the return key and then reselect the menu. Then it works fine. This happens on several but not all menus.

I did not think to try the return key on the remote, but my DMP-BD85K appears to respond like buzzard767.

It seems that the first visit to a sub-menu, for example Calman\\Fields, That when you select an item such as 3 step Grayscale, that the chapters stick until you enter the return key which brings you back up one step to the sub-menu. Then as long as you stay within that sub-menu chapters will change fine even when changing to another pattern set such as 11 step grayscale. Now if you go back to the main menu and re-enter a sub-menu, including the one you had just been in the process repeats. The chapters stick until you try to enter a pattern set and the back out of it to the sub-menu level and then all sets within that sub-menu behave until you go to the main menu again.

I hope this helps a bit...

Michael
Old 11-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Alluringreality,

I tested the AVCHD.exe version this morning. I really like the new menu design.

On the Panasonic DMP-BD85K the disk launches fine. The Video plays fine. However there is something wonky with chapter changes. I was unable to get the skip chapter key to work to move to the next slide on any of the patterns. If I left the slide up long enough it would time out and move to the next.

On my PS3 everything appeared to work as it should.

Thanks,

Michael

Ditto for me on my Panny 65
Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Okay, thanks for the feedback on AVCHD-2c. Here is a test disc for the alternate authoring procedure that I learned about a couple days ago. I could use this type of authoring for a Version 2d release if it corrects the reported issues.

Test-D is intended as an AVCHD compatible authoring, and it's meant for DVD media. It consists of a main menu and a sub menu. On the sub menu there are 1080p and 720p videos with chapters, and a single image. Primarily two things would need to be checked with the linked AVCHD test:

1 - Does this authoring get rid of the recently reported AVCHD-2c chapter issue on Panasonic players?

2 - Will the Image file play correctly on the PS3 from DVD media? (AVCHD-2a had reported issues with the image authoring)

http://www.wuala.com/alluringreality/Public/Test-D.exe
http://www.wuala.com/alluringreality/Public/Test-D.7z
Iso MD5: 489332b9ce38657eeb3843c061c8d962

Alluringreality,

I just gave Test-D.exe a go on my units.

On question one, yes it appears to have cured the chapter issue on the Panasonic DMP-BD85K. In addition the Pop-Up menu actually worked inside the 1080P item.

Concerning question two, the image file did not play correctly on the PS3. Nothing but a black screen showed until I hit the next chapter button and then the image flashed momentarily before returning to the sub-menu.

Michael
Old 11-28-2010, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks again for another test. It will take some time, but the current plan will be to create a new AVCHD-2d that works like the 1080p and 720p clips from Test-D. The future AVCHD-2d will share some authoring with the HDMV, so the current plan is to include the popup menus. Misc. Patterns Section F may be included again, but otherwise AVCHD-2d should contain very few changes from the AVCHD-2c release. The only exception might be if changes are required for space issues, because the HDMV authoring and popup menus use more space. The 2d release will primarily be intended to correct the latest reported issue with Panasonic players using DVD media, and the only other change will be a minor item I noticed on the HDMV popup menu when I was putting together the test disc.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Tested the HDMV (DVDM since it was on a DVD) and it worked on the LG-BD390. It also worked on the Philips BDP-9000.

One thing to note, not sure if it means anything, both the DVDM and the AVCHD versions refused to load on a Panasonic BDP-30 although it is reported to work. The only thing that worked on that particular player was the AVCHD 1.3b. Not sure why. I don't have access to the player right now as it was at a customers place. Might be a older firmware.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_m View Post

Tested the HDMV (DVDM since it was on a DVD) and it worked on the LG-BD390. It also worked on the Philips BDP-9000.

Thanks, I've added the information to the future release notes.

Quote:

One thing to note, not sure if it means anything, both the DVDM and the AVCHD versions refused to load on a Panasonic BDP-30 although it is reported to work. The only thing that worked on that particular player was the AVCHD 1.3b.

