Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaun View Post

I did.

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/index_en.php

HCFR = H ome C inema FR ance

it is in french but you can ask questions in english.

I do not speak French so again it will not help me. I hope you can understand that. Are they going to respond in English to my questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 985 Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can someone simply post Beta160 here for us to try? Trying to navigate the French site is nearly impossible without knowing the language.

-Dave
post #543 of 985 Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyedge View Post

I do not speak French so again it will not help me. I hope you can understand that. Are they going to respond in English to my questions?

Yes we will respong in english !

Version 160 was a beta to have some initial Spyder 3 support feedback, it is NOT a stable release. We plan an release in the next few weeks.

In mean time, let me know if you need it...

--Patrice

French speaking home theater HCFR Forum
post #544 of 985 Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 AM

Patrice,

Merci for the Beta it's working great for me. I have noticed that after 'training' the spyder i'm getting excellent x,y results but that the spyder is giving me lower 'Y' values then my eye-one pro.

Any additional new features that need testing ?

@Manny,

the second link i gave you is the English page.
btw: Google.com has a fairly decent online web page translator that should get you going even without knowing french.

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#
post #545 of 985 Old 09-25-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laric View Post

Version 160 was a beta to have some initial Spyder 3 support feedback, it is NOT a stable release. We plan an release in the next few weeks.

--Patrice

Yes, I would like to try it. I think Dbower as well would like it, too.

Does the beta program still have you change the RGB levels in your LCD TV?

Thanks,

Manny
post #546 of 985 Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Hello!

Anyone know when HCFR v2.1 is ready? Is it possible to get a hold of a beta release?

Vintage Snell Lover!!
post #547 of 985 Old 10-15-2008, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laric View Post

--Patrice

Hi Patrice ,
Can you tell us what you are currently working on that would become the new version ?

Scott......................

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
post #548 of 985 Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

It's been a while since I've used HCFR, my last calibration was with 1.2. I just downloaded version 2 and have a couple questions. Please forgive me if they have already been asked ...

My display is a projector. In the last version i was pretty sure the ambient mode for the EyeOne Display LT was not working. so I took my measurements off the screen after I had done the screen offset method. Does the ambient light mode now work for the EyeOne in version 2? If it does, and my understanding is correct, I should be able to take the measurement with the diffuser installed and the sensor aimed at the PJ right? Woud I still need to do the screen offset?

Thanks!
post #549 of 985 Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM

When I try to run HCFR I receive the following message:

"EyeOne.dll not found. Cannot use EyeOne device. This DLL can be found in probe software installation directory. Please copy it inside HCFR Colorimeter installation directory"

I haven't found this DLL at the EyeOne installation disk.

Help welcome.
Thanks
marcosreg
post #550 of 985 Old 10-17-2008, 05:59 AM

Download the i1Diagnostics software from xrite.com and install it. Copy the "EyeOne.dll" file from \\Program Files\\X-Rite\\i1Diagnostics to \\Program Files\\ColorHCFR\\.
post #551 of 985 Old 10-18-2008, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just finished building the HCFR Probe. I also have a Spyder2. I am using version 2.0.1 and I have a Sony 60XBR2. At one point, I saw a probe calibration file but can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a calibration file for the HCFR probe and a Sony 60XBR2?

Thanks.

-Tony
post #552 of 985 Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 AM

Does anyone have any clue on a release date for the new HCFR Software? It's been around the corner for quite some time now...

Vintage Snell Lover!!
post #553 of 985 Old 11-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I finally had a play with v2.0 over the weekend and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, how is dE calculated for the primaries/secondaries? Is this CIE1994 and if so can we please add CIE2000?

How is dE calculated for the greyscale? (Is xyY_Y taken into account and presumably this requires a gamma assumption and error computation?)

Can someone explain how to intepret the arrow/dart board graphic? Is there a way to display a continuous dE calculation versus the relevant primary/secondary?

Any further progress on replicating ISF access to such controls as those for gamma?

