post #91 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post

you have a mic stand for the mic in rockband so one person can sing and play guitar?

nice, i got to get that. where can you find a mic stand that fits the rockband mic or is it standard.

is it hard to sing and play guitar? i guess if you know the song you can just look at the guitar notes.

there's a different sense of accomplishment when you play the guitar /base and be singing at the same time. The first time I did it I think I got 80% on both 3 stars but it was on medium. Man, that was a challenge.

Yep, found both stand and clip on Amazon for $20 (all regulation sizes btw)

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

nice, i got to get that. where can you find a mic stand that fits the rockband mic or is it standard.

this is the one i use...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician...63-i1393019.gc

and

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician...10-i1127045.gc

if you don't want to worry about the mic getting scratched, get a rubber clip. and if you don't get that clip for whatever reason, just make sure you get a wired clip, because wireless clips are bigger because wireless mic's are thicker...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #93 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

this is the one i use...

and

if you don't want to worry about the mic getting scratched, get a rubber clip. and if you don't get that clip for whatever reason, just make sure you get a wired clip, because wireless clips are bigger because wireless mic's are thicker...

Velvy plays Rock Band too? Heck yeah!

here's mine
http://www.amazon.com/Adam-Microphon...9247969&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Gear...9247952&sr=8-2

what sucks was that these didn't come from Amazon (from someone else) so shipping killed me. Oh well

I Geez Zeus Me

post #94 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

so shipping killed me. Oh well

i hear that, shipping killed me too, and the cheapest stands that Guitar Center and Sam Ash had in the store were $40...

i like having the boom though, because while you don't really need it to play guitar and sing, it REALLY helps if you want to play drums and sing. one guy i work with hung his mic from the ceiling when he was away at college, instead of getting a stand, and i crack up every time i think about that...

and you DO have a drum throne and guitar stands, right? lol

post #95 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i hear that, shipping killed me too, and the cheapest stands that Guitar Center and Sam Ash had in the store were $40...

i like having the boom though, because while you don't really need it to play guitar and sing, it REALLY helps if you want to play drums and sing. one guy i work with hung his mic from the ceiling when he was away at college, instead of getting a stand, and i crack up every time i think about that...

and you DO have a drum throne and guitar stands, right? lol

LOL! I've yet to find a comfy drum seat (when I get the time). My guitar stands are going to be coming from lowes in the form of these yellow hook things that you screw to the walls. hey, good enough!

I Geez Zeus Me

post #96 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

LOL! I've yet to find a comfy drum seat (when I get the time). My guitar stands are going to be coming from lowes in the form of these yellow hook things that you screw to the walls. hey, good enough!

Like these?

Dont forget padding on the backs....unless you are going to hang plastic guitars on the walls
post #97 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

this is the one i use...

and

cool thanks for the info. do they not make a wireless mic for rockband yet? i know you can use any usb mic so there prob is a wireless usb mic out there. that combined with the wireless guitar would let you move around more.
post #98 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebronze View Post

Like these?

Dont forget padding on the backs....unless you are going to hang plastic guitars on the walls

yeah those are real guitars. much cooler but most of the rest of us are dealing in the plastic toy video game guitars, heeheh. GH 3 and rockband are fun and GH world tour with the new drum set that trumps rockbands drums should be decent, but yeah the plastic instruments start to pile up.

I dont have guitar stands but i've seen them. I do still want to get a drum stool and a mic stand is a must i think so you can sing and play guitar.

what do you mean about the boom mic stand so you can play drums and sing? does the other one the guy linked to amazon not bend down low enough for when sitting at drums? cus that is kind of a good point, if you are going to get one mine as well get one that will work for playing guitar or drums not just guitar.
post #99 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

amazon has this mic stand with boom (for bending it down to the sitting position of the drums)
http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Stands-T.../dp/B0002E55UY

but i dont like the feet it has sticking out in all directions at the bottom compared to guitarcenters musicians gear brand witht he smaller circular base plus the on stage brand one at amazon is $5 more though if free shipping would prob be less then guitar center.

one reviewer said they used this one for rockband for ps3 and it worked great to use mic with any of the instruments so if getting it for same game (360 though) thats a good review to go by if it worked for them and their 9 yr old.
post #100 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 04:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

My basement HT. (Click to enlarge all photos)

My ever changing equipment list is on my build thread for those interested (I'm to lazy to type it out again)

Looking back from screen.

Looking at the screen (With Flash)

Same photo with out flash

Side view.

Rack.

A look at the seats with the lights off. Blue LED cup holders and stair lights.

I also have 2 other HT's that I play the 360 and PS3 on

5.1 on main level

5.1 on upper level

My 3 nephews playing some Halo 3 on the 71"

Cheers
Calvin

Check out my construction thread below -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #101 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

this is the one i use...

and

At the risk of sounding stupid, is the mic stand adjustable for say... playing on the drums?
post #102 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calv1n View Post

Cheers
Calvin

WOW! Amazing!!!! Another top notch HT

I Geez Zeus Me

post #103 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My ever changing equipment list is on my build thread for those interested (I'm to lazy to type it out again)

Looking back from screen.

