Panasonic Service Menu Information - Where to find? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2007, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone point me to some links where I can find information about the settings in the service menu of my 50PX75U? I can get into the menu, but am looking for a description of what the menu items are and what they do.

I have searched this site and others for three days now and just when I think I am getting close to the info, I get a link to a site that no longer exists. And yes, I have tried all of the FAQs, etc -- they often link to sites that are not there anymore

I know the service manual for my set would be a great help, but where can I find one? If I have to buy one, how much do they cost?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: THX/ISF Calibrationist/Instructor, Calgary, AB, Canada
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Greetings

Don't take this personally ... but ...

Service manuals don't really define what every thing actually does. They are geared for service people ... and like it or not ... if you can't understand the acronyms thrown around in the documents ... you should not be reading it.

Don't take this personally.

The document is not aimed at the enthusiast.

This is the same thing as books on brain operations do not teach you to be a doctor first. It is assumed that you know that part.

The only real things you can do in the SM is grayscale ... as there are effectively 6 placeholders for that. 3 HD and 3 SD

Regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
ISF/THX/TLV Video Instructor
The Video Calibration Education Hub - www.TLVEXP.com

Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV View Post

Greetings

Don't take this personally ... but ...

Service manuals don't really define what every thing actually does. They are geared for service people ... and like it or not ... if you can't understand the acronyms thrown around in the documents ... you should not be reading it.

Don't take this personally.

The document is not aimed at the enthusiast.

This is the same thing as books on brain operations do not teach you to be a doctor first. It is assumed that you know that part.

The only real things you can do in the SM is grayscale ... as there are effectively 6 placeholders for that. 3 HD and 3 SD

Regards

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to mess with the grayscale settings and that is why I would like the info - so I know what NOT to mess with.

The sequence for entering the SM on these sets is readily available, however usage information is not. That to me is very dangerous as some people (not me) would be temped to go in there and start messing with stuff to see what it does.

I mainly want to reduce my overscan a bit, and I finally did find that info here. Although I'm not sure if this works with the PX75 series.

Back when I had a Mitts CRT RPTV, I found lots of info about the service menu and how to do mechanical/electronic focus online. I was able to dramatically improve the detail in the picture by reducing overscan and performing the focusing procedures.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: THX/ISF Calibrationist/Instructor, Calgary, AB, Canada
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Greetings

No overscan in the SM from what I have seen so far ...

The industrial models have it ... but normally not the consumer models.

No doubt there are extended Designer Menus embedded in the TV where that information can be adjusted ... but service manuals don't have this information. This area goes under the heading of TV design philosophy ... which few are permitted to look at.

regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
ISF/THX/TLV Video Instructor
The Video Calibration Education Hub - www.TLVEXP.com

Old 12-15-2007, 11:19 PM

I've been told some manufacturers will completely void your warranty if you've gone through your service menu and aren't a certified technician.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaVegas View Post

I've been told some manufacturers will completely void your warranty if you've gone through your service menu and aren't a certified technician.

That's true, but I don't think there is any way for them to know if you don't change anything.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 AM

Here you can find a downloadable for yr TV https://www.manualsparadise.com/Show...odel=M92282121
I ordered one for my Panasonic TH 42pz70ea (european model) a couple of weeks ago, but be informed that there is nothing in the manual(s) about the SM. I think I payed ~$30. My pana has shift and size for H and V in the SM.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by andredeclercq View Post

My pana has shift and size for H and V in the SM.

Aw man, this is exactly what I'm looking for! I have a TH-58PZ700U. How did you adjust overscan for your set...I suspect it might be the same procedure for mine!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:49 PM

Enter Service mode (3 times "0" while pressing the "V/-" on the side panel). Press 1 or 2 on the remote control for the service tool and toggle with 3 and 4 for V an H corrections. As long as you don't press "OK" on the remote control, nothing wil be saved.Press "exit" on the remote control to leave the SM.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:12 PM

found this on another thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuts34 View Post

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/pa...nload-pdf.html

Click on "Untitled"
Then click on "Electronic Service Literature"
Enter Model # and search

i was able to get one for the th-50pz85u. good luck.