The Version 2 release is still a work in progress, due to AVCHD compatibility. The AVCHD version that was previously one link away from the first page (2a) will not play on Panasonic players, and the latest AVCHD release (2c) still has one reported issue. Basically I'm not aware of any clearly-documented way to author 1080p/24 video as AVCHD with submenus, but I think the future authoring in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post19558963 should solve all previously-reported issues.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Hey guys can you tell me if AVS HD can be ran on a western digital live media player? If so which version would I need to download.

thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneyman View Post

western digital live media player?

The specifications list AVC, so I expect the MP4 version should play. I would suggest the downloads from:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19419370
Old 11-29-2010, 03:06 PM

I have what may be a dumb question. When viewing the flashing color bars (PS3 -> HDMI -> Samsung LN46C630), and with the blue mode enabled on the TV, I'm seeing a flashing border around the blue box in the first and fourth blue / grey bars. The middle of the box looks to be the same color as the surrounding bar, I'm just surprised that I have a noticeable border around the middle box - as if it were a third color.

Could this be indicative of a sharpness or contrast misconfiguration?

EDIT: To be clear, I don't see this border around the cyan or magenta boxes in the second and third columns.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlian View Post
I'm seeing a flashing border around the blue box in the first and fourth blue / grey bars.
I don't see this border around the cyan or magenta boxes in the second and third columns.
There are some differences between the original image and the way the video looks after being encoded and decoded. The differences mainly happen at edges between different colors. Attached is an image of what the reference decoder we use to check levels looks like, and I would say the effect is about the same for the color and tint boxes. The decoder or settings on the electronics could have an effect on the image, so various players and settings might not necessarily produce an identical image. As you move away from edges between colors the edge-effect goes away, so the general idea is to get the center of the box to most closely match the bar.

test0007.zip 28.8720703125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip test0007.zip (28.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-02-2010, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Can You Add A Chapter For Amplitude 100%,75%,50%,25% RGBYCM Pattents for ChromaPure Users @ AVSHD Future Release? Thanks

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The first post has been updated to the latest release. The current Version 2d revision was primarily made to correct the reported chapter issue with the AVCHD version on Panasonic players. The AVCHD increased significantly in download size, due to the revision, but attempts to reduce the AVCHD download size were unsuccessful. The HDMV also had some minor changes for Version 2d, and the MP4 remains at Version 2c from November 27. The only items I'm aware are missing would be the disc and sleeve labels, and they will be added at some other time. Thank you to bodosom accepting the Wuala invite, so that there was space to host the downloads. We have not previously used Wuala as the main file host, and otherwise I cannot anticipate any other possible areas that might have issue with this release. The previous report about TotalMedia Theatre 5 has been added as Known Issue #3.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Alluringreality,

I just got done testing the AVCHD2D.EXE version on my Panasonic BD85K. Everything works very well. It seems that the disk load times and chapter changes are quicker. The pop up menus all seem to work except in the HD Nation video. You can still use the top menu to navigate out of the video but chapter switches within the video and the pop up menu in the video do not seem functional. As a whole I see this as a very minor issue. Navigation throughout the pattern menu's works flawlessly and is quite intuitive.

Thank you so much for all the hours you have given the rest of us! What a great resource.

Michael
Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Can You Add A Chapter For Amplitude 100%,75%,50%,25% RGBYCM Pattents for ChromaPure Users @ AVSHD Future Release? Thanks

I see what you're talking about, yet no one informed me of the feature during the planning stages. The AVCHD and HDMV have been targeted at single-layer DVD media, and they are full. Currently I do not have plans for adding patterns, because it would require modifying other areas to stay within the current framework. I have considered a new Blu-ray project to add requests like this and address other limitations. So far there have only been a few requests for changes, so I do not know if there is enough demand for a new project.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Panasonic BD85K.
The pop up menus all seem to work except in the HD Nation video. You can still use the top menu to navigate out of the video but chapter switches within the video and the pop up menu in the video do not seem functional.