Looking at the screen (With Flash)

Same photo with out flash

Side view.

Rack.

A look at the seats with the lights off. Blue LED cup holders and stair lights.

I also have 2 other HT's that I play the 360 and PS3 on

5.1 on main level

5.1 on upper level

My 3 nephews playing some Halo 3 on the 71"

Cheers
Calvin

wow that is all totally my style. The 73" samsung is nice. I have a 67" sam dlp in my main movie and tv viewing room (family room). ps3 hooked there too and use a Popcorn Hour for 1080p movies with DTS sound with def tech 7.1 surround setup and a nice Onkyo receiver with hdmi inputs.

Basement, I finished a year or 2 ago now and was already an expensive project and with a baby on the way I was trying to keep it it economical and practical so that it wasnt all just for a home theatre so I didn't go with a projector as I wasn't that into projectors then and felt for practicality that a nice 1080p tv would be better and I was going to be using the home theatre down there mostly for gaming while movies with the wife are in the fam room. That way in basement she couldn't hear my talking really loud on XBL from teh 3rd floor and that has worked out cus she used to hear me on the main floor from 3rd floor bedroom.

As it was the electrician had to talk me into in wall speakers in the basement HT as he said I mine as well now when they were doing drywall while I could where as later it would be more difficult. So I went with a Yamaha 6.1 in wall speaker setup and yam receiver down there which is booming enough for my gaming needs. I wanted an LEd so I just went with a 61" samsung led dlp which is great for 360 and wii and was the larges LED dlp at the time but now they have a 67" so I kind of want to go bigger down there though the seating is a little closer then my large fam room where i have the 67" so the 61" in teh basement gaming HT actually works size wise but i do have room for larger. instead of using the whole wall for a projector screen, I put floating cabinets for storage and practicality and a nice glass shelf above the tv. This works great for me and is a great secondary HT and gaming area.

But I always kind of wonder what I could have done with a projector setup and had a step up 2nd row seating and done a whole profesh av rack.

Maybe next hopefully larger house when kids are grown up or something but 1 is a handful for us and we will prob have a 2nd sooner or later.

Awesome set up though on all 3 floors and its mostly all my style.

When you are doing multiple rooms/floors it gets expensive. Multiple sets of receivers and speakes and everything.

Even in bedroom I have a 42" plasma about to upgrade to 47" and then a 42" lcd in home office so yeah its a lot. add a loft with tv, kitchen with lcd and even the babies room has a white wall mounted flat lcd on cantilever arm and ppl come over and think its the hosue of tvs but its all relative to who you compare to.

I just sold a plasma so i'm actually in the market for a new 1080p flat screen. Prob going to go with a philips ambilight model cus we have one in the bedroom we love and one at the beach.

I hope some day I can do a real HT similiar to yours. thanks for sharing.
post #104 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Cheers
Calvin

I'm curious as to what you think of your in-walls compared to, say, JTR Triple 8's, Klipsch Ultra 2 or Triad on walls.

I'm in the early stages of putting together an acoustically transparent screen, and am trying to look at every speaker option. But its hard to demo in-wall speakers.
post #105 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

amazon has this mic stand with boom (for bending it down to the sitting position of the drums)
http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Stands-T.../dp/B0002E55UY

but i dont like the feet it has sticking out in all directions at the bottom compared to guitarcenters musicians gear brand witht he smaller circular base plus the on stage brand one at amazon is $5 more though if free shipping would prob be less then guitar center.

the feet sticking out may not look as good as the circular base, but i use it on an old wooden floor so the feet actually work better, because i don't want to have to worry that the stand may or may not wobble side to side if the circular base doesn't sit perfectly flat on the wooden floor. if you really want the one with the circular base, they make the same exact stand with it instead of the feet, for the same price...

the only bad thing about ordering from GC online is that you can't return online orders to a retail store location, you have to ship everything back, and that's annoying when there's a store walking distance from my house. i've never had a problem with an online order from though, but like i said, so that's not to take anything away from them...

Quote:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Pe...27-i1415299.gc

this is the one i use. i like it, but something like a throne is going to be personal, it all depends what you consider comfortable and what you like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 View Post

At the risk of sounding stupid, is the mic stand adjustable for say... playing on the drums?

yes it is, i said it was a few posts after my original one, which is when the boom on the stand comes in handy. i will say this though, it's tough to sing and play drums at the same time (even on medium difficulty) unless you kinda know the lyrics...

post #106 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

yeah your right the circular base mic stand may look better and take up less space but the ones with the feet is going to stay up better while the circular based ones probably fall over a lot.
post #107 of 618 Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Shin CZ, are you running all of the electronics behind closed glass? I hope there are some fans back there!