Regards

Steve

Egglestonworks Andra III, Andra III Centre, Rosa (as surround). Rel Stentor II. Theta CB IV. Krell FPB 200 and two KAV 150a amps. Custom-built audio server. Oppo 103EU. Apple TV. Pioneer PDP-LX608D. Synergistic Research "Element Copper" front speaker cable. Cardas Clear Light bal interconnects.
post #554 of 985 Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Re the above post, I am using ColorHCFR running Parallels on a Mac computer. I don't seem to be able to generate a "right click" properly......

Egglestonworks Andra III, Andra III Centre, Rosa (as surround). Rel Stentor II. Theta CB IV. Krell FPB 200 and two KAV 150a amps. Custom-built audio server. Oppo 103EU. Apple TV. Pioneer PDP-LX608D. Synergistic Research "Element Copper" front speaker cable. Cardas Clear Light bal interconnects.
post #555 of 985 Old 11-19-2008, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekale View Post

I finally had a play with v2.0 over the weekend and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, how is dE calculated for the primaries/secondaries? Is this CIE1994 and if so can we please add CIE2000?

How is dE calculated for the greyscale? (Is xyY_Y taken into account and presumably this requires a gamma assumption and error computation?)

Can someone explain how to intepret the arrow/dart board graphic? Is there a way to display a continuous dE calculation versus the relevant primary/secondary?

Any further progress on replicating ISF access to such controls as those for gamma?

Regards

Steve

Seems very quiet around here. Looks like the HCFR team hasn't posted in a couple months? Must have gotten very busy with their work.

I too am wondering about Steve's questions above. Mainly, how does Y factor into the dE calculation assuming we leave the default in 2.x to include Y in the dE calculation.

My main question about that is that the proper Y level is dependent on what signal level you are reading. So in the grayscale measures I can understand that because it knows for each reading what the level is.

But when I do a Free Measure, how could it possibly factor Y into the dE since it would have no idea what level I was reading? For instance, I could do a Free Measure with a 20% full field, or say a 80% full field. It doesn't know which I used, so how can it then factor Y into the dE? Unless perhaps Y only is factored into dE in the Grayscale Measurements but not in Free Measures?

Also on a related note, I went into the Measures window and I purposely edited the 40 level and changed the measured Y to something higher and lower and it didn't move the dE. So maybe that's a bug or they don't include Y in dE if you manually edit the field?

Anyone know?
post #556 of 985 Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm not a developer, but I'll give my take from using the program.

Quote:

I think it's 1976, but I don't want to check with a spreadsheet right now.

Quote:

I think xy is used for grayscale and xyY is used for color. Go to Preferences, and on the advanced tab at the bottom there are checkboxes. Bear5k has made comments that for a technically correct deltaE you have to also account for white for colors, but personally I see more issue with deltaE in general than that.

Quote:

I think it's probab.y similar to the CalMAN bullseye, where the target is in relation to the xy CIE diagram. Personally I don't find much use for those items and again don't care to check right now, but I would guess the following. If you're measuring grayscale if the arrow is to the left of center you're probably short on red. If for example the arrow is to the upper right, then you probably need to add blue. Personally I consider the RGB bars easier to understand for grayscale because they're just supposed to be even, and for color I can look at the CIE diagram to look at xy position.
post #557 of 985 Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You are right

BTW, we were all busy with many different things, to give you a quick update, we are about to release version 2.1 that mainly add official Spyder 3 support (as well as bug fixes here and there...)

A MacOSX version is also in beta stage, i'm not sure it'll be realease at the same time as windows one, but it is now a reality

--Patrice

post #558 of 985 Old 11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally had an opportunity to work with HCRF v2.01 and it is fantastic and a large improvement over 1.2 IMO. Although I liked 1.2 I had issues with delayed readings with the Spyder II meter as well as issues doing "meter training". I was thrilled to see all this corrected in v2 as well as all the improvements, so a major congratulations to the HFCR team!

I would like to kindly suggest the following features for consideration in an upcoming version of HCFR. If there are already ways to do any of this in the current version please let me know!

1) Please make it so that when a particular cell in the Measures grid (or free measures grid) is moused over, a pop up (tooltip) appears showing its full value. For instance the grid may show a Y measure of 0.002. But I have to select the option to edit it and then click in the cell to see that it is 0.00194. Either that or I have to export it. This is especially a pain when using an adjusted XYZ/reference because the cells are not editable.

