Originally Posted by jdbimmer
I realize that this is somewhat off-topic from your original RGB vs. Continuous problem, but I have to see what this box looks like...post a photo if you can, I am curious
. What about checking the box for any impact on color measurements? I am not sure how the box is configured, but even if it looks neutral gray or black, it may not be. As an extreme example, if the box was red, the light from the test pattern could reflect off the box and shift the reading towards red.
Hehhe I understand. Remember that last night when experiencing the RGB problem, there was no shoebox, but yes maybe I should paint it in matte black....
I had a test right now (it's night again in Italy!)
1) I've put the sensor in a leather sack (complitely black no light can get inside)
2) turned off the lights and TV, and reclibrated the offsets
3) Threw some measures in complitely dark and TV off conditions, just after recal: x=0.320, y=0.195, Y=0.000
3) Attached the sensor to the TV (off) with the box, turned on the lights and measured with HCFR.
4) No changes!!! Also if turning on 2x200 Halogen lamps in the room!
HCFR measures same values: x=0.320, y=0.195, Y=0.000
I'm sure the box is far from perfect but having the sensor attached to the screen plus the box around it it looks like if it works. Dunno about color reflections, but as you can see in the pics I'm attaching, the sensor is about 1,5cm far from sensor's shell border..