How to tie your gamertag with a new console? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Basically if you buy a new console, it is not tied to that console and as a result, you have to be online to use stuff like xbox live arcade games.

Now I want to get a new xbox but I need to figure out the best way to go about tying my gamertag with it so I can use my content when I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just choose recover gamertag when you set up your account.
That should be it.

-Evangelo2
post #3 of 5 Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

nono I'm not talking about configuring a new Xbox 360 with your existing gamertag. All you have to do is enter in your gamertag, I know that. I'll explain how this works a little more.

Basically, Microsoft does this as to curb abuse. Basically, whatever Xbox you use to sign up for the Xbox Live membership, it ties that gamertag to that Xbox.

Now you can use your gamertag on anyone's xbox, and as long as you are online, it functions exactly the same, except 1 big difference. When you actually go offline and you are not connected to the internet, on the xbox that is tied to your gamertag, you can still play your xbox live arcade games. On any other xbox, you need to be connected to xbox live to play.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

You're asking about loading your profile onto another console, which you can do. As far as I know, your profile does not have any special connection with the console it was originally created on.

The question you should be asking is, is there any way to tie my downloadable content to a console other than the one it was originally downloaded on? And the answer to that question is, no. Once you change consoles, you have to actually be logged on to XBL in order to access any XBLA (or other downloadable content), forever and ever.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Your content is tied to your gamertag and your console itself. If you "upgrade" your console then you can't play your content while offline. The only way you can do it is by calling MS and begging them to do it. They only really do it if your console came in for repairs. Buying a new console or getting the 120 GB hard drive they consider an "upgrade" so they won't do it. Ahole move if you ask me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page