Dve - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-19-2008, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got DVE and the dang thing nearly put me to sleep!!! Why can't they just go right to the gray-scale screen and say "set your display to ...", and then the color pluge and just tell you what do do?

Anyway, I did the easy calibration and now my set really looks amazing. I don't like basketball, yet I was watching it just for the "wow"!

I tried the advanced calibration but got too bored watching and waiting for instructions. So what are the red and green filters for? I set the color with the blue filter (per the instructions) and even though I was not asked to adjust for red and green I did anyway. As I adjusted the color for the red and green, then the blue went out of line.

I'll try watching it again when I am fresh and have lots of caffeine to keep me awake.

The disc I have is the combo HD DVD. Since I don't have a HD-DVD I played it with the other side, but it kept referencing a "crt" tv. Are both sides the same as far as TV calibration? If I put in the HD side would anything happen?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE919 View Post

I got DVE and the dang thing nearly put me to sleep!!! Why can't they just go right to the gray-scale screen and say "set your display to ...", and then the color pluge and just tell you what do do?

Anyway, I did the easy calibration and now my set really looks amazing. I don't like basketball, yet I was watching it just for the "wow"!

I tried the advanced calibration but got too bored watching and waiting for instructions. So what are the red and green filters for? I set the color with the blue filter (per the instructions) and even though I was not asked to adjust for red and green I did anyway. As I adjusted the color for the red and green, then the blue went out of line.

I'll try watching it again when I am fresh and have lots of caffeine to keep me awake.

The disc I have is the combo HD DVD. Since I don't have a HD-DVD I played it with the other side, but it kept referencing a "crt" tv. Are both sides the same as far as TV calibration? If I put in the HD side would anything happen?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, you have to listen to the "boring" parts so you actually know what you are doing. Comes with the territory. A lot of color patterns only use one filter (which would be explained in the directions) and using the other colors are incorrect.

AVS HD 709 - Free calibration disks
The 2007 Patriots: 18 -1
Tom who?
"...the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot..." - The Mall Ninja
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page