2) In the window below the measures tab there is a target graphic shown and a series of data points like x y etc that update as you take a Free Measure. Please add dE to this list - perhaps right under the target as someone else suggested.

3) Please add a way to define hot keys that take you between certain windows, like a hot key to bring up Free Measures and a hot key to bring up Grayscale Measures. I frequently have to go back and forth and it is slow to have to click on the down arrow to select the one I want.

4) Please add a way that I can take a Free Measure and tell HFCR "ok I am measuring red" and then it can show me xy AND dE. Currently I can take Free Meaures and see xy and even see where the new point is on the CIE, but I can't get dE from it.

The only way I can get dE for color now is to do a Measure Primaries. However that forces me to do white, red, blue, green. However I just want to do red, see how close I am for xyY, then repeat red and see if I improved and repeat until its dialed in. So having to remeasure all primaries to get the dE when I'm focused on just one color is slow.

5) Add a new Grayscale Comparison feature. The way I envision this working is that you first run a full grayscale measure (either 10 or 20 steps). And it remembers this as a "first run". Then you make whatever calibration adjustments to your display and when ready, you run another grayscale and tell it "ok this is run two". Then it provides the RGB w/dE graph with the second results overlaid on the first. This would make it very easy to see which run was better, what areas of the grayscale improved or got worse between runs etc. Yes I know this can be done now with two windows next to each other and eyeballing the results but having it on one graph overlaid would be fantastic!

6) As part 2 to feature #5 above, it would be great if it could also work like this... First you run a grayscale and it charts it. Then you toggle a "tweak grayscale mode" type of feature in HCFR and take free measures and you tell it "ok I'm measuring 75% now". Then it overlays the new 75% reading into the "first run" grayscale graph so you can see whether that adjustment was an improvement or not. Then you can repeat this as often as you like, changing the target level and seeing where the new points are.

I'm not sure about how most of you do your calibration, but what I find works the best and fastest for me is to run a full grayscale and see where I'm at. Then I look for problem spots and tweak, then somewhat randomly check several levels above and below the spot I just tweaked to see how that changed things. Then I repeat tweaks at nearby levels, essentially doing free measures to make my own grayscale measurements but one at a time as I bounce back and forth to tweak things. Then once things seem in control I'll run a new grayscale. Then I have to compare the latest to the previous and go from there. So in summary, anything that helps with such comparisons is a big plus.

7) Please add a feature that lets you highlight a free measure, right-click and select Copy, and then go to the Grayscale editable grid, highlight one of the 0-100 levels, and right-click and select Paste. I find myself frequently having to copy free measures into the grayscale grid so that I can see how the new point goes in the RGB graph (essentially a manual version of what I am suggesting in #6 above). Which brings me to #8

8) Please enable the ability to paste values from the clipboard into the editable grayscale measures grid. It will let you copy values to the clipboard, but when you go to Paste nothing happens.

I hope this is good food for thought. I'm sure I'll come up with plenty more ideas for your consideration as I continue to use HCFR, especially now that v2 works so great I now use it as my calibration tool of choice! Once again, a giant thank you and congratulations to the HCFR team.
post #559 of 985 Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Overall my opinion is that ColorHCFR does a lot of things right. If I could choose one or two new items to implement, target Y calculation for colors based on measured xy would be near the top of my list. I like the Accupel calculator to look at target Y based on meaured xy of colors, but it takes a lot of work to use if xy changes. Since most displays don't have a CMS I think this would be a good feature to quickly set color. If I could choose one other item it would be the next quoted suggestion. Of course I didn't find C or assembly interesting enough to learn how to program myself, so generally all I can say is hell of a job to the ColorHCFR team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

6)... Then you toggle a "tweak grayscale mode" type of feature in HCFR and take free measures and you tell it "ok I'm measuring 75% now".

Out of the items I've tried from CalMAN, the only feature I really like so far is that you can select which item in a series that you currently want to measure. It can be used like mentioned here to replace a measure, but what I find it useful for is that if I happen to make a mistake at say 80% in a grayscale run I don't have to re-run the entire series. If CalMAN had the option to switch patterns on the up/down/L/R keypad it would be a very nice feature. For example if L was go back pattern and R was go forward pattern and down was measure pattern that would be very efficient. The way CalMAN is implemented though I find it easier to just use the autostep forward and free measures in ColorHCFR for manual measurements.