Nah, the hotter electronics (ps3 and soon to be 360) are on the open area under the TV, while the others are in closed glass (router, cable modem, audio receiver interface (the inputs and wires are actually on the subwoofer), hd cable box, and Sega Dreamcast. The receiver interface was moved behind the glass after I took the pics.

The backs all have pretty big holes for the wires and ventilation, but I do open the front whenever I use the cable box or dreamcast. Not worried about the modem and router as the back should be enough, and they don't run hot.

I'm still moving things around, and getting a feel for where I want things. But I'm generally happy with the setup.

My house A/C is at around 65 degrees 24-7. I like it cool. =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #108 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ View Post

Nah, the hotter electronics (ps3 and soon to be 360) are on the open area under the TV, while the others are in closed glass (router, cable modem, audio receiver interface (the inputs and wires are actually on the subwoofer), hd cable box, and Sega Dreamcast. The receiver interface was moved behind the glass after I took the pics.

The backs all have pretty big holes for the wires and ventilation, but I do open the front whenever I use the cable box or dreamcast. Not worried about the modem and router as the back should be enough, and they don't run hot.

I'm still moving things around, and getting a feel for where I want things. But I'm generally happy with the setup.

jeezzus! That is cold

I Geez Zeus Me

post #109 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ View Post

And you like your electricity bill high.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #110 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I'm curious as to what you think of your in-walls compared to, say, JTR Triple 8's, Klipsch Ultra 2 or Triad on walls.

I'm in the early stages of putting together an acoustically transparent screen, and am trying to look at every speaker option. But its hard to demo in-wall speakers.

Lebronze,

Even though my in-walls are proficient (aka speaker craft) which is a great speaker builder they don't compare to any mid to high end "box" speakers. The 3 you mentioned are all most likely better although I've only heard the Klipsch Ultras of the 3. Even with out hearing the other 2 I would say they are better. That been said they are not so much better that I would change my set up for the "improvement". The truth is the sound is still good/great and when the lights are down and the movie / game is on no one really notices including myself and I'm really the harshest critic in the room (and I can live with them despite hearing the others). For music listening I do have my box speakers upstairs if I really wanted the best fidility for straight music listening (which I rarely ever do other then in the hot tub which plays from a MP3 which is crap sound anyways)

Cheers
Calvin

Check out my construction thread below -

post #111 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Lebronze, what stands did you have those 2.1s on? Going to need some soon!

X360 games up for trade/$: GTA4, Top Spin 3, Jericho, Dark Sector, RB6: Vegas, Burnout Revenge, Gears of War -- PM me!
post #112 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Those are real purty geetars. I used to have a vox amp. The sg with the bigsby is sweet. Very nice set up.

Quote:

Like these?

post #113 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mw182006 View Post

Lebronze, what stands did you have those 2.1s on? Going to need some soon!

They are from omnimount, they were pretty cheap when I bought them from circuit city as an open box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper View Post

Those are real purty geetars. I used to have a vox amp. The sg with the bigsby is sweet. Very nice set up.

Thanks for the compliment. I setup the room for all forms of entertainment, it is basically a room with everything a guy could ever want. Pool Table, HD Projector, Guitars, and a drum set.
post #114 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Who is going to be the first to download the MS Photosynth program and show us their theater setup that way?

XBox - Shizelbs

post #115 of 618 Old 08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Lebronze, nice Axes / amp!

This is the best I can do - just picked it up again after 20 years. Having a ball with it but I suck enormously.

I don't deserve the real thing yet, so the Epi is going to have to do for now

Craig

No changes are permanent, but change is - Peart

post #116 of 618 Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Great setups everyone one day ill roll with the big boys lol

post #117 of 618 Old 08-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Here is my dorm room setup for the year. I may decide to haul in my surround sound setup and rearrange, but I'm not sure if my neighbors will approve of an SVS next door.

Custom PC is setup with dual HD tuners so that I can record all my shows while I'm studying, then I can watch them w/ the 360 before I go to bed.

Sony 65W850A | Xbox One 

Xbox Live: PremiumNapBear

post #118 of 618 Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by football76 View Post

]

I was half expecting to see some drunk college kid falling out of that bed. I wish it were me
Yes miss college epic times
post #119 of 618 Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

I was half expecting to see some drunk college kid falling out of that bed. I wish it were me
Yes miss college epic times

So you were wishing you were falling out of my bed??? Whoa there.

-Though I've only been on campus for 3 days, I don't think the 'cleanliness' will last too long. [*insert Homer Simpson, "mmmmmmmm, Beer." here*]

Sony 65W850A | Xbox One 

Xbox Live: PremiumNapBear

post #120 of 618 Old 08-22-2008, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football76 View Post

i love that the laundry basket's about the size a shoe box...

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page