Thank you for the feedback. I've exhausted all my ideas on how to author everything as AVCHD, so I'll add it to the player notes.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 973
AVCHD 2d is working great. The pop up menu is a real time saver using ChromaPure. Thanks again for all your work.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

Old 12-03-2010, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I just burned the AVCHD2c the other day. Any reason to burn AVCHD2d for a PS3?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have just tried the AVCHD-2d with ArcSoft TMT5 and the menu did not work.
But the previous version 2c was working fine. Should I report it to ArcSoft ?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I see what you're talking about, yet no one informed me of the feature during the planning stages. The AVCHD and HDMV have been targeted at single-layer DVD media, and they are full. Currently I do not have plans for adding patterns, because it would require modifying other areas to stay within the current framework. I have considered a new Blu-ray project to add requests like this and address other limitations. So far there have only been a few requests for changes, so I do not know if there is enough demand for a new project.

Is It possible to move the project to Dual-Layer DVD-R Format to solve the capacity limitation? Thank you for all of your work to this very helpful project.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranle View Post

I have just tried the AVCHD-2d with ArcSoft TMT5 and the menu did not work.
But the previous version 2c was working fine. Should I report it to ArcSoft ?

Arcsoft must have made some change in their software on the latest release. The authoring works on their prior software and does not work on the latest release. Arcsoft may eventually release an update so that it functions the same as previous versions, but it wouldn't hurt to contact Arcsoft customer support. For what it's worth, PowerDVD also has issues like this at times, where a new release can break what worked in previous versions.

Edit: This was reported as fixed with the 5.0.1.86 release
Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I just burned the AVCHD2c the other day. Any reason to burn AVCHD2d for a PS3?

From an end-user AVCHD standpoint on the PS3, there's not much reason to get the latest release. Misc. Patterns Section F was added, but the PS3 should correctly ignore the flags. For most other AVCHD users, aside from the TotalMedia playback item, it would make sense to go with the latest version, because popup menus were added.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Is It possible to move the project to Dual-Layer DVD-R Format to solve the capacity limitation?

I simply don't consider it a compelling enough reason to require everything except HDMV to use dual-layer media. From my quick look at the program, I believe the 100% and 75% colors should work fine, and I simply don't consider 50% and 25% colors to have enough value to offset the general impact. It's something that would be easily applicable to a Blu-ray based project, but it's a serious issue for the current layout. There's always the option at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post16837914
Old 12-03-2010, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I simply don't consider it a compelling enough reason to require everything except HDMV to use dual-layer media. From my quick look at the program, I believe the 100% and 75% colors should work fine, and I simply don't consider 50% and 25% colors to have enough value to offset the general impact. It's something that would be easily applicable to a Blu-ray based project, but it's a serious issue for the current layout.[/url]
Adding Amplitute Color Patterns Option @ HDMV Version will give to All ChromaPure Users full support to all ChromaPure Features. I'm using AVSHD (HDMV Version) 100% & 75% Amplitute Color Patterns already but an Option of Amplitute Chapter with the Pattern order like you did with 'Saturation' Option will save us a lot of time having all patterns together in one place and easy to navigate and measure. It will give us the ability to meusure any color at different levels of brightness. It's a diagnostic feature available only @ ChromaPure Software and it will be great if you can add it to future release. Thank You

Old 12-04-2010, 03:16 PM

Downloaded AVCHD-2d.exe (625,325,484 bytes) yesterday

On extracting it shows 'Total size 4475 MB'

At 91% it stops at 4092 MB and reports 'There is not enough space on the disk'

I've tried this to two hard drives - both of which have 80 - 100 Gig free.

Corrupt file possibly? Hope not as it took 2 hours to download

Carnaby
Old 12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnaby View Post

Carnaby
Try downloading again using the Download Mirror given in post #1. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnaby View Post

Carnaby

4092 sounds suspiciously close to the file size limit for FAT-32. Your hard drives aren't formatted for that by any chance?

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , lg bp530
Gear in this thread - bp530 by PriceGrabber.com