To set up Windows Media Player 11 on a PC running Windows XP
1. Connect your console to your PC as described above or using one of the connection types described in Connect to Xbox LIVE.
2. Go to the Windows Media Player 11 download page at www.microsoft.com
to download the software.
Depending on your region, Windows Media Player 11 may also be available at www.xbox.com/pcsetup
3. Click Windows Media Player Software (or, if you followed the link for a manual download, choose your operating system and follow the instructions).
4. Run the software setup on your PC and follow the prompts.
5. When setup is complete, Windows Media Player should automatically start. If not, open it.
6. In Windows Media Player, click Library, Media Sharing.
7. Select Share my media, OK. Windows Media Player will search for devices on your network.
8. Click your console, then click Allow. If you want to apply more options, click Settings. When done, click OK.
9. On your Xbox 360 console, in the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard, select Music, Pictures, or Video.
10. If your PC's content is not displayed, press X and select your PC.