If what you're talking about here was implemented in a usable fashion so that the default auto-step forward behavior still remained, I think this would be a worthwhile feature. Maybe there could be an option added (like a checkbox) so that it would be possible to shut off the autoadvance and to select an indivdual item to measure. I do understand this might be a difficult feature to implement in the current framework, but it would be a nice feature to be able to either autoadvance or manually choose which item you want to measure in a series.

Quote:

1) Please make it so that when a particular cell in the Measures grid (or free measures grid) is moused over, a pop up (tooltip) appears showing its full value. For instance the grid may show a Y measure of 0.002. But I have to select the option to edit it and then click in the cell to see that it is 0.00194.

Personally I think three decimals makes sense so that xy goes to the relevant decimal, and I can't think of an example where higher accuracy really matters. In the example here even 0.002 isn't accurate for Y, so more decimal points would just imply a higher accuracy than actually exists.

Quote:

Please add dE to this list

Delta E 1976 doesn't even try to be perceptually uniform, so I really miss the general value of closely watching dE numbers. For example if you have an oversaturated green that has a good hue, dE 1976 will indicate reducing lightness of green to lower dE. If green is much oversaturated the minimum dE will appear at a very low lightness that looks nothing like intended. Delta E 1994 will also suggest the same change, but lightness isn't quite so low.

Quote:

Add a new Grayscale Comparison feature.

I think you can already do what you're asking for here. Take one run, and then click the reference meaure in the upper right of the measures tab. Click new and then take a second run. The first and second run will both display on the graphics for the second run.

Quote:

8) Please enable the ability to paste values from the clipboard into the editable grayscale measures grid.

Far as I can tell ctrl+c and then ctrl+v already works. If I select the column on copy and then select the first line on paste it works for me.
post #560 of 985 Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post

but what I find it useful for is that if I happen to make a mistake at say 80% in a grayscale run I don't have to re-run the entire series.

Funny you should mention that - that's exactly what happened to me. While doing a grayscale I forgot to advance to the next image on the Blu Ray player and wound up measuring 80% twice. So afterwards I went back and did a free measure of 80, then proceeded to (manually) copy the entires from the Free Measures grid to the Grayscale grid.

However this was quite a pain because I use an XYZ Adjustment so the fields are not editable. So I have to turn the adjustment off, then click in each cell (for x, y and Y separately) within the free measures grid, write them down, the manually click in the grayscale grid and manually type them in to the full decimal point in each x y and Y. This is because copy/paste does not work for me (more on that below).

Quote:

Personally I think three decimals makes sense so that xy goes to the relevant decimal, and I can't think of an example where higher accuracy really matters. In the example here even 0.002 isn't accurate for Y, so more decimal points would just imply a higher accuracy than actually exists.

What I wrote in my last paragraph above is a great example of why I want the full decimal places - I don't want to copy .299 into Grayscale Measures when referencing a measure I want to duplicate from Free Measures when the measure is actually 0.299460.

So in order to see the full 0.299460 in the cell instead of just the 0.299 it displays, I have to click in the cell.

In fact allow me to detail 3 bugs I just came across:

Bug 1: Furthermore there is a tiny bug in that one cannot then highlight the full value and copy it to the clipboard. It will not copy. As an exercise try this, make your cells editable, then go into any cell, highlight the number in there and press CTRL-C. Then go into any program like Notepad or whatever and try to paste it in. You'll get nothing or whatever was in the clipboard before you tried CTRL-C - so the copy to clipboard of CTRL-C is confirmed NOT to work in these cases.

Bug 2: Likewise copy any value into your clipboard like 0.123456 from notepad or wherever, then go into a cell and try CTRL-V to paste - nothing happens. Paste operation does not work.

Quote:

Far as I can tell ctrl+c and then ctrl+v already works. If I select the column on copy and then select the first line on paste it works for me.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. If you highlight all the rows in a column in a measure you can use CTRL-C and then CTRL-V to paste it into another set of
rows in a column, however doing so truncates the decimal places to 3 places so you lose precision, which brings me to bug 3:

Bug 3: A highlighted columns that are copied and then pasted into another set of columns results in a lose of precision of the numbers in the pasted values. Replicate like this: a) run a grayscale measure, b) click to highlight the results for 30% gray and hit CTRL-C, c) click to highlight the results for 40% gray and press CTRL-V.

At first glance it seems this worked as expected, as the numbers in 30% and 40% look identical. However now click in the cells in the 40% column and you'll see they've all be truncated at the 3rd decimal place. For example if you click in the x y and Y for 30% as saw:
x=0.360326
y=0.312582
Y=0.046348

when you click on x y and Y in 40% instead you would see there:

Perhaps this would not have a significant impact on all types of measurements, but I like to be as exact as possible and as such am forced to manually write down each value (or try to memorize it) because CTRL-C does not work, and the manually have to type in each value because CTRL-V does not work.

One example where this error can and does make a huge difference is in on/off contrast measures when it comes to black level: Let's say my white reading is 60, and my black level is 0.002489. That works out to 24106:1 CR. Now with the pasting error it would be 60 / 0.002000 which works out to 30,000:1. So this decimal precision issue would then cause the on/off CR measure to be overstated by 25%! This is why I put forth that maintain full decimal precision across copy and paste operations is important.

Now, one may argue that it doesn't really matter because the readings are not accurate at that decimal precision anyway. But nonetheless if I'm copying a measure from one place to another I want it to be exact for consistency purposes.

Quote:

Delta E 1976 doesn't even try to be perceptually uniform, so I really miss the general value of closely watching dE numbers. For example if you have an oversaturated green that has a good hue, dE 1976 will indicate reducing lightness of green to lower dE. If green is much oversaturated the minimum dE will appear at a very low lightness that looks nothing like intended. Delta E 1994 will also suggest the same change, but lightness isn't quite so low.

I am mainly referring to dE of the grayscale measurements. Currently I have to be in the Free Measures window when I take a free measure if I want to see dE. What I want to be able to do is remain in the Grayscale Measures window, take a free measure, and see the dE included will all the other info that shows up in the "Selected Color" portion of that window for the free measure.

Quote:

I think you can already do what you're asking for here. Take one run, and then click the reference meaure in the upper right of the measures tab. Click new and then take a second run. The first and second run will both display on the graphics for the second run.

Yes indeed! Thank you. I didn't realize this and this is very helpful. I thought that reference check box was used only as part of the meter training, but I see now its other purpose. It would still be great to tell HCFR "ok I'm measuring 60% as a free measure - now plot it on the RGB graph". This would be similar to how free measures automatically plot today on the CIE chart. The key difference of course is with the CIE chart you don't have to tell it what % level you are reading, whereas with the RGB Graph you would - and perhaps that's why it is not implemented, yet.

Thanks for all the great input and opportunity to provide this feedback. I look forward to hearing additional thoughts on this.
post #561 of 985 Old 11-21-2008, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

[b]Bug 1:

Right click works, but the shortcut doesn't. I didn't test the buttons at the top.

Quote:

[b]Bug 2:

If I highlight the cell the shortcut works. If I make the cell open right click works. I didn't test the buttons at the top.

Quote:

[b]Bug 3:

I think v1 might have been different in this regard, and I hadn't noticed the truncation on copy and paste with v2. Now that you mention it, yes it's only three decimals on v2. I used to copy and paste to a spreadsheet with v1 and I think the previous version copied all the information. With XYZ to three decimals isn't really going to affect anything in a practical manner.

There is still sort of a workaround in the current version, but you would just have to use another sheet instead of free measures. If you go to the Advanced menu you can still export to xls like the previous version. If you copy XYZ from a spreadsheet you can then paste back into the program and it seems to retain all decimals as far as I can tell on a quick look.

Quote:

It would still be great to tell HCFR "ok I'm measuring 60% as a free measure - now plot it on the RGB graph"

The RGB bars in the "selected color" area at the left are the same as the RGB graph.
post #562 of 985 Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

"
Quote:
I am mainly referring to dE of the grayscale measurements. Currently I have to be in the Free Measures window when I take a free measure if I want to see dE. What I want to be able to do is remain in the Grayscale Measures window, take a free measure, and see the dE included will all the other info that shows up in the "Selected Color" portion of that window for the free measure."

dE1976 does attempt to provide a perceptual difference in colour. The issue is that the colour space on which it is based isn't perceptually uniform and so the result is "weak". Improvements have been made to create more perceptually uniform colour spaces (eg CIELab and beyond) and better estimations of perceived error, eg dE2000.

