The Official Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 131 Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Uhm, you do know you can skip those space ship launch animations completely. As soon as it starts hit, I think it is the A button, and the animation skips. You can do it on all launches.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I think it's B. I did skip em, but they are still a bit much. I also get a bit of lag there.

That part of the game IMO seems out of place and unnecessary. It's a nice idea, but would have made more sense if there were activities to do in space.
post #123 of 131 Old 11-12-2009, 06:52 PM

wal mart has this for $20. Worth it?
post #124 of 131 Old 11-12-2009, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

wal mart has this for $20. Worth it?

Best strategy game ever. Well worth it. I never played a game that much. Probably 50 - 100 times as differnt civs and victories (i.e. tech, military, economic).

post #125 of 131 Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Definitely worth it. The AI is balls, especially if you know the PC game, but it's still a great title. Easy achievements too.
post #126 of 131 Old 02-15-2010, 04:10 PM

Anyone still palying this game, i think ive gotten the most outta this game and gears of war. tehy had a ton of dlc that wasnt out when i stopped playing. I downloaded it and now there are a ton of different scenarios
post #127 of 131 Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen View Post

Anyone still palying this game, i think ive gotten the most outta this game and gears of war. tehy had a ton of dlc that wasnt out when i stopped playing. I downloaded it and now there are a ton of different scenarios

Still play it all the time. I love this game. Simply awesome.

post #128 of 131 Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
it's a game, where whenever I feel like lounging and listening to music, I pop in CivRev. I set the AVR to the DirecTV music channels, and the display to the 360. since CivRev doesn't require sound to play, it's perfect for cranking tunes while playing

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
post #129 of 131 Old 12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Back from the dead bump!

My wife and I just got two copies of this so we could play online together. Bigtime Civ IV people, bought V but had to wait a year to play it due to it being broken. Convinced her to buy it after trying the demo, and now here I am with two questions!

1. Is there any DLC that is worth it? What should I/we avoid? Are all the wonder packs only good for single player?

2. What multiplayer DLC is there? Do both people need the DLC, or does the host only need it? I'm specifically looking into the terrestrial map pack since it has Earth maps
post #130 of 131 Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Back from the dead bump!

My wife and I just got two copies of this so we could play online together. Bigtime Civ IV people, bought V but had to wait a year to play it due to it being broken. Convinced her to buy it after trying the demo, and now here I am with two questions!

1. Is there any DLC that is worth it? What should I/we avoid? Are all the wonder packs only good for single player?

2. What multiplayer DLC is there? Do both people need the DLC, or does the host only need it? I'm specifically looking into the terrestrial map pack since it has Earth maps

I still play this game and one of the few games I got the 1,000 point achievements. Incredibly addictive game sooo loved it.

The DLC is well worth it. Especially the wonders and artifacts. The new artifacts you find in the world soooo help the game and now having so many new ones you can discover while exploring really helps. They are most definitely worth it. I believe the wonder packs work in multi-player too if both people have them.

I believe both people need the maps downloaded for it to work. I actually found most of the maps to be a dissapointment. The best part was the new scenerios (i.e. everyone gets more techs, more barbarians in the world, etc. etc.) the new scenerios really helped add another dimmension to the game from the standard game play. But the actual maps were a little boring and I found the default random map generator to be way better for exploring.

post #131 of 131 Old 12-13-2011, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I still play this game and one of the few games I got the 1,000 point achievements. Incredibly addictive game sooo loved it.

The DLC is well worth it. Especially the wonders and artifacts. The new artifacts you find in the world soooo help the game and now having so many new ones you can discover while exploring really helps. They are most definitely worth it. I believe the wonder packs work in multi-player too if both people have them.

I believe both people need the maps downloaded for it to work. I actually found most of the maps to be a dissapointment. The best part was the new scenerios (i.e. everyone gets more techs, more barbarians in the world, etc. etc.) the new scenerios really helped add another dimmension to the game from the standard game play. But the actual maps were a little boring and I found the default random map generator to be way better for exploring.

hmm good to know thanks.

I found one of the maps was a free download, so I downloaded it and kept it off the wife's 360 for now. I'll try hosting and see what happens.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page