Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,

About a year after releasing v1.22f we are now proundly announcing availability of ColorHCFR v2.0.

You will find it here : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/ColorHCFR/index_en.php

I would like to take the oportunity to thanks all our team members and especially Georges G. that drive and code a huge amount of this new version (almost 80% of code is different )
Also many thanks to Benoit (Ki) and Michel (mlill) for their huge number of tests and feedback... and obviously to many AVS posters and testers, Zoyd, alluringreality, hwjohn, lovingdvd and many others.

We really hope you'll enjoy this new release, we have tried to add many features you were asking for... Everything won't be there, some may find this and that not the way they'd like, but as usual we had to make some compromise, but really think the goal is acheived.
This version is faster, better and even more accurate than before (especially when using third party probes).

This version did not install itself in same directory as 1.22 (this is on purpose)
You can chose to do so, no problem, but you'll have to ammend the default install dir (now "ColorHCFR")
I would anyway recommend you de-install v1.22f (although there is no problem at all to install v2.0 on top of it).
Take care, if you zap former version, you may have copied some probe DLLs in the "Colorimeter_HCFR" directory, you will have to copy them again to the new v2.0 "ColorHCFR" dir.

Version 2.0 fully open and manage v1.22f files, the reverse is not true (file format change).
BTW, we strongly encourage you to upgrade

Many changes in this version, starting with a new user interface and many other cool things, build-in pattern generator, fixes, probe tunning, build in help file in French & English, etc, etc...

We let you discover all this and are waiting for your feedback

Obviously this version (and any others) is free and is release under GPL licence.

We are hoping you'd be pleased by this version, we will now work on upcoming v2.1 (yes, there is still some stuff to do, especially add new probes and some feature not tuned enough to make it to v2.0)

Update 19/01/2009, Release 2.1 now available, main addition being Spyder III probe support.

Enjoy,
--ColorHCFR Team

French speaking home theater
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I was going to install on previous 1.22 but I thought that if the software need shaping it's better to wait?

Is there a known bug list? Just to let user decide if they want to overwrite 1.22 or keep both.

Thanks
post #3 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

No bugs... yet

We don't expect big problems, this version is running as beta with quite a lot of people since a few months...

Anyway, you can have 1.22 and 2.0 alongside (not i same dir).

--Patrice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutarsky View Post

I was going to install on previous 1.22 but I thought that if the software need shaping it's better to wait?

Is there a known bug list? Just to let user decide if they want to overwrite 1.22 or keep both.

Thanks

I have been running it for a couple months or so and no problems (I told Patrice I would report any problems and never had to message him )... the new GUI is great and there are some useful new features... definitely give it a try.

The 2007 Patriots: 18 -1
Tom who?
"...the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot..." - The Mall Ninja
post #5 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I agree that the new GUI is improved. I'll report back after downloading the final version, but I only noticed two items with the last beta:

1) I'm not sure if the red saturation patterns were correct for 16-235 (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=980723)
2) I seemed to get different values for *Lab using brucelindbloom.com than what the program reported (Brought up by another person in main ColorHCFR thread)

post #6 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

I've read that version 2 has more accurate reading, with third party sensors; will we get better results?

Also another question: my DVD player and my sat decoder, while being PAL, have an option to output PAL or RGB and currently are set to output RGB.

Does it mean I have to choose special settings within HCFR?
post #7 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

A Big thank you for 2.0 to all of the HCFR team.....
post #8 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:15 AM

Regarding the paypal link for donations on HCFR website: I put my home address in the form, and left the Country listing as "France" because I did not see a "USA" option. Do you know if this will result in a correct payment?

That's a picture of Leadbelly's grave in Shiloh Baptist Church Cemetery Mooringsport Caddo Parish Louisiana (with Arlo Gutherie's guitar picks placed in memoriam). Arlo put them on his grave in 2005 and they were still there in 2012.
post #9 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM

Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutarsky View Post

I've read that version 2 has more accurate reading, with third party sensors; will we get better results?

The most evident gain in accuracy concerns Eye One Display 2 used to measure plasma screens. It was an issue in V1.22 we corrected in the new release. We also found a very subtle accuracy problem, in some particular conditions. Something so tiny nobody noticed that before. Something which couldn't make your measures wrong, but in an intellectual way, it was not perfectly satisfying.

I don't want to say what was that bug... Maybe one day, we could find that bug inside competitor programs. And since competitors do not reveal their own secrets, I will keep mine
Quote:

Also another question: my DVD player and my sat decoder, while being PAL, have an option to output PAL or RGB and currently are set to output RGB.

Does it mean I have to choose special settings within HCFR?

No, nothing special to do with that

Regards
Georges
post #10 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 62
A massive thanks to all the team concerned, worth the wait indeed, thank you!
post #11 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

One note to all beta testers, obviously you must upgrade to final version...