At the end of the day, calibration obviously benefits from a rigorously (scientifically) determined measure of perceived colour difference (dE) that reflects start of the art colour science. If nothing else it helps us communicate (witness the sister thread discussing calibration results). It can always be dismissed with manual over-ride for aesthetic preferences or compromises.

Presumably (with white and black measured) one can continuously measure a primary/secondary and have displayed information which shows overall dE and measures of luminance error. I was surprised by the statement "If green is much oversaturated the minimum dE will appear at a very low lightness that looks nothing like intended. Delta E 1994 will also suggest the same change, but lightness isn't quite so low." Presumably if it "looks nothing like intended" then a perceptually accurate measure of dE is very high.

(If one has the ability to accurately control gamma, then such information might even be useful for greyscale as well although it would require a gamma formula assumption (which we have to make anyway).)

Personally I would be grateful if ColorHCFR displayed continuous measures of dE (and a choice of 76, 94, 00 etc). It ought to also be able to automatically determine whether red, green or magenta is being measured and calculate from there - hopefully one's starting point or pure visual adjustments get us errors that make determining what prim/sec is being measured fairly straightforward.

post #563 of 985 Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

dE1976 does attempt to provide a perceptual difference in colour. The issue is that the colour space on which it is based isn't perceptually uniform and so the result is "weak".

Use whatever terms you want, but dE1976 is basically just a distance formula (http://www.brucelindbloom.com/index....taE_CIE76.html) and entirely relies on the colorspace. As an end-user trying to find a minimum dE1976 for the example of an oversaturated green makes no sense at all. My point was primarily that as long as the program uses dE1976 I would generally consider it a mistake to make it easier to look at dE for colors as requested.
post #564 of 985 Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Fair and hence my request for the option to use an improved color difference calculation. If dE were perfect (i.e. an accurate computation of perceived colour difference and hence error) then targeting min dE in real time is very useful. To step away from it as a tool is merely to reject it's value in computing perceived difference.

post #565 of 985 Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
It's interesting that Delta-E has come up as I just did a recalibration of my set due to some really "off looking" stuff I was seeing at lower IRE with my SXRD set which had it's light engine replaced six months ago and just got a bulb replacement a month ago.

I noticed that the picture had a washed out look to it even though grayscale was pretty well adjusted, etc.

Looking in free measures I could see that Delta E was all over the place at the lower IREs especially. I changed the color setting on the TV and recalibrated gray scale and now Delta-E is between 2-4 for all measurements and has resulted in a notably improved picture, especially in darker areas.
post #566 of 985 Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 AM

Hello,

I'm from Germany and want to calibrate my Samsung A656 by myself.
I want use the HCFR software so I had a look to the supported sensors. First I would buy the Eye-One sensor but I get the advice to buy a DTP94 because it is generally more accurate . Now it is not so easy to get an eye-one or an DTP here in Germany. Now I have seen that there is an sensor that should be the DTP94 but I am not sure. So I hope you can help me. The sensor is called "Quato Silver Haze Pro". In my opinion these should be a bundle with the DTP94 and a software by Quato.
Is this sensor the called DTP94 and supported by the HCFR software ?

Thanks and kind regards
Butty
post #567 of 985 Old 11-29-2008, 03:18 AM

nobody an idea ?
post #568 of 985 Old 11-29-2008, 05:59 AM

There's a telephone number and email address on the monochrom.com website.
post #569 of 985 Old 12-05-2008, 03:44 AM

@ Butty
i have the DTP94 from the bundle Quato Silver Haze.
It works fine.
Please send me a PM in german.
Greatings from Frankfurt/Main
Klaus
post #570 of 985 Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hello,

Just a quick note to mention Release 2.1 will be out later this week; beside bug correction (including the cut and paste Richard mention earlier in this thread ) the main news is full support of Spyder 3 probe...

More to come this week-end.

--Patrice

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page