--Patrice

post #12 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwellflash View Post

Regarding the paypal link for donations on HCFR website: I put my home address in the form, and left the Country listing as "France" because I did not see a "USA" option. Do you know if this will result in a correct payment?

I got an email from paypal in french that indicates the payment was handled correctly. The only thing odd about it is that it puts France as last line in my address. If I had used my paypal account in the US, perhaps it would have listed my address correctly. Anyway, the paypal form, though in french, is easy enough to follow for non-french speakers, and works with US credit cards. Using the form on the right side of the paypal screen to enter your paypal account name and password (if you have one) is probably the preferred route. Otherwise, just entering your name, address, account number, expiration date, and your 3-digit security code works fine.

That's a picture of Leadbelly's grave in Shiloh Baptist Church Cemetery Mooringsport Caddo Parish Louisiana (with Arlo Gutherie's guitar picks placed in memoriam). Arlo put them on his grave in 2005 and they were still there in 2012.
post #13 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges G View Post

...The most evident gain in accuracy concerns Eye One Display 2 used to measure plasma screens....

You see? I was right to PayPal you!!
post #14 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwellflash View Post

I got an email from paypal in french that indicates the payment was handled correctly. The only thing odd about it is that it puts France as last line in my address. If I had used my paypal account in the US, perhaps it would have listed my address correctly. Anyway, the paypal form, though in french, is easy enough to follow for non-french speakers, and works with US credit cards. Using the form on the right side of the paypal screen to enter your paypal account name and password (if you have one) is probably the preferred route. Otherwise, just entering your name, address, account number, expiration date, and your 3-digit security code works fine.

Thanks for the info, I will soon add a bit more stuff on the initial page so people can leave more details (if they want to)...

As for Paypal process itself, I dunno really HCFR obviously have it's account but I have limited info on setup, it should be possible to instruct it to swap to english... i'll investigate.

--Patrice

post #15 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Un gros merci. Really, the fact that this program is available really amazes me. Greatly appreciated, especially as a learning tool as well. Anyway, can't wait to try this new version later
post #16 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

There goes my weekend! Clogged gutters can wait even longer. I look forward to playing with it. Thank you. Thank you.

Dave
post #17 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 PM

Outstanding! Thanks to all of the HCFR team for their great work!
post #18 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 04:28 PM

My congratulations for your huge efforts. I didn't try it yet, but all that work is worth at least our thanks and gratitude.
post #19 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Yeah, there goes my weekend as well

Many thanks to the continued efforts of the entire ColorHCFR team
post #20 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I managed to take 2.0 for a quick spin with my DisplayLT. My comments as follows.

1. It took me a few minutes to get used to the new user interface, but now that that is done I think I've got it down.

2. It's definitely much better in terms of response time for readings. I never had any of the "pauses" that used to happen in 1.22.

3. I like the new "Measures" panel and the way it gives you detailed information when you select reading.

4. Continuous measurement are much better now and the RGB levels are very useful.

That's it for now.

Good work guys!
post #21 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 77
I have what might be a stupid question. When starting calibrations with the Eye-One that I just got in Color HCFR 2.0 it asks if I want to calibrate the Eye-One and if yes to put it on a "planar" surface.

Is it telling me to put it on a flat horizontal surface? Am I supposed to be pointing it at any particular color during the calibration?
post #22 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

It's doing a dark calibration so you don't want any light going into the sensor.

What I do is leave the diffuser on and put it on the TV stand out of the light.
post #23 of 985 Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post

It's doing a dark calibration so you don't want any light going into the sensor.

What I do is leave the diffuser on and put it on the TV stand out of the light.

Thanks!
post #24 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Is it possible to enter measurements manually if a non-supported instrument is used?
post #25 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 06:16 AM

Thanx to the HCFR team to do so much for us....and this for free!!!!

Hope they dont forget to support my Spyder3 probe

Perhaps in v 2.1????

Ok I got some parts from Sylvester (Germany forum *********.de) to build a HCFR sensor...., but need to calibrate it when its ready......

Merci beaucoup pour tout

Salut Ã* Laric et toute l'equipe de HCFR

Daniel
post #26 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Ki_

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey View Post

Is it possible to enter measurements manually if a non-supported instrument is used?

Hi
You just have to check box "Editable data"
post #27 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Is the Chroma5 meter supported?
I know it is not listed, but maybe it uses the same as D2?

/Sören
post #28 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.beam View Post

Hope they dont forget to support my Spyder3 probe

Perhaps in v 2.1????

Who knows

--Patrice

post #29 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Patrice,

Great job!

Was the Spectrum diagram for the i1Pro deleted in this version? I know it was not very useful, but it was interesting to look at.

Thanks,
JD

(Updated 10/29/2009)
post #30 of 985 Old 01-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Ki_

Hi.
The spectrum still exist.
You can access it with the information combo box but can't have it in a